Signature Tests Here Only!!!

Barrongm

Ok I give up, I have the game and its registerd..can someone please tell me how to put a hyperlink in my signature so I can play the game....I can put the url in there but how do I link it to text ..ie sys profile info?

also when i registered i thought it asked for my forum log in name which is dif from my forum displayed name...my sys stats page shows forum login name ...is this how its suposed to be...or should i have used my forum displayed name instead?

[ 02-23-2002, 12:13: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Charles Lindsey:

Nope that ain't it Pcode, you missed a url. Yours actually points to the "edit my profile" link for the ubb board.

You are sending everyone to their own profile.

Follow the directions here exactly and you'll have it.

Edit: dead link, URL updated.

[ 07-20-2004, 05:50 AM: Message edited by: Pugwash ]

• 7 months later...
Guest Grayfox

ok... not sure where to post this one.

i needed to update my system info with the new soundcard i have in it. i went to the DB login screen, entered my name and serial number, and it said login failed...

i know my own name, and i havent lost my serial, so could someone explain whats going on please?

thx in advance

• 6 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Robert McCormick:

Test...

Hi Robert,

that avatar is a custom one reserved for Vanethian, the sound/music engineer for BCG. Please choose a different one before he starts sending me PMs.

Unofficial fleets are banned or whatnot here.

Just change whatever things that mention "fleet" in your sig to something that's more on the lines of clan, corporation, squadron, or something that isn't already associated with the official fleets.

Liberation Front sounds good. Just modify the "fleet leader" name to something else. Eh... You can think of something, I think.

I don't write the rules, but...Yeah. Just comply soon, and everything's gonna be alright. Derek gives few warnings, so assume this to be your last.

And, oh yes. Welcome aboard, newbie. See the (newbie.info) link in my sig? If you read through that, there's quite a bit of info on the already existing player groups of BC, and the race/caste conflicts involved. There's quite a bit of background of the community structure around there. FYI.

EDIT: ANd yes, that newbie info page is extmemely old and corny. But still (mostly, if not completely) valid, to this day. Except the links, of course. Some work some don't.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If it comes out looking like someone else's, then yes

I know its a pain, but its the only way I can be sure that those posting here - and using up my resources - are deserving of it.

Very soon, the board is going to be closed to the public and you will only be able to view it (let alone post) if you have a valid registration profile.

quote:

Originally posted by Sir John Falstaff:

test again... Pluhllleeeze work...

LMAO!!! Serves you right. For as long as you've been around, you should've fixed your sig by now.

quote:

Originally posted by tereleth:

so here's *my* test. oy.

Thats nice. But you mind filling in the requirement information now then? That info is required for tech support purposes.

• 4 weeks later...

Gentlemen, it is unnecessary to publicly test your signature for personal reference only. Each time you edit your forum profile, the board says this after you click the Update Profile button:

quote:

Your profile has been updated.
Any changes you have made are reflected below
. If you wish to continue to edit your profile, please use the "Edit Profile" link below.

In other words, your signature (with any and all permitted UBB Code you may be using) is formatted and displayed on that page for you - as other people will see it! Therefore, the only reason to test your signature in this thread should be to receive input or suggestions from others. This concerns me because there are now 460+ signature tests in this thread - many of which are for personal reference only.

This eats up valuable disk space and bandwidth on Derek's servers. (Well OK, so does the The Rubbish Pit with its 48 pages of 1890 threads and 26673 posts! )

Anyway, I'm looking for input about my addition of a recruitment pitch.

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

BTW what you say about the sigs is true but I've seen that it's not updated on existing messages until you post again......

That's interesting, DennyMala. The board always updates my previous posts with the new signature right after I modify my profile. I do understand what you mean, however.

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

personally I use to post the personal reference test and then delete it.

Hmm. That might work also. Thanks for the idea!

quote:

Originally posted by Kenworthy:

Is this ok?

Looks pretty good to me, Kenworthy.

Wow! Some administrator (probably with a ton of time and patience) sure cleaned up this thread pretty well. Thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

you have the ability to edit your post btw. You should do that instead of having to do multiple posts. You can also delete your own posts (I think).

In most cases users can edit or delete their own posts within 10 minutes of the original time stamp (as referenced here).

Edit: Just combining posts

[ 07-20-2004, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Pugwash ]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by Trigger Happy:

testing, testing 1, 2, 3

Your posting rights have been restricted. You were given SEVERAL warnings about registering the game (which you did eventually) and added to your sig, but without any pertinent info.

When you get your act together, contact CAT and your posting rights will be restore. If you don't get this sorted out by Monday, you will be side-wide banned.

If you can't perform such a simple request, (a) you have no business being here (B) you shouldn't be playing a game like this.

• 1 year later...

With this post, I have now updated my signature at every 3000AD-related bulletin board except ICC. I have PMed the UBB source to ShoHashi so that he can update my signature there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...