New Forum Registration Rules

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

And if any of you bastards enter anything in there, I'll know from the IP address. Then you'll be hearing from me.

...you don't want to hear from me.

NO, we do not!! We KNOW THIS!! Your reputation is known throughout the galaxy SC!! ROFLMAO!!!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

What does someone under 15 years of age?

They should'nt own a copy of the game. Its rated T.

Or, they could just lie I suppose

quote:

And I think there should be something between "newbie" and "advanced" in the bc experience box.

No! Siddown!

quote:

If someone have less than 8.0 dx? (hey, if this is for tech support, then that could be an issue...)

I hope that person would be you. So I get to lock you out of the site for at least a week. Why? Because you SHOULD know better!

Everyone, even complete and utter gits, knows by now that only DX8 or higher is supported. Which is why your excerpt sounds ludicrous.

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

What does someone under 15 years of age?

They should'nt own a copy of the game. Its rated T.

T for teen. Teen doesn't start at 15, but 13... (Ahhh boy, I'm good at math *pats self on back*)

quote:

Or, they could just lie I suppose

Hmmm.... Or round up. I'm 14 and a little over a half..... It works..... (at least for me)

quote:

What about the MB? I see bios info, but no motherboard brand/model.

If you've built your own PC, you could just write "CUSTOM" in the PC Make/Model, and Follow up with the MoBo brand/model in that box. That's my idea.

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

I ordered all the parts for mine and customized as well...

Anyway, I think that it is a good idea so far, are you using cgi-script to send info in an email?

Also, by serial # I'm supposing it's on the cd case and will also be used to register the product and get past safedisc?

Just wondering at these things...

quote:

T for teen. Teen doesn't start at 15, but 13... (Ahhh boy, I'm good at math *pats self on back*)

Yeah, T = Teen = FIFteen

Don't ask. ESRB have a warped sense of humor

quote:

Also, by serial # I'm supposing it's on the cd case and will also be used to register the product and get past safedisc?

No! Siddown!

see what I mean, folks? I just saw this on that VE thread, posted by Shirley aka Fabio. This is EXACTLY why I'm going to flush the database. I knew they were in here, but there is no way to know what alias he's using because he registered back when registration was not screened.

quote:

So poor little derek is so afraid of people reading all the complaints and problems people will have with BCM that he is going to try and shut out anybody who has not spent their money on BCM by making people register with their BCM number. Good move, we dont want the public seeing how many bugs it has, or how everybody has trouble getting it to work!!!

quote:

So poor little derek is so afraid of people reading all the complaints and problems people will have with BCM that he is going to try and shut out anybody who has not spent their money on BCM by making people register with their BCM number. Good move, we dont want the public seeing how many bugs it has, or how everybody has trouble getting it to work!!!

I do like the idea of at least one open forum with Registration by valid email as has been the norm. Tech support questions should go unanswered or answered with a visit the registered forum.

For the other I just had to tease a bit. Halloween is coming up.

Sorry Urza. You will never be Supreme Commander. Derek will get the page set up and keep it private for a day or so. That way he can register first and Justin the web guy can be #2 again.

Sorry, but he's sneaky that way.

Guest macon de'witt

SC respectfully this is your game and your forum so it's all up too you. That said when I am looking to buy a new game one of the first things I do is look at their forum. I tend to look at the tech suport forum first to see what kind of problems people are having with the software. Then I tend to scan over the other topics to see how involved the comunity is. (a lot of comunity invement means the gamers are happy even if there are bugs). All I as a consumer am looking for is read rights because as you pointed out if I didn't buy the game I don't have anything to say.

Second thing is I do belive you when you say you wont be selling my product registration info to other people. I do fail to see how my profession among other details asked for are VITAL to tech support. Just my 2 cents and if the only thing I will be denied by not filling out the form is tech support I will hapily not complete the form

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: Macon De'Witt ]

quote:

see what I mean, folks? I just saw this on that VE thread, posted by Shirley aka Fabio

I missed all the action last night as I needed an early night. When I left there was only 112 post. But yeah flushing everything out and reregistering when the game comes out is a good idea. I guess you might be able to tell who it is by observing their conduct on this forum board and little traits like typos and grammar style. But then again this will only work for frequent posters, not lurkers.

