Is anyone still using Active Worlds?

Menchise

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to find better hosting for my pics. I'm gonna d/l the new browser later today and try it out. I've been busy with night classes lately and will get on when I can.

see you guys later

That new 3.2 is pretty darn good, was using 2.2 because 3.1 would lock up my system. But the 3.2 seems to have fixed that problem.

The 3d Models are much better now, and the speed is excellent!! Maybe it's time for a little remodeling!!

UPDATE:

Okay I got bored and went into AW to check things out. I created a new lot next to my observation tower with the promise of another building coming *soon*

Also - the sidewalks behind my buildings were grossly mismeasured, (no offense) so I realigned them (as a tourist) and also realigned the park with the water next to Menchise's building.

Just a reminder : for measurements use a figure of 8 and aligns future construction accordingly. It makes for much less (floating sidewalks) etc.

Think 3d when doing your building. An 8X8 cube is standard, build to that effect.

That's why my stuff is PERFECTLY aligned and measured and looks pretty. hehe

I love perfection...

Well I hope to see more people joining us, and perhaps representatives from other fleets will follow Epsilon 5's lead and build next to his outpost other Galcom outposts, and perhaps some BUNNY facilities... Hell, he already is generating enough power and water for all of Mars with his stations...

• 2 weeks later...

Ep5, your outpost is totally brilliant! Keep it up. I can't wait to list it in the Directory.

Jerold, please don't put ISS recruitment signs on my office wall. I'm an Insurgent, remember? Besides, we get very few visitors, and just about all of them are already in fleets or UCV organizations.

Speaking of Insurgents, I did some cleaning up at my base. Got rid of Comtrack and the Engineering section (wasn't happy with them). They'll be back in another form some time in the future.

Ep5, what's the next issue of CVNN gonna be about?

Hey a registered member... Infact, i am building on land in Mars... But will continue at the end of this month (oct.), when I get my broadband up and runing again.

BTW I like Jerold's recruitment posters all over the city areas, perhaps if we could get representatives for each fleet to put in as much effort as I've seen with him. I mean c'mon he is from one of the most neglected fleets around and he has one of the best bases I've seen. Epsilon 5 I know you have the best, but it's the thought that counts.

I'm remodeling my city block and incorporating what I can with sidewalk. BTW Menchise and everyone I am using "tourist" mode to build around your areas so that you can change to suit your needs.

Well I will see you guys on there sometime hopefully, I just hope that WinXP is friendly to AW...

Development of the Insurgent starbase has been resumed. I have started implementing plans for