Webring members and BCM webpages

Commanders,

The webring of course still exists, although I have not gone through ALL of the webpages in a while, I will be doing it VERY soon.

Here is why, I have noticed that some of you have put the appendix, and other interesting things up on your websites.

Because of this, I am asking that ALL of you place the following on ALL of your main pages, whichever page your link in the webring goes to, this MUST be on it, if not, I will delete you from the ring and I will put the SC's attention to you.

Some of you have an old one of these already in your pages, but of course things have changed, and I want us all on the same page.

All Images, Manual pages, etc from Battlecruiser Millennium GOLD(BCMG), Battlecruiser Millennium (BCM), (Put a page break here)

Battlecruiser 3000AD (BC3K), Battlecruiser Online (BCO), Battlecruiser Generations (BCG),(put a page break here)

and Battlecruiser Tactical Command (BCTC) are all copyright property of 3000AD Inc.

When you are finished it should look like This Page, please refresh and go to the bottom of the page.

Make sure that this is on your webpage, I will be going through them in 1 week, if this is missing, I will notify you that you have a 2nd chance, after that, your page will be deleted.

Also, understand this, IF you decide to put something on your website that is STRAIGHT out of the manual, you had better get the SC's permission first. He OWNS it, it is is his, I doubt it will be a problem, but it is always nice to ask the owner before you use something that belongs to him.

A private message should do it, and make sure that you say please.

That is all commanders, if you wish to comment, please do so on this thread.

Again, you have one week, Friday April 18th, please take care of it, besides, I am sure that some of you need an excuse to play with and update your pages anyway...

Thanks,

Jaguar

Webring Master

[ 04-11-2003, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

Only because I have been buried from work, I am giving you another 2 weeks, or 1 1/2 weeks from now.

When I get back from my trip to Spokane, the 1st of May, I will go over all of them again and any that are noncompliant will get notified via e-mail.

So, until May 2nd commanders.

• 1 month later...

OK, we pretty much got that ALL squared away, but I am having problems with people applying to the ring WITHOUT a page up yet.

DO NOT apply to the ring UNTIL you have a Battlecruiser webpage up and can point to it DIRECTLY from the link you give the ring.

When I click on the link you give the webring, I DO NOT want to see your personal homepage, I want to immediately see you Battlecruiser page, if you want to link somewhere else FROM that page, I can live with that, BUT, do not link the webring to anything BUT your Battlecruiser page, or your application will be REFUSED!!

Also, make sure that when you have applied to the ring, that you take the HTML document that you are sent via E-mail into that Page, otherwise, I will A: refuse your request, or B: Leave you in the Queu until the HTML is put in the page.

Dem's the rules commanders, and I will not allow ANYONE to break them!!

• 3 months later...

Attention ALL webring members, I have made some changes to the webring HTML, so I need you guys to do the same.

Go into the webring HTML.

First off, in the title box, it says.

The official Battlecruiser webring site is owned by.....

You need to change it to say the following.

This Official Battlecruiser/Universal Combat Webring site is owned by.

Easy stuff

2nd change.

This...

All Images, Manual pages, etc from Battlecruiser Millennium GOLD(BCMG), Battlecruiser Millennium (BCM), Battlecruiser 3000AD (BC3K), Battlecruiser Online (BCO), Battlecruiser Generations (BCG), and Battlecruiser Tactical Command (BCTC) are copyright property of 3000AD Inc.

needs to be changed to this....

All Images, Manual pages, etc from Universal Combat (UC), Battlecruiser Millennium GOLD(BCMG),

Battlecruiser Millennium (BCM),and Battlecruiser 3000AD (BC3K), are all copyright property of 3000AD Inc.

These may change again as Universal combat comes into it's own.

So keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks!!

To say that I am unhappy would be an understatement, I have had to move 5 of your webpages into the queue, because of 404 errors, parent directories etc.

Here is the list, if your page is on it, please let me know the status of the page and if I should totally delete it, or do you have a new link to give me so that I can change it?

Starpoint ISS Not found

Andergums Insurgent page, I get your parent directory.

Expanding realms, no page found

GCV Artemis page not found

and last but not least, and this really upsets me.

Gammula URL not found

You need to fix this guys so that I can get you back in the ring, I don't like having them hit one of the ring members and it not showing up.

Let me know what I need to do with these 5 pages, they are in the queue now, but will not be moved until I get status.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

It has been brought to my attention that some of you still do not have the copyright notice on your webpages.

Get that copyright notice on there NOW.

You have until Saturday, if that copyright notice is not on your pages, they will A: be removed from the ring, and B: Brought to the SC's attention for further action.

Take care of it commanders, I don't like looking like a hypocrite, and I just have been by another site we are trying to get into compliance.

I am not a happy camper!!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have gotten requests from 2 sites to become part of the webring.

NO webpage will be accepted unless it goes straight to the UC page. If I see a page with anything on it other then UC or BCM, your request will be refused. A link to your main page would be fine, but the page that the ring is on and points to, MUST be UC or BCM totally, no acceptions.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, dumb question.

quote:

needs to be changed to this....

All Images, Manual pages, etc from
Universal Combat (UC)
, Battlecruiser Millennium GOLD(BCMG),

Battlecruiser Millennium (BCM),and Battlecruiser 3000AD (BC3K), are all copyright property of 3000AD Inc.

Now that there is a thread titled Battlecruiser Generations with the possibility of that coming out should the copyright notice now included that info as well?

Turns out I'm not right after all. I missed the inclusion of UC and will fix my site within a few days.

• 9 months later...

Checking it now, seems fine from within the Ringsurf page itself, but the links are not working.

Will be sending an e-mail once I have run out of options on my end.

OK gentleman....

Have figured out the problem with the webring, NOT sure why it has occurred, or what changed it.

In your webring code, you will find the following lines.....

quote:

href="

There are like 5 of them all in a row, but each one that says ID=0 should be ID= YOUR ID #.

Each of you has recieved an E-mail with your ID# in it, please replace the 0 in your code, with your ID#.

Not sure what happened, because the ring was working great, and then bit the big one.