My walk into the airlock...

Guest acid9

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr. WeeGee:

This is typical of CS gamers though.

Well, I wouldn't say its typical of CS gamers. I play a lot of CS myself....but I will admit that there are many MANY players out there that act like a bunch of 1337 h@xx0rs. But hey, they just give the rest of us more entertainment.

Sorry, this is a little off topic, but I had to defend the few sane CS players out there.

quote:

Originally posted by LaserBrain:

And I have no plans of returning to these hitler youth camp forums after this because my post will be deleted in order to stagnate any controversy that it may inspire

I guess his plan backfired

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

quote:

Originally posted by LaserBrain:

And I have no plans of returning to these hitler youth camp forums after this because my post will be deleted in order to stagnate any controversy that it may inspire

I guess his plan backfired

LOL!! yep

I am one of the least computer literate people in this forum. I have ahd BC3000ad crash so many times if if I had insurance my premiums would be a million bucks. I have been frustrated by the timing of some of these crashes as well costing me EP's. Having said that, let me say this, If it wasnt for Derek Smart I wouldnt even still own a computer. I have gotten help

repairing my old rig from forum members, gotten help upgrading the new rig, developed a strong kinship with people I unfortuanately will never meet and met one person who I am proud to say is my friend( Whas up Greyfox!)

Derek has taken the time to email me on issues way beneath him and has done so with class. Is he intolerant of stupidity or laziness? YES! can he be short or brusque? again yes! But the fact that a developer takes the time to answer my questions ( questions I might add that the average 12 y/o would know)impresses me greatly. I have learned a lot and

have enjoyed the Gaming world because of these boards and I am greatly offended when someone implies they got a raw deal. IT JUST AINT SO!

Laser brain , as they say in my old hood," You ain't got to go home , but you gotta leave hear, see you and I wouldn't want to be you"

Still,everything in this forum and about flame wars ,was/is not so much about THE GAME and plenty about Derek Smart habbits/support/whatever... I must admit,i dont like his tech. support style ,but im here because of THE GAME not for him anyway.Lets keep to remember that people!!.Screw bad habbits.Lets talk about the GAME! (Derek,this goest to you too.if someone criticizes your game,doesnt mean that this makes it bad in all aspects.i think u take this far verry personaly.if this,my post disrupted your good mood,i appologise for that was not what i intended). At least i am sincere and i dont stab people in their backs. The GAME must be supported,to get into its full galore!(just wait BCG!) so ppl,support THE GAME...talk about THE GAME...try to make things better for THE GAME and the comunity.And i said that before,and to other people:Since i dont know Derek in person,i judge him by his work and what effort he made for this comunity to exist today.

LaserBrain:Laser *REMOVED* OK, none of that please. Thank you

Cheers

[ 05-07-2003, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by MindFever:

Still,everything in this forum and about flame wars ,was/is not so much about THE GAME and plenty about Derek Smart habbits/support/whatever... I must admit,i dont like his tech. support style ,but im here because of THE GAME not for him anyway.Lets keep to remember that people!!.Screw bad habbits.Lets talk about the GAME! (Derek,this goest to you too.if someone criticizes your game,doesnt mean that this makes it bad in all aspects.i think u take this far verry personaly.if this,my post disrupted your good mood,i appologise for that was not what i intended). At least i am sincere and i dont stab people in their backs. The GAME must be supported,to get into its full galore!(just wait BCG!) so ppl,support THE GAME...talk about THE GAME...try to make things better for THE GAME and the comunity.And i said that before,and to other people:Since i dont know Derek in person,i judge him by his work and what effort he made for this comunity to exist today.

Cheers

I'm sorry, but that does not compute, the SC and the BC series go hand in hand. Each compliment eachother and they exist as a whole. And they have a lot in common too.

In game I sometims think I know what I'm doing, and then I get killed for some random reason.. ack!!

Here, on the forums, I think I know what I'm saying but then I get told to siddown and shut it!

