New Forum Registration Rules

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by demolition:

This makes runing a wing a little harder as im sure some of my members wont be getting the game right off the bat.

Im attemptimg to gain permission to buy the game from my parents but this will take some time....

i wont be getting mine before the second prod run in any case, so are you still going with that known memberts will be allowed to use all forums cause im kinda know i guess

either way, keep up the good work and dont shott me for asking a question im sure several others are going to ask anyways

If you don't have the game, you have no business being in a wing, let alone a fleet.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Kush:

Okay, just so I'm clear on this...

We can re-register on the General forum without the game, to gain access to all other forums we'll need to have bought the game.

I just want to be clear, cause I don't think I'm getting a copy of the game before the 17th, and in case something weird happens with my order, (they misplace my number, they loose it behind a radiator) I would still love to be able to check out the general forum while waiting for my copy.

That is correct

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

Anyway, what I wanted to say is SC is extremly kind in leting the vets who didn't get the game reregister in the owners only forum. Some developer would just say "Look, you had plenty of time, it was no surprise that the game would be out this summer, so if you didn't get it the first time what makes me think that you will get it later. So sorry but no game no registration".

Exactly

I've banned him. Thanks for the headsup Mike.

Going back to Law & Order CI and then UC. You kids better behave.

ps: I'm not going to delete his post because its so laughable, I want others to laugh at the ludicrity of it all and see just WHY I don't cut ANYONE slack. I mean, wtf is that about?

There are people in this forum who do NOT belong here. They, I'm gonna get rid off.

[ 10-07-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Hey SC can you tell us who those people are, or at least tell me how I rank on that list? I know that sometimes I can be harsh and rude, but I try to be civil with my posts and bring up valid concerns.

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

Hey SC can you tell us who those people are, or at least tell me how I rank on that list? I know that sometimes I can be harsh and rude, but I try to be civil with my posts and bring up valid concerns.

Now if he went through and started answering this question for everyone, would anything else ever get done?

Let me put it this way, you've posted over 300 times and you're still posting. What do YOU think?

Well, he could make a list, like from strongest link to weakest link (I'm watching that show too much).

Also, concerning the average age, when was that conducted? We may need to recalculate.

Yeah,well I guess we will find out soon enough. Once the great cleansing passes. Ok, less worry about the forums and more about the game now. I can just picture picking up that box on Sunday, would be much better on Friday though, that way I would have all of the weekend to play it.

quote:

Nova posted on 10-03-2001

How 'bout going UCV? They're cooking up an organization, which has never happened before. Their numbers are limited, so you might want to look into it.

Thanks for promoting us, Nova, shouldn't you be doing that for Orion

quote:

Aramike posted on 10-07-2001

Let me put it this way, you've posted over 300 times and you're still posting. What do YOU think?

Hhhmmm, are the number of posts, the criteria that you and the SC are basing upon, in order to find out who's an established member?

If that's so what's the minimum number of posts required? Gotta start posting more!!!

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Jeffery Eu ]

Two questions: if we don't have the game yet, what is the appropriate procedure for an established member to reregister? And once the game is received/purchase, does the already reregistered established member need to take additional action?

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

Um, SC if someone steals our Nick can we email you and get you to smite them or something?

Yes. Anyone who was first using a nick, will keep the nick. If someone steals your nick (say they re-register before you do), I'll check the old database to verify that the nick is yours. At that point I'll just kill the person's profile so that you can re-register with your nick. They will then have to pick another nick.

As I said before, NOT all of you would need to re-register. The good thing about this place is that between the mods, admins and myself, we know all the oldies, Beta testers etc. So, if you find that you can still logon with your old details (whether you have the game or not), then you weren't purged. Like said, as of now, about 90% of the database will be purged and only the Beta testers, admins, mods and a few known community members who don't fall into either of the above categories, won't be.

However, I am still in two minds how to handle this issue of some people not having the game. As of now, there will be NO exceptions. If you don't have the game (regardless of how long you've been here) and a valid serial number, you won't be allowed into some forums. Again, Beta testers are exempt, since they are getting free copies anyway.

