Private Messages

Supreme Cmdr

The next fool (e.g. TRescott) who sends me a private message when in fact their profile is not set to receive private messages (because they foolishly have that option off), is going into my private message ban list.

The time it takes to click several times to go read+respond the bloody thing, is my time wasted.

This is the THIRD person this week thats done this. If you don't call someone on the phone, then leave them a wrong number to call you back on, don't bloody send me private messages if I can't reply to them because you have it turned off in your damn profile.

And to answer your question (TRescott) as to Why did you choose to use a pasy service for the users to download from?. None of your damn business. Are you paying for my bandwidth? And is there some directive that says I have to host files on a service of your liking?

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Well generally when I pay $50.00 for a game, I don's usually expect to then have to pay $6.00 per month to download the fixes for their bugs. (It's free, you needed to scroll down a few spots) You are correct I should not have considered posting a private message, it sould have been posted so others that venture here can be warned not to purchase a game that is so bug ridden it simple cannt be played. (what are your system specs there, if you expect assistance, we need that info, but you haven't even tried.) Your arrogant attitude that got you this far.....will also take you down...did you not learn anything from the first Battlecruiser incidents? (he learned, that is why he published this game himself, and this is also why we betatested it thoroughly before releasing it) DONT BYTE the hand that feed you. (your $50 barely covered postage, so chill out!!) We are why you exist. Do yo have any idea how many of us have updated this, changed that, get the newest drivers to see one thing..crash after crash every 5 minutes. (Again, where are your system specs, and why haven't you asked for help?) Why Dereck do we as gamers not have this issue with other games? (maybe because this is a high end game, with so much going on that some low end systems can't handle the sheer power of it.) As for this consumer...he is out of here and will not bother you with such dumb questions like why I have to pay to get a damn bug fix. (you don't have to pay for a damn bug fix, you just need to get a gamespy ID, which is free!! The $6.00 is for a private server so you don't have to wait in line, or didn't you notice this? If you are going to post something like this, look a little closer before you make a fool of yourself.) You got my 50 bucks once.......you wont again. (and this is supposed to what? make him pay attention? GET REAL!!) See if you have the balls to keep this one posted *******. (if he decides to ban your butt, that is his decision, but I would rather it stayed up, just to show what an ass you are and an example of the crap he puts up with from day to day from dumb gamers who feel that because they have a computer it makes them some kind of god to game developers. Let me give you a clue, you're not and you don't have a clue!!)

Trescott

also, just to give you a clue about how ridiculous and stupid I think you are, this is only the 2nd time I have ever used my powers as a CAT member, but nothing makes me more angry then some 10 year old getting on here and yelling at the SC about something totally moronic, that could have been fixed if you had asked for assistance. That's what this forum is for, no other game developer even comes close to this type of support, bottom line, you're an idiot!!

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

I noticed the download for RC9 is only available on Gamespy... which looks like a site that pays for the service by ads. With no disclaimer about using your email for sale to spam ads I am reluctant to use their service.

Is there someplace 'safe' to download from?

Can anyone confirm that Gamespy doesn't sell or spam email addresses themselves?

BTW, to the Supreme Commander about a 'pasy' service... we did pay for the game already. We are just looking the files to make it work. And yes it is my business if purchasing your product 'might' lead (directly or indirectly) to misuse of my email.

quote:

Originally posted by Trescott:

Well generally when I pay $50.00 for a game, I don's usually expect to then have to pay $6.00 per month to download the fixes for their bugs.

What part of

quote:

Accessing FilePlanet's huge library of files requires a
free
GameSpy ID.

made you think that you have to pay $6.00 per month to download anything?

Ah, I see, you were confused by the private servers and didn't scroll the page down to see the public servers now did you. Sheesh.

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]

Ignorant noobs. SC isn't even requiered to even let you see those RC patches, but he lets you get it in advance if you can't wait for the final.

And as for you complaining about bugs, first of all, they are minor, the game is playable out of the box, and is better than 90% of games out there. Also, name one game that didn't have bugs? Go ahead. One last thing, the speed and support you get from SC for BCM is amazing compared to waiting for almoust 6 months for Black and White patch (supposebly one of the best games with all the hype).

So $hut up, and don't p* off SC and others around here because once you do it's a long long way down, as for the help for any questions you might have in the future, I can't speak for anyone else but you are not getting any from me.

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Soback ]

Trescott,

Why did you say what you said? You definitely did not scroll down to see the public servers for that download did you. I have a gamespy ID, what's your problem?

God, you are why Noobs have a bad name....

Now, get back here, get on your knees, apologize for your stupidity, and let's get on with the gaming shall we?

Oh, and threats will get you no where here, except to get banned from the site. So please watch your mouth.

quote:

It is better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt..

Also, since when is it our problem if you have a low end system or have not upgraded your drivers?

If the game doesn't run, it is definitely on your end, I have an ancient system compared to some of the people here, and it runs just fine on my machine. So, it tells me that it is a problem with your system, not with the game itself. And if you would take the time to explain your problem, you would be amazed at how much help you would possibly get here.

But NO, you have to get on your high horse like you are the gamer from god, guess what? YOU'RE NOT!!! So chill out, tell us what the problem is and let's see if we can figure out what your problem is!!

You have posted exactly how many times? Yeah, that's what I thought.

And Brian1, Gamespy doesn't care what e-mail address you use, get a yahoo address and use it, I have 4 throw away e-mails there just for that purpose!!

Also, I have edited his post, if it is offensive to anyone, please feel free to edit again!!

