Is anyone still using Active Worlds?

Menchise

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hypothesis is demonstrated, if not proven. However, I'm unclear about something: I had built (in Tourist mode) two picture signs of Vorpal and Miz Akuma near the bathhouse, at the corner of the brewery. Those signs are still there, unchanged, but the owner is now listed as "Brother Hood." What's up with that?

I haven't popped into AW in awhile, but just read about this devastation and so I will post what I think. Yes EP5 your hypothesis with the secret base is no doubt correct, since even I after having been there several times, could not find my way back if I tried... hehe

So I doubt a vandal could have gotten it, however, the server originally had tourist buildings from 1999 when we first visited... maybe it was a cleanup, or maybe not. I guess we won't know but thank goodness I had registered my building or I would be having a coronary after a deletion like this...

Well, I will hopefully see some of you in AW, and those who need help just ask me when I am there.

quote:

I had built (in Tourist mode) two picture signs of Vorpal and Miz Akuma near the bathhouse, at the corner of the brewery. Those signs are still there, unchanged, but the owner is now listed as "Brother Hood." What's up with that?

That was me!! lol

I am a member of a group on Active worlds and we have the brotherhood priviledges, did not know they carried over to everywhere in AW.

Liked the pictures, and did not want them to get trashed, so I copied them into my name, and then deleted the tourist copies!! LOL

Sorry, thought it would say Jaguar, but it didn't!!

You know they probably couldve extorted some money out of the guys by just giving notice....

"Register today or I will blow your houses down with my... *grunts and reaches into bag of tricks*... R.A.N.D.O.M. FORMAT ! "

And he would have made some money

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

Liked the pictures, and did not want them to get trashed, so I copied them into my name, and then deleted the tourist copies!!

No prob, chief, good thinking! I'll keep those .jpg URLs alive. The Aramike 'Batman' picture is here if you want to use it too. In good taste, of course!

[ 07-25-2001: Message edited by: pkzip ]

Since no-one has provided me with any suggestions regarding new methods of application for the New Village Directory, I have some good news for New Village builders: My office, application signs and all, is returning to the Village (YAY! ). The signs and basic structure are already in place, and decorations will be coming soon, including a self-portrait I made in Illustrator.

Special thanks to Riga for making it possible.

[ 08-03-2001: Message edited by: Menchise ]

quote:

Well broke down and bought a membership, I love legos!! lol

I'd love to see some more of the commanders join us on Activeworlds, it is fun, I had forgotten how much fun it was to build fascinating things without that little piddling thing called gravity,and how much fun it is to talk to other people while you are doing it.

So, Come on all, come join us on activeworlds!!

heh, quite a few commanders _are_ there, just never at the same time...

(just like me, i'm away for the weekend)

[ 08-03-2001: Message edited by: Riga ]

Am I the only one who thinks that since GCO is going to have all these vast planets, that it would be damn cool to have something like this available in GCO?

Sorry SC, I know it just wouldn't be possible especially from a geometry throughput standpoint... Just ignore me while I daydream!

Hehe, boy it sounds good though. Custom buildings, cities, offices. Meetings in game... and blowing up the complex of a guy you don't like from orbit.

Update: New Village Directory Policy Change.

When I rebuilt my office and installed the application signs for the Directory, I included a notice that only registered buildings (i.e. built by citizens) would be included. This was done to reduce the risk of tourist structures being deleted by malicious visitors (we've had at least one of those in the past).

After seeing the new ISS Headquarters (the first tourist structure to be built after the server cleanup), I realized that there were some tourists out there who were willing to build new and outstanding structures knowing that they may disappear within a month or even a week (tourists structures are deleted eventually). I have decided that as long as those buildings last, I'm going to support them.

The New Village Directory is now taking applications from tourists again.

ISS HQ will be listed in the next update.

Good to see everyone is still doing well... I pop in from time to time.... Add a few polygons, and vanish... hehe. Work has been busy and I am soon going to be back in night classes so will visit when I can.

See you all later

Has anyone else noticed that in the Commanders square, there is a tourist, and he has been sitting there doing his little dance for the last week or so? Not moving, not talking, and not doing anything else, is this someones Bot gone bad?

quote:

Has anyone else noticed that in the Commanders square, there is a tourist, and he has been sitting there doing his little dance for the last week or so? Not moving, not talking, and not doing anything else, is this someones Bot gone bad?

Yep, its mine, and its just recording who visits the place. Should be doing 'nothing' in front of my building, but being lasy it is still there.

I should finish the job it some day (busy busy busy)

Update: New Village Directory Additions and Other Stuff.

The Directory has been updated with three new additions, all of them built by Jerold Keenan: ISS Fleet Mars Regional Training and Command Facility, Commander's Village Hall, and Keenan's new quarters.

Another change to the Directory has been the removal of the Orion Fleet Offices from the listing. The building will remain off the Directory until the structure actually contains some offices.

Finally, my office now has some decent walls, floors, and a roof, not to mention a nice door.

Have fun!