New Forum Registration Rules

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by krazor:

Hey Derek... Yer allright.

Make sure you have your proof of purchase though. You'll need it.

Once the game starts shipping, I will post instructions on how to order it from BMT (the only place where you can order it from and get the discount, regardless of where in the world you are).

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fine now, it was before the post where I said that. I posted, then I think aramike posted and I clicked the commlink forum graphic and no one was listed as the poster. That was a scare for me after I was reading your post about changing our passwords which caused me to change mine immediately.

Once again I vouch for Menchise as a character reference as he has done nothing I have seen (in regards to this forum and active worlds) to tip me off otherwise. On the contrary he is quite a productive member of our community in both areas.

Still waiting to hear from him first.

quote:

Make sure you have your proof of purchase though. You'll need it.

I no longer have the E-Mail but I do have the credit card statement of course. If that isn't sufficient, $5.00 is no biggie. I'll still buy the game regardless. It's good to know that you are honoring your promise. If you remember, I defended this point on Usenet at the time.

quote:

Originally posted by krazor:

I no longer have the E-Mail but I do have the credit card statement of course. If that isn't sufficient, $5.00 is no biggie. I'll still buy the game regardless. It's good to know that you are honoring your promise. If you remember, I defended this point on Usenet at the time.

I still have the original reg database, so I can just look up your name. Thats proof enough if you ordered the first CDROM from BMT.

Yeah, I remember. And if you remember, I told them to go screw 'emselves and that I was going to do it anyway.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

It's fine now, it was before the post where I said that. I posted, then I think aramike posted and I clicked the commlink forum graphic and no one was listed as the poster. That was a scare for me after I was reading your post about changing our passwords which caused me to change mine immediately.

Once again I vouch for Menchise as a character reference as he has done nothing I have seen (in regards to this forum and active worlds) to tip me off otherwise. On the contrary he is quite a productive member of our community in both areas.

Still waiting to hear from him first.

I know what you're saying, but I tell you, its weird and I, for one, would be surprised.

But then again, a good mole is a good mole.

I'm gonna need some serious convincing, though.

quote:

Originally posted by Steve Schacher:

Ensign?.?.? Shucks!.!.! Busted...

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: Steve Schacher ]

Sorry Steve, in addition to flushing everyone from @home network, I flushed everyone with a vanity email address. I flat out forgot to check each on for known people. Had I seen your name there, I would've skipped it. I have a backup though. Shall I restore it?

I think the reason Menchise has a similar IP as the mole would have is due to geography. I don't think that Menchise is the troll himself, though. That may also explain why the times of the posts are similar.

Nick is in Australia, and we know that one stalker from USENET is also Australian. I really don't think that Nick is the guy himself.

Catch me on ICQ to discuss further if you need to.

quote:

I know what you're saying, but I tell you, its weird and I, for one, would be surprised.

Hmmm, if he's the mole, though, he'd be going about it the wrong way.

Hang on, I've got an idea....

quote:

How about BCM: The Mole, the first on-line, interactive, reality-based game about a game. Think of it!! Who's really whom? We all interact all week long, and then on Sunday night at 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), we VOTE somebody off.

Who will it be? Was that person Jag Uar or Jagu Ar? Menchise or mEnChIsE? It was so long ago... And what about me? Can you really trust someone who knows how to use the word "whom?"

Yes. BCM: The Mole. How deep can the internet go? Register at an ISP near you.

quote:

Shall I restore it?

Uhhhh... Yes Yes Yes Yes.

Seriously,

Yours is the first site I signed up on when I got Internet. I was moving off of my Apple 2 to the PC, mostly so that I could play BC3K but also to get current.

I've since learned about internet anonymity, and used that vanity email as the basis for other vanity emails that reference back to each other so I can have an email trace that infinitely loops back to obsolete ISPs. If it doesn't really protect me, then at least I sleep better at night.

I want to vouch for Menchise also!

I like to think I can smell a troll a mile away, and Menchise is no Troll. I'm positive.

I understand there may be something suspicious happening, but it has nothing to do with him, I'm sure.

If you need convincing, consider my voice added to the fray!

*Nick spends half an hour calming down*

*Nick spends half an hour staring at a blank message field, and calming down some more*

I have looked at SC's evidence. To say the least, it disturbs me. If I wasn't the suspect and I read those findings, I would be suspicious too. That's why I'm not cussing at the SC.

I am confused by the IP logs and how or why they make me look more suspicious.

I don't know how IP logging works, but as far as I know, none of those numbers match my IP address. According to GRC's IP Agent, my address is (203.164.198.240).

If SC believes that it's necessary, I can call Optus@Home Tech Support and follow up on those IP addresses.