Aaa-Hem!!! "Uncle Rattler" doesn't always have time, specifically these latter days, doing what he loves doing. I'd spend every waking moment here on the forum helping the newbies and keeping the "Oldies" in line as well. Sorry SC, I've been negligent in this effort. I do, however, venture up here and stay in touch. I guess that makes me kinda worthless at the moment. For that I deeply appologize. I can't change the current situation, although I would in a minute if it were in my power. Glad the SC had the forethought to split Insurgency into multiple fleets and allow us to have separate Fleet Leaders. Now gentlemen, more than ever, Your Fleets need you. I'm just a figure head these days. You Lead your Fleets, so, "Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell Out'ta the Way!".

'Nuff Said!

Macon

I think that's a valid point, but I doubt many people do that. And usually I just use the demo of a game to see how it plays on my configuration.

Here's my 0.02. Have a page with the updated demo's for down load. If you like the game, buy it, then register on the forums.

And if you don't like 3000ad knowing your proffesion, do what most people do when they don't want to give out information that they consider to be too personal... fib. I don't think Derek really cares about what you do for a living, but if you want to impress him, put down President of the United States. It'll give him a kick to see the leader of the free world is checking out Galcom.

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: Kush ]

quote:

I don't think Derek really cares about what you do for a living, but if you want to impress him, put down President of the United States

It's like when they ask for your religion on a form. I normally put something like Jedi or Moon and Sun Occult. So far those nice people on the Census and poll haven't called up to verify this.

On a serious note, I think the reason for these questions is for market research purposes. This will give the indication of what type of people likes this game, what age group and so on. It is rather important to do this so they can make more quality products in the future.

Guest Macon De'Witt

Ok I don't want to spark a debate here, awww hell I guess I do. In my opinion Demos mean precicly squat. In Dereks case he acually plans to release a demo based on his release code so present company excluded. Go ahead an laugh but Im on 56.6 modem so even before I DL a demo I wasnt to see some discusion on the game. Granted I'm shure I can find plenty of BCM bashing sites to get bad info from morons who didn't buy the game...

I don't want to fib on the market research because if Derek writes future games based on the bull shite we type into his registration then we will have a bunch of crappy games. He can ask anything he wants on the reistration form its HIS registration form, but its MY info so if I'm denied tech support because I wont fill out a damn questionare on my gaming habbits so be it ...

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: Macon De'Witt ]

quote:

Originally posted by Macon De'Witt:

SC respectfully this is your game and your forum so it's all up too you. That said when I am looking to buy a new game one of the first things I do is look at their forum. I tend to look at the tech suport forum first to see what kind of problems people are having with the software. Then I tend to scan over the other topics to see how involved the comunity is. (a lot of comunity invement means the gamers are happy even if there are bugs). All I as a consumer am looking for is read rights because as you pointed out if I didn't buy the game I don't have anything to say.

The general discussion forum will be open but still require registration.

If you want access to the tech support forum, buy the game.

If you want to know before hand, go read a review or play the demo.

I am under NO obligation to make my forum open to the public, and thats JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. PERIOD. Regardless of the reasons.

Hopefully, I have made myself clear and as such, don't have to repeat this again.

Besides, if you don't already own a BC title

1. you (not meaning you specifically) have no business being here

2. I didn't develop the game for you. I have ZERO interest in newbies. If they come, fine. If they don't, thats still fine.

3. If you buy the game and you don't like it, it serves you right. Next time, play a demo, read reviews, do the research. I have NO sympathy for ANYONE under these circumstances. NONE. So ANY sentiments in this regard, are LOST on me. 100%

quote:

Second thing is I do belive you when you say you wont be selling my product registration info to other people. I do fail to see how my profession among other details asked for are VITAL to tech support. Just my 2 cents and if the only thing I will be denied by not filling out the form is tech support I will hapily not complete the form

Its simple, they are called demographic and profile info. I want to know who plays my game and why.

Also, if I do a database query to see how many people have admin, ISP, MIS experience etc and then I see college students, unemployed, some kid in high school etc. Take a wild guess who I'm going to be contacting about issues such as security, community development, multiplayer server adminstration etc.

The people you see here as moderators, admin etc. You think I picked them out of a hat or at a lottery?

And, do you send email to other companies who ask the same questions on their reg cards? I thought not.

If you are one of those who doesn't send in their reg cards, I've got news for you. If ANY of those fields is blank, here's what will happen:

1. the form will be deleted

2. you won't get into the site

3. you most definitely will NOT get tech support (return the game if you can - see if I care).

And what other fields, apart from that one, is not relevant or incomplete/inappropriate? The Sex field? Sorry, I forgot to tell Justin to add Transvestite to it. So, apart from these two fields, please tell me which one, in your opinion, is not relevant to tech support.