See what I mean

It's a great feeling

[ 05-07-2003, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Fractux ]

Im sorry,but i dont RATE people/him (or should i like them iether) in the same way as when i rate a GAME (human=he/she , thing(ex.:game)=IT...see the difference?). Your are saying that if i dont like SC so much as i like his game,then i dont like BC series enaugh? Well,this sounds dictatorship to me.I think you are terribly wrong

Anyway,to rate his work i would rate it as i explained my devotion to his game. If then i must like him verry much aswell,then why this isnt in the manual ? (joke)

Ok,but to conclude this... I think you wanted to say that the game reflects himself (well,kinda weird to immagine SC driving a SL convertible in a SPACE-SUIT ).Thou,maybe i took your comments too literaly

Cheers!

p.s.:Anyway rating something or JUDGING SOMEONE are two different things and arguments.

Cya!

p.p.s.:I wanna get a siddown ,soon!

p.p.p.s.:SC,im sorry about that comment before to LB.wont happen again (t'wasnt verry pollite ).I just woke up ...and u know how things go when u dont have a nice cup of coffe near you...*sheesh*

[ 05-07-2003, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: MindFever ]

Mindfever,IMO this would be a good place for you to stop. Enjoy the game and perhaps wait awhile before drawing any conclusions regarding Derek's character.

I'm not suggesting you have to think like everyone else does, but I can say that these forums are not fertile ground for changing my opnions on Derek Smart. I have read enough of his posts to form an opinion on whether or not I would like him if we ever met( I would and do) and frankly he is last person to curry favor. Translation: take him as he is cause he can live without you. Enjoy the game and welcome to the forums, I hope to see more of you.

Race,

1st of all ,thanks for the warm welcome:)...

i did NOT intend to change your opinions on DEREK.was i saying something that could change this ? I wasnt convincing anybody agains anyone...btw,I enjoy the game,dont worry.

Well,i take him as he is ,offcourse (where did i say something against that?)...I just mentioned i dont like his style, thus ,this doesnt make him a person i will hate or something like that.

And the last thing: where was i talking about his character .Was i trying to change other people's opinions on him or was i changing other people's minds?I spoke for my opinion.

What u said what is fertile or not...i will take this advice as a good one:) I will be more diplomatic than that.

I surely didnt want to put any ghosts from the past in here... you missinterpreted my comments.Cya in space soon! .

Cheers !

quote:

"Translation: take him as he is cause he can live without you."

I dont care. what he says on behalf of myself, is unsignificant to me.Im here because i bought (two times) his game and i like it,and i like this comunity also.PERIOD.Where did i topic that or even cared?He has far more important things to do i think

p.s.:if he is offended by all this,i would gladly debate about this with him.

[ 05-07-2003, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: MindFever ]

quote:

Im .... ,but i dont ...iether).... Your are ..... i dont ..... enaugh? ..... sounds dictatorship ....verry much aswell,....isnt ....Thou,maybe ... siddown ... im ....(t'wasnt verry pollite ....

People PLEASE!!!! Spelling ... Grammar

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

quote:

Im .... ,but i dont ...iether).... Your are ..... i dont ..... enaugh? ..... sounds dictatorship ....verry much aswell,....isnt ....Thou,maybe ... siddown ... im ....(t'wasnt verry pollite ....

People PLEASE!!!! Spelling ... Grammar

LOL!! I was just thinking the same thing

quote:

Well, you'll learn to never take me seriously.

Yes, it was meant to be a joke.

Cheers!

LOL,it would be nice if u told me this BEFORE! Before i got ridiculed from those people WHO DONT UNDERSTAND THAT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE IS NOT ENGLISH.anyway,maybe they DONT KNOW THIS allready. anway,i knew u werent too serious...well,i posted those things in anycase (anybox ?)

quote:

LOL!! I was just thinking the same thing

LOL.do the elementary schools of yours there in USA take 20yrs old guyz from europe wanting to learn spelling grammar properly ? Oh well,i guess ill just be quiet in space... NOT!

Well,at least my speech is NOT bad as my grammar(and not WORSE either).those apostr...apooostr...apostrophes! '` are making my keyboard crazy (im too lazy to type them i guess) and some other things too i just make it short

p.s.:thou=ment to be an easyer version of ...emm...tho...thu...thougehzsf...khhhm,the word that is written in a different way

Did u learn something from that?? No but really,i speak verry well...but my spelling,geez...i make too many "shortcuts" for words...u know what i mean ? Anyway my italian is perfect (not my native lang. either ).Ok ok,ill shutup now...

Cya in few weekz guyz. Yep,u got rid of me...but not for long! HUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolferz:your signature...A Derek Smart Simulation lol. Sim-Smart the Flambe' of noobs I want this game