New Forum Registration Rules

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sebastien

kush: Thank you very much. I live about 2 hour from Montreal. I dont even know if there is a EB store there. I paid 112$CDN. The only fee left is the importation charge. I guess another 10-15$CDN.

basseb

Demolition:

I think the deal was those who were in the original beta and paid the $15.00 would get a discount on the game upon release. Those who made it beyond the beta purge would obviously get the game for free as they have the final release candidate already I'm sure. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

And as far as that goes, I'm sure Derek has maintained a list of those who paid the $15.00 and are entitled to the promised discount.

quote:

Originally posted by krazor:

Demolition:

I think the deal was those who were in the original beta and paid the $15.00 would get a discount on the game upon release. Those who made it beyond the beta purge would obviously get the game for free as they have the final release candidate already I'm sure. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

And as far as that goes, I'm sure Derek has maintained a list of those who paid the $15.00 and are entitled to the promised discount.

Yep. The discount is $5 off the full price

I have very strong suspicious that Nick Menchise is the real name attached to Fabio aka Shirley aka Jag Uar.

I'm still waiting to hear from a friend of mine who does this kind of stuff for a living, in order to get solid proof. Until then, Nick can no longer post.

I came across a Fabio post today. I've been inspecting the headers of all those aliases and trying to match against the database. In fact, one of them is posting from @home.com, so I just flushed *everyone* on that ISP from the DB (except for those whom I know).

Here is the post from the Usenet, complete with headers. I have colored the entries of interest.

quote:

Path: typhoon.jacksonville.mediaone.net!jxnws01!newsfeed2.skycache.com!newsfeed1.cider

.com!Cidera!news-hog.berkeley.edu!ucberkeley!enews.sgi.com!harbinger.cc.monash.edu.au!newshub1.rd

1 .nsw.optushome.com.au!news1.rivrw1.nsw.optushome.com.au.POSTED!not-for-mail

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim

Subject: Taco Palace Update

Message-ID:

X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.8/32.548

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Lines: 19

Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 20:24:18 GMT

NNTP-Posting-Host: 203.164.63.54

X-Complaints-To:

X-Trace: news1.rivrw1.nsw.optushome.com.au 1002572658
(Tue, 09 Oct 2001 06:24:18 EST)

NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 06:24:18 EST

Organization: @Home Network

Xref: jxnws01 comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim:79238

At the Palace Derek claimed

>Supreme Cmdr

>Tacops Cmdr

>Member # 308

>Member Rated:

> posted 10-08-2001 15:52

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>Just spoke to the production company.

>- box is out of production

>- manual is out of production

>- keyboard template* is out of production

>- macrovision duplication finished

>- packaging should start week of 10/15

One wonders why they are waiting a week to START packaging!

Probably waiting for Derek's cheque to clear!

I did a search on the forum DB and the only person who uses @optushome.com.au as their ISP, is Nick.

Then, I pulled up several of Nick's posts

And came up with the these IP logs

And the fact that SEVERAL messages on the Usenet appear shortly after I post them and/or shortly after Menchise posts, is also highly suspicious.

If anyone has any thoughts, I'd like to hear them.

basseb

Dude...

If there is any way you can get your money back, I'd try it. I know for a fact that there's an EB in Ottawa, if you live nearby, you could snag a copy there and save yourself alot of dough.

And I'd check to see if there's one in Montreal, I don't see why there wouldn't be.

Just tellin you what I'd do.

quote:

If anyone has any thoughts, I'd like to hear them.

Shoot on sight? Kidding. He was an extremely helpful part of the community. Funny. Riga said he gave him rights to use his AW account..... Don't know what to say yet. You can't argue with an IP address, though. Still waiting for a complete investigaton.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

Shoot on sight? Kidding. He was an extremely helpful part of the community. Funny. Riga said he gave him rights to use his AW account..... Don't know what to say yet. You can't argue with an IP address, though. Still waiting for a complete investigaton.