I will also be on ICQ for a little while, so if Aramike, Gallion et al want to question me, they can.

Menchise, it's just coincidence perhaps that two of you from the general area of Australia would be on two opposite sides of the Derek Smart Political Spectrum, so don't worry. Derek didn't judge you outright after he had time to think about it, so I'm sure it will be okay. After all, you have ME as a character reference

We'll get it straightened out man.

Relax Nick, a lot of people have vouched for you here, in email and on ICQ.

I am relieved

I'm glad that you understand why the evidence looks highly suspicious.

Nevertheless, am waiting to hear back from my friend, then we'll have concrete evidence.

I suspect it would be a waste of time, but its time well spent.

As you know, over the years, we've booted one or two long time forum members who felt that their tenure gave them carte blanche to mess with and/or disrespect me. As I've said before, I really don't give a shit if someone has been around since I thought up BC, I will boot them from this site.

If I was sure that you were the one, you would've been booted.

Speaking of booting, I have deleted ALL profiles with vanity email addresses. I have restored Steve's original profile. Steve, your new one is deleted, which is why your post shows unregistered. When I restored the previous one, I copied the email+password from the new to the old one. So, you should be able to log back in using the old profile but with the new password. But if you can read this, then you're already in.

There are some known members with vanity emails. In 24hrs I am going to delete those profiles and I will NOT restore them. e.g. Ristar is using hockeymail.com. Gordon is still using Netzero and I just deleted everyone with a Juno vanity email (including Mikel).

ALL of you had sufficient warning. I only restored Steve's profile because I deleted it in error and he's a known member who's been around for like, forever. So, I didn't mind taking the time to dig up the backup from my local server and restore the site copy.

Thats that.

I'll add my voice to support Nick Menchise.

==> I have some info here. On AW there is often a detractor there that names himself "Supreme Cmdr", he's a tourist. One day I was able to track is ip. Here's what I got:

cfw2.sanjs1.ca.excitehome.net.au

I planted a IP tracer in the cmdr village (and you can clearly see it), and i *could* try to scan everyone at a moment Nick Menchise AND "Supreme Cmdr" are there.

The only thing is, one of my friend is the tracer's host, and he haven't done his internet-based tracer yet, so I have to ask him each time, and most of the time I can't contact him.

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

I've been looking a Nick's posts, and I don't believe he would say or do anything like that. Hell, if I found out I did that (I major lapse in judgement), I'd want to hang myself.

Oh, and btw, if you want to speak with me on ICQ, my number is 134248029.

I too would be shocked if it was Menchise. He seems a decent fellow. Hard as it is to form accurate judgements given the anonymous nature of the Internet - I dunno, I think a troll wouldn't be able to hide their true colors for that long, without giving something away by their tone or content. Like what happened with Ent1ty. Menchise doesn't seem to fit the profile, in my most extremely humble opinion...

Besides, without him we wouldn't have those windy political debates between him, Aramike and Jaguar, would we?

quote:

@aol.com a vanity e-mail

Uh oh.....My current ISP is AOL. We are a bit backwards in England in terms of net connection. The choices you got are limited. I chose AOL because it's the only one that can keep me on the net (unmetered) for as long as I want. NTL usually cuts me off after 2 hours in the past.

But don't worry I will be changing my ISP soon back to NTL on Saturday......Cable modem anyone?

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: Fendi ]

quote:

Originally posted by Joel Schultz:

I too would be shocked if it was Menchise. He seems a decent fellow. Hard as it is to form accurate judgements given the anonymous nature of the Internet - I dunno, I think a troll wouldn't be able to hide their true colors for that long, without giving something away by their tone or content. Like what happened with Ent1ty. Menchise doesn't seem to fit the profile, in my most extremely humble opinion...

Besides, without him we wouldn't have those windy political debates between him, Aramike and Jaguar, would we?

Nah. The investigation is complete, its not him.

Sorry Nick!!

Fendi, Soback, I've got AOL. If you're considering it a vanity address, because you can make up to 6 (extra--meaning, other than the master) screen names and delete them and make new ones, then I see. But AOL is an ISP, and well, there you go. (And if AOL was considered a vanity email place, how did you register? Remember? Vanity emails are banned?)

Well, I was actually asking if SC is considering AOL to be vanity or not. I just don't want to be banned. You see, AOL is about 25 bucks, got some nice tricks and pretty simple to use. Other services are either expensive (cable, satelite, ect...) or the ones that provide over modem are just crapy, too many pop ups and such, so I am not changing ISP but would still like to be able to log on these forums.

quote:

Nah. The investigation is complete, its not him.

Sorry Nick!!

Phew!! Wiping my brow, we may not agree politically, but personally I like the guy!!

Sorry Menchise for even thinking it....

Forgive?