Web Forum Postings

Supreme Cmdr

OK, which one of you posted #43 here?

I need to caution (especially the n00bs I see now on our forums) against engaging in onling pissing matches with these wankers. Please refrain from doing it. I have learned over the years that not only can you NOT beat them; but by engaging, you end up no worse than they. I have first hand experience in this area, so please, just trust me on this.

If it wasn't any one of you, then the caution still remains. So please bear this in mind when you encounter such rubbish online.

LOL, wow, somebody went off a bit.

You guys need to chill, the SC can take care of himself, much better then any of us can.

He's a big boy, no need to get all pissed off at these stupid idiots. If the SC can ignore them, so can you.

I hope it wasn't anyone from this forum, such language and lack of decorum shows badly on this forum if it was one of us, so I am hoping that it was not one of us. Crossing my fingers...

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

LOL, wow, somebody went off a bit.

You guys need to chill, the SC can take care of himself, much better then any of us can.

He's a big boy, no need to get all pissed off at these stupid idiots. If the SC can ignore them, so can you.

I hope it wasn't anyone from this forum, such language and lack of decorum shows badly on this forum if it was one of us, so I am hoping that it was not one of us. Crossing my fingers...

Exactly. Which is why I created this thread.

I really don't think anyone here posted that.

quote:

ps: I've never owned a DS game. They are not my type but this UC has me all excited and plan on picking it up.

Don't you have to own one of the BC games to register for this forum, anyway?

quote:

Originally posted by Hades:

Don't you have to own one of the BC games to register for this forum, anyway?

Yeah, but I recently disabled the serial number check in order to give inquiring n00bs the ability to register and post questions about UC. Hence the recent influx of n00bs.

Heck I used to get riled up in VE flaming... but once you realize that they regurgitate the same things that are related to the v1.0 release, they are diminished by the fact that the most recent releases of the Battlecruiser series have been widely accepted and approved by most of the gaming community press.

Thus to me, there is far less relevance in even continuing in open flames...

And SC if you don't mind me saying, you've pulled back a lot, and make the other side look even stupider when you don't argue with them as much... it ends up being a bunch of trolls who shoot back and forth, waiting for the magic "say his name 3 times and he'll appear" and eventually die down when you don't.

They are trying to antagonize you... don't know why, maybe it's just old hat internet humor to see who can cause you to lose your temper and call them "gits"

But continue your great work on the games that there are those of us who want/need something complicated and not so 2 dimensional (figuratively speaking) as current multimillion dollar budget titles.

You keep making, and there are those who will keep buying, because there are so many possibilities, that no one else has even come close to simulating such a large living breathing galaxy.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

And SC if you don't mind me saying, you've pulled back a lot, and make the other side look even stupider when you don't argue with them as much... it ends up being a bunch of trolls who shoot back and forth, waiting for the magic "say his name 3 times and he'll appear" and eventually die down when you don't.

They are trying to antagonize you... don't know why, maybe it's just old hat internet humor to see who can cause you to lose your temper and call them "gits"

hehe, its either I'm going soft in my old age, or I just sprouted common sense overnight.

quote:

Originally posted by echo:

What a potty mouth! Could have been stated much nicer, if you ask me.

Indeed

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

quote:

Originally posted by Echo

What a potty mouth!

The old saying "do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" comes to mind rather quickly.

Not impressed with his language any of my kids wrote/spoke like that there would be hell to pay!

SC whats this"sprouted common sense overnight " rubbish? You have sprouted it but it aint been overnight. And furthermore I didn't post no#43 cause I refuse to come to the defense of someone better looking than me(only slightly mind you) who makes more money than me and drives a Mercedes! I just buy the friggin games!

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

SC whats this"sprouted common sense overnight " rubbish? You have sprouted it but it aint been overnight. And furthermore I didn't post no#43 cause I refuse to come to the defense of someone better looking than me(only slightly mind you) who makes more money than me and drives a Mercedes! I just buy the friggin games!

LOL!!!

*sigh*

I gotta gree with Wolferz, where graduating baka's here! (Japanese for IDIOTS!)

Anywho, I don't get involved in petty scabbles not worth my time besides why should I get involved in an arguement where the idiots is just trying to bring me down to his level?

Like a friend of mine said

"Never argue with an idiot, he'll just bring you down to his level and beat you with experience"

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

See?

There's nothing like having a stalker. "and are only here because you found out that I was posting here." Anyway, if this guy SHINGEN plays the game alot he knows what the game can or cannot do reguardless of the what the manual states. So ya just have to deal with the issue as is and plan your strategy accordingly.

Not only that he should have addressed this issue to bring it to your attention long ago. But since you already made an addendum in reguards to this issue you know about it and he just never bothered reading up on addendums.

Oh yeah one more thing if Shingen states "and have lurked in the DC forums for awhile now.. but I only post when I have something to SAY and/or ASK" why is his registered date OCT 2003. Hmmmm.... Unless the names get recycled if not used in some time and ya have to re-register. Just curious....

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

See?

Of all that was said in the link posted above, the most important was, IMHO:

quote:

DSmart[3000AD]:
I think I'll stop posting here.

Whenever BC veterans wander to another forum to answer questions, the possibility exists that the answer to an important question will never find its way to this forum. The noob who pleaded:

quote:

bcnoob:
... please dont stop aswering the others questions.

i just need to know how the game was ....

might just as well be saying, "Everyone who wants answers to Battlecruiser questions, come and read them here."

So, personally, I'm glad the SC has decided against posting there again. If they want answers, they can come to this forum.

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

Oh yeah one more thing if Shingen states "and have lurked in the DC forums for awhile now.. but I only post when I have something to SAY and/or ASK" why is his registered date OCT 2003. Hmmmm.... Unless the names get recycled if not used in some time and ya have to re-register. Just curious....

He's a lying SOB, thats why.

Gee after all these years I've been thinking I'm an adult. And Mr.Nice developer guy who slams Derek and then informs him that NO ONE who plays his games or posts on his forums will buy a BC product, what a maroon! He slams DS for his forum moniker then basically infers HE has so much power none of his customers will buy a BC product cause they are adults? Them folks who drank the Kool-Aid in Guyana were adults too. I guess if Derek is the Supreme Commander Mr. Nice developer guy is the Grand Poobah..All hail!

Not even going to address the comments of that other wanker.

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

Gee after all these years I've been thinking I'm an adult. And Mr.Nice developer guy who slams Derek and then informs him that NO ONE who plays his games or posts on his forums will buy a BC product, what a maroon! He slams DS for his forum moniker then basically infers HE has so much power none of his customers will buy a BC product cause they are adults? Them folks who drank the Kool-Aid in Guyana were adults too. I guess if Derek is the Supreme Commander Mr. Nice developer guy is the Grand Poobah..All hail!

Not even going to address the comments of that other wanker.

Hence the reason I didn't pay any attention to that fool.

quote:

Originally posted by Urza:

Bah, half the people in that thread are fools. I'm surprised you still read it. At least there is someplace where mature individuals can discuss things.

Hence the reason for the jealous temper tantrums on other forums, Due in whole to the fact that they can't come here and spew their anarchistic crapola, which seems to really stick in their craw. I love it!