Guest sebastien

Hi all,

i just would like to toss in my two scent.

i've ordered the game about 2 month ago. Since i live in Canada, last time i ordered something for the US (Amazone) it took 2 week for delivery. So please SC allow some time for a few people.

I think the best way to this is since SC is hiring a forum moderator. The moderator could publish some kind of digest of topic (i'm sthinking something in the line Kernel Traffic *for the linux kernel*) and also update the faq. So that way fact (and mostly fact no shit allowed) are available to the common visitor.

Thanx

for Kernel Traffic : http://kt.zork.net/kernel-traffic/latest.html

basseb

Soback :

quote:

I am disapointed and a little confused by the posts of some of the vets here. I see posts saying that some of you will only be able to get their copy of the game on a second run. That would be understandable for a newbie that was kinda caught off guard by when the game will be released and didn't have time to pre-order for the first production run, but for a veteran who knew about the game way back when and had almoust 6 months or more to pre-order that's just wrong. Yes, some of us don't have money, but how long does it take to save up $50 especially when you have a year time? I myself am a student, have bills and no money whatsoever and still managed to pre-order a copy because I know how great the game will be and now I see some posts basically saying that look, we had plenty of time but it slipped. What's going on here?

*ahem*

September 2000 : I get bc3k, plays it and have fun

End of October 2000 : I start visiting 3000ad.com, and find the forum. Don't read often because at first i don't see the interest.

November 2000 : I register, now that I was coming more often and wanted to reply to some stuff.

December 2000 : The time I "really" learn about BCM. Growing interest for thr new thing

February 2001 : I buy myself a new computer (k6-2 500 64mb onboard vid) using a governmental plan... extremely cheap (the cheapest I could find), but better than my p150 32mb 1mb cirrus logic vid. Want to join the beta test. Comp. specs aren't good enough.

End of March 2001 : After a not so long decision time, I join the Orion fleet, just before the academy is created.

April 2001 : The first estimates of the release date are given. I want the game. I need a better computer. Start accumulating money. I'm still in school.

June 2001 : The game is still not out, and I don't have 100cnd gathered yet... I start working by babysitting my sister all summer. Doesn't pay much but it's my first job, and an easy one.

October 2001 : I don't have all the necessary money yet, still babysitting, and getting impatient... Hope to get all my money this month and buy the computer. Then I will accumulate money for the game.

November 2001 (future) I'll probably have the game that month.

quote:

Originally posted by basseb:

Hi all,

i just would like to toss in my two scent.

i've ordered the game about 2 month ago. Since i live in Canada, last time i ordered something for the US (Amazone) it took 2 week for delivery. So please SC allow some time for a few people.

I think the best way to this is since SC is hiring a forum moderator. The moderator could publish some kind of digest of topic (i'm sthinking something in the line Kernel Traffic *for the linux kernel*) and also update the faq. So that way fact (and mostly fact no shit allowed) are available to the common visitor.

Thanx

for Kernel Traffic :
http://kt.zork.net/kernel-traffic/latest.html

basseb

Tell me you didn't order the game from the US. EB has rights to sell it in Canada as well. So, you could have ordered it locally there.

basseb

So we wait a couple of weeks, so what. It's Canada. I'd be more concerned if I was living in Australia or Europe or something. That could be a long wait.

And hey, that's right. You don't have to order it online. Unless you live too far away from an EB. If that's the case, you may find a friendly Canuck here who could help out if they live close by.

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: Kush ]

I'm a beta tester

I was unaware of getting a free copy, after getting my CD i got the unlock code and never got in to the restricted area to talk about the game

So i never posted ther, if you need verification i can pm you the serial # and the unlock key i was given

You're not a Beta tester if (a) you weren't in the program from start to finish (B) you never even got into the forum © didn't participate.

As such, unfortunately, you don't get a free copy

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: ]