Joking aside, don't you think I want to know how many female players the game has? In case you didn't know, we DO have several.

quote:

On a serious note, I think the reason for these questions is for market research purposes. This will give the indication of what type of people likes this game, what age group and so on. It is rather important to do this so they can make more quality products in the future.

aw look, you got one up on me and explained it better than I did.

Damn I get busy at work for a couple weeks and the board is changing. See what happens when I am not here on a daily basis. All I know is I don't care if he bans all you bastards as long as I register I can pretty much carry on a convo by myself

MG: Yo MG whats up

MG: Nothin much chillin

MG: Hey I can't launch a shuttle

MG: Lemme get tech support

MG: Tech support here how can I help you?

MG: MG can't launch a shuttle and I don't know how best to help him so that's why I called you

--------------------

On a side note I like SC"s handle

Guest Macon De'Witt

Ok SC the forum issue is dead as far as I’m concerned I put in my 2 cents you said no way, nuff said.

On the registration form issue you asked for my opinion so stand by to be boarded

First things first if you call me a transvestite again I will hit you with my purse!

quote:

3000AD Game Registration

The information is VITAL to us for tech support reasons. If you do not fill out this form with as much info as possible, it will be deleted and all requests for tech support will be rejected. You HAVE been warned.

None of this info has anything remotely to do with tech support let alone being VITAL. As you said its demographics info and as a few people have already pointed out they plan to lie through their teeth.

Last Name

First Name

Sex

Profession

Address

Phone

Reason for buying

Info on how many and what games I play

quote:

3000AD Inc does NOT share your details with ANYONE. This information is for our own records only in order that we may serve you better.

Peachy, your not going to sell the information I already knew that because I’m not going to give it too you

quote:

Its simple, they are called demographic and profile info. I want to know who plays my game and why.

And therefore not VITAL to providing tech support

quote:

The people you see here as moderators, admin etc. You think I picked them out of a hat or at a lottery?

So you want my first and last name and address so you can send me a big fat check WELL that’s something different entirely, but still not VITAL to tech support.

quote:

If you are one of those who doesn't send in their reg cards, I've got news for you. If ANY of those fields is blank, here's what will happen:

1. the form will be deleted

2. you won't get into the site

3. you most definitely will NOT get tech support (return the game if you can - see if I care).

1. So what I didn’t want to fill out the damn thing in the first place

2. You would misss my rapier witt

3. I can live with no tech support. Cutting me off from the community almost assures I won’t be a big fan of yours in the future though I’m still gonna buy BCM and refuse to fill out the form. I will enjoy for a time and then I will hear that the multiplayer module came out and I can’t have it because I refused to give you my sisters bra size and my ATM pin #. At that point I will use the disc as a clay pidgin and call you all sorts of names, but not in YOUR forum! I will have been cast out as leper because I refused to provide you with a copy of my DMV record and my phone number so your friends could call me if they were too drunk to drive home.

Settle down man, after all - there isn't that much on there that you wouldn't tell your friends.

Anyhoo, perhaps it will be funny when "shirley" registers and puts as reason why he/she bought the game is because they just wanted access to the new forum.

Derek, respectfully I don't think this measure will keep them out, they are insane and obsessive enough to pay for BCM just to say they hax0red into your new "secure" forum

although your point would simply be:

SC : "And now that I have your money shirley I am going to ban you... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

And that would be that.

Of course they could lurk... but I doubt that's what they are doing now... as Shirley said on the VE boards - "I can post there"

So I dunno...

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

Settle down man, after all - there isn't that much on there that you wouldn't tell your friends.

Anyhoo, perhaps it will be funny when "shirley" registers and puts as reason why he/she bought the game is because they just wanted access to the new forum.

Derek, respectfully I don't think this measure will keep them out, they are insane and obsessive enough to pay for BCM just to say they hax0red into your new "secure" forum

although your point would simply be:

SC : "And now that I have your money shirley I am going to ban you... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

And that would be that.

Of course they could lurk... but I doubt that's what they are doing now... as Shirley said on the VE boards - "I can post there"

So I dunno...

Yeah, $ilk, but I've got a plan for that...

quote:

And just remember Fendi, Not all lurkers are Bad guys.... some of us just don't talk much

I wasn't directing that on any lurkers here. I was trying to point out that you can pick out certain patterns of Shirley and Bill Huffman. If they don't say anything we can't tell if it's them or not.

quote:

Joking aside, don't you think I want to know how many female players the game has?

That makes two of us.