UBB Forum Upgrade

Supreme Cmdr

The forum was down for a few hours today while I did routine maintenance and upgraded to the latest version of UBB.

You will notice that your avatars are probably broken. This is because I was previously using an avatar hack. This version of UBB now supports avatars. So, go into your profile and update your avatar if it is broken as a result of this update.

You can now also use a custom avatar from your own or other site.

Please report any anomalies with the upgrade.

[ 01-04-2003, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sits snuggly in his new TacOps Cmdr's office*

Finally, im a true Chairborne Ranger! I pity those poor Ham Commandos under me bwahahahahahahaahah

Guest Remo Williams

Holy smoke you find some new toys Elio. LOL!

Did the upgrade add new features, or did it just fix faults in the last version?

[ 06-15-2002, 18:54: Message edited by: Remo Williams ]

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

In the avatar selection window, it says to not select an avatar that has a forum user's name, but when you click on a pic the link under doesn't update.

Yes it does. You have to press the button

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

In the avatar selection window, it says to not select an avatar that has a forum user's name, but when you click on a pic the link under doesn't update.

Yes it does. You have to press the button

I did. I click on an avatar, and it changes in the corner, but the url stays the same. Homering the pic doesn't say anything. Clicking select this avatar closes the window, and I have to re-open it to see what's the url to see the name.

I'm using Mozilla 1.1a build ID 2002061014

[ 06-16-2002, 00:58: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

It works here. And your browser type is irrelevant to me because I didn't develop UBB.

All I know is that it works. And since you already have your avatar defined, quit your foolish whining and go find something else to post about.

[ 06-16-2002, 09:16: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

It works here. And your browser type is irrelevant to me because I didn't develop UBB.

All I know is that it works. And since you already have your avatar defined, quit your foolish whining and go find something else to post about.

You did asked to report anomalities. You first post, last line. And I did.

I tested it several times before posting about it.

quote:

You did asked to report anomalities. You first post, last line. And I did.

I tested it several times before posting about it.

...and I already replied that it works as it is supposed to.

Another day

Another upgrade

Another colossal screw-up

I accidentally uploaded the full UBB 6.3.01 to the site, thereby wiping out all previous specialized settings. Essentially setting everything back to the defaults.

Thank God for backups

So, if you notice anything odd, thats what happened. I'll be in this corner over there.

quote:

I'll be in this corner over there.

"extends index finger and pokes the CLOSE INNER AIRLOCK DOOR button"

"extends index finger once more and pauses over the OPEN OUTER AIRLOCK DOOR BUTTON"

Nah.

"Shuffles toward the mess hall, whistling a tune."

• 1 month later...

quote:

You can now also use a custom avatar from your own or other site.

Heh, one query.. I tore through the user preferences page, but failed to find any field allowing me to throw in the link to my own custom avatar. Am I missing something blatantly obvious?

Looks nice all around though, and everything loads much faster too (an impressive feat, considering how I'm on cable ).

Boy, I've been reading the forums quietly for weeks, and how could I have missed this thread? (Was gone in early June.)

Upgrade's pretty slick. I see there are more little doodads to tinker around with, which I won't. (i.e. "Report This Post")

No trouble on my end, chief.

I liked it better when posts alternated in color (one post being lighter shade, the next one darker, and the next one lighter again), made it easier to separate each post. Now they kinda run together. Other than that, it's nice.

I agree with Soback - when you're scrolling quickly through the posts to find the most recent ones, the alternating colours help distinguish between the posts

quote:

Originally posted by Rm:

I agree with Soback - when you're scrolling quickly through the posts to find the most recent ones, the alternating colours help distinguish between the posts

oh, OK. I will put it back.I changed it because the Report Post icon doesn't look good on the Black background. And when I made it transparent, I can only use one color for that, not two. So, it will look fine in one post and not the other.

[ 08-03-2002, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Heh, just an FYI, I'm still not seeing any "enter your own avatar URL" fields on the Preferences or Avatar Selection pages.. am I the only one?

Edit: Nevermind, it's there now. Thanks!

[ 08-03-2002, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Parias ]