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

Some people don't understand the idea of FREE patches for the game that sometimes have new features in them for FREE. Well, that's what we're getting RIGHT NOW. I'm reasonably new on the forums and *I* was *NEVER* that stupid... I guess that's what happens when you let 7 year olds get complex games, play them, then use computers to post on message boards....

Troubleshooting Faq

In this are links to programs that can tell you about your chipsets and tweaking your hardware. There are plenty of people who have already had your problem. Post instead of bothering the guy who is already catering to more then what your $50 entitled you.

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: antaren4279 ]

I do not understand why so many are complaining about the game hanging up. I have a "minimum required" PC (P2 400Mhz, only 128Mb Ram, and an old, jurassic, Diamond Viper 550 (nVidia TNT) with only 16Mb on it). Yes, I had some problem at the beginning, but after some reading of the FAQ and of this forum I was able to fix all the problem, in only few minutes and two or three reboot! Thanks SC, and all the other guys that made this possible.

Now I can play for hours without problems (well, it slows down a little when there are 4/5 gammulan ships near Galcom HQ and the terran forces send out their defensive ships... ). BTW, Santa Claus will bring me soon a new PC, kind of NASA mainframe .

Back to the topic "Private Messages":

A week ago I sent a private message to JJ, Eihort and Mr_Paris. Its quite an urgent and important issue. They never red that message. Ehi guys, you three, please go check your Private Messages!!!!

Thanks.

See you in space.

quote:

A week ago I sent a private message to JJ, Eihort and Mr_Paris. Its quite an urgent and important issue. They never red that message. Ehi guys, you three, please go check your Private Messages!!!!

Probably because they didn't activated the option that sends an email whenever you get a PM...

SC is there a way that you could know if you have a new pm on the main page on the bar saying ">> Hello, [log out]" ? That would be greatly appreciated and practical.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Probably because they didn't activated the option that sends an email whenever you get a PM...

Yes, I think that is the reason too, but I also think that it's a good idea to check own profile for Private Msg once a day, or when you log in (it takes only 2 seconds).

Hope they will read these posts!

See you in space

quote:

Why did you say what you said? You definitely did not scroll down to see the public servers for that download did you.

hehe, I got all pissed off last night, thinking I was going to have to fork out $$ for a patch.

'How can he do this?' I thought

'He wants more money?' I screamed

Then I scrolled down...........

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Paddy Gregory ]

Well, I am stunned to read that things have really gone so wrong for such an individual. This Board is if a little too strict very informative, with the best crew of guys who are eager to help I have known since my days at the X-Tension forum.

SC, while again a little blunt at times shows so much dedication to BCM, that I can safely say that this game will keep me entertained for a very long time to come. His fast work with the patches and additions he throws in is nothing short of brilliant. The speed and virtually daily updates so far have really impressed the socks off me.

The game played fine right out of the box for myself, nothings perfect though and SC knows this and why patches are being released ASAP.

I can understand that if you just step foot in here without a little pre-background knowledge or understanding of the boards do & don’ts and so forth that it can come across rather cold and less than welcoming. Short fused and quick temper enthusiasts will obviously get the wrong end of the stick. When you’re in business and dealing with the general public, be prepared for all sorts I know.

All I can say is that perhaps this Trescott and others like him, should take a step back, sit down read some of the posts get a feel of the board and then after careful consideration and understanding post your questions. Let us get you started and hopefully get the game running without problems.

I love talking about a game I enjoy playing, I am sure many on here too also. All new comers young or old, like myself just be patient. If for some reason the game doesn’t run even after patching, worst-case scenario take it back and get a refund.

Hey I am not perfect, I can ask silly questions. But that’s me. Either they get answered or they don’t. But if there is a problem or I have a query I will ask on here. That’s what a public board that’s centred around a game should and is for.

If you’re in trouble, speak to the professionals because I am not one of them....

File closed.

quote:

Originally posted by Brian1:

I noticed the download for RC9 is only available on Gamespy... which looks like a site that pays for the service by ads. With no disclaimer about using your email for sale to spam ads I am reluctant to use their service.

Is there someplace 'safe' to download from?

Can anyone confirm that Gamespy doesn't sell or spam email addresses themselves?

BTW, to the Supreme Commander about a 'pasy' service... we did pay for the game already. We are just looking the files to make it work. And yes it is my business if purchasing your product 'might' lead (directly or indirectly) to misuse of my email.

In case you guys haven't noticed a huge number of games have patches only available through fileplanet. Most people hate fileplanet. Personally, I think it sucks. But if it's the easiest way for game developers to host their patches then so be it. Deal with it.

And TRescott, the last way you're going to get your way from anyone in life is not by going off on a semi-coherant rant. You're certainly not making a hero of yourself with that post, especially since you're no even following the most basic of rules put out on the forum. And besides, what would you do if some other game you loved did something you didn't like and you didn't have any forum to post on it. Learn to have some respect.

I happen to like file planet. I can usually live with the wait, but it guarentees the download. Whenever I try to download from somewhere else, I often get some error message.

As for PMs, I have that email option on, and suggest that everyone do the same.

And you, Trescott, are an a**hole. That's all I'm going to say.

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Urza ]

quote:

Originally posted by Urza:

And you, Trescott, are an a**hole. That's all I'm going to say.

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Urza ]

He no longer has access to the site. And am only leaving his post up as an example for others see the kind of crap I have to put up with. Yet when I go off the deep end, people wonder why - and still give me that the customer is always right horse shit.

• 3 months later...

Why is it that some idiots insist on sending private messages then NOT checking their replies - even though they have this set in their profile?

The next fool who sends me a private message and then doesn't read my reply; is going to be in a world of hurt.

btw Epsilon 5, have you checked your PM today?

[ 03-17-2002, 19:04: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]