Missing Thread?

ToxicFrog

Yesterday, I created a thread in BCM/G General Discussions asking about uses of the -cheat flag in 1.08. That thread has now vanished. I don't think it's been deleted, as I have received no notification of such either by mail or on the forum (and I don't see why it would be deleted in the first place). The really weird part is that a search for it finds the thread, but then tells me it doesn't exist.

Can anyone clarify this? Was it simply deleted and I wasn't told? Or is this some sort of bug?

(If you want to try repeating the search from scratch, use words 'cheat', user #4131)

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

it was deleted cause cheats are not supported

SC has already explained the deletion but might I add that just because -cheat isn't supported doesn't mean that a post about it would be deleted out of hand. It does mean, however,

1. Such posts are likely to be mostly ignored by most of the vets other than to remind the poster that cheats aren't supported
  2. That whining in such a thread about the lack of support for cheats would be a marvelous way to get a one way ticket to the airlock.