Yes, I just checked his profile in detail. He registered back in 1998.

Frankly, I dunno what to think, which is why I didn't ban him outright. In fact, am going to restore his posting rights, so that at least he can defend himself...or cuss me outright (whichever comes first).

quote:

Whoa weird... no one is listed as the last poster in the GD forums...

Which means post deleted, either by poster, or by Admin.

---

About the Menchise thing. When the first posts of warning came, and SC said that Shirley/Fabio/Jag Uar had an alias here, I had a short-lived pessimistic thought in my head, that one of the active commanders was him. My jaw dropped, even though it's only a suspicion.

---

And a question of curiosity: why do they (Shirley/Fab/Jag in particular) call this place the "Taco Palace"? Is there some sort of story behind it? A simple no would do.

And I'm getting around to replying to those old messages now!

quote:

Posted by Cmdr. Jeffery Eu:

Thanks for promoting us, Nova, shouldn't you be doing that for Orion?

I've been shamelessly promoting Indies and ISS recently, because of their low numbers, and just because I'm a nice guy, Jeffery.

quote:

Yep. The discount is $5 off the full price

--------------------

President, 3000AD

Designer/Lead Developer

The Battlecruiser Series

Hey Derek... Yer allright.

quote:

And a question of curiosity: why do they (Shirley/Fab/Jag in particular) call this place the "Taco Palace"?

That unfortunately is a flame-war side effect stemming from Derek's nick "Supreme Commander". It's been twisted to "Taco Supreme Commander" (Taco Bell reference). The only reason I know this, as Derek knows full well, I have been a Usenet regular/lurker for years. I am not as well known as just about everyone else there, but I am known nonetheless. Derek also knows me as harmless and a long-time BC fan who owns every iteration of the game as well as all the add-ons.. (you know, wall map, printed manual etc) as well as a first-phase beta participant. I am neither a staunch supporter or detractor, just a fan of the game. I am not well-liked by either side... in fact,... Derek probably likes me more than the rest of those guys do! I prefer to sit out the main war and occasionally needle those who need needling. Heh.

Menchise last talked to me about June. He was into Active Worlds and building the structures there. He just went quiet one day but still posted on the forum. I just figured that he gathered I wasn't to enthusiastic about Active Worlds. He has also participated in several debate threads.

Dunno myself. He was in an Insurgent. He participated well. Don't mean a thing. Sigh

I don't know SC, Menchise contributed a great deal to the Active Worlds project me and Epsilon 5 began. As a matter of fact, he is the one who started the AW thread.

He has built many structures and has even been updating recently.

Um, as near as I can tell he has been participating well on the forum, and really has participated with the insurgents. Hell I only want to blast bunnies as a figure of speech not in RL.

For character reference, I like the guy from what I've seen here on the forum. Check with Epsilon 5 and he will probably tell you the same thing. IF it is true that the ip addy's match up, beyond a shadow of a doubt I don't know what to say besides it sure fooled me.

I had many conversations with him on Active Worlds as did Ep5.

SC, I'm glad that you are giving him the benefit of the doubt, but when I saw his name in your post as a suspect I was literally like "no f*cking way!"

Check all his thread replies, unless he is a multiple personality detractoprotracterman then he did a very good job as a spy.

Damn this isn't good any way I look at it...

quote:

Originally posted by krazor:

The only reason I know this, as Derek knows full well, I have been a Usenet regular/lurker for years. I am not as well known as just about everyone else there, but I am known nonetheless. Derek also knows me as harmless and a long-time BC fan who owns every iteration of the game as well as all the add-ons.. (you know, wall map, printed manual etc) as well as a first-phase beta participant. I am neither a staunch supporter or detractor, just a fan of the game. I am not well-liked by either side... in fact,... Derek probably likes me more than the rest of those guys do! I prefer to sit out the main war and occasionally needle those who need needling. Heh.

heh, equal opportunity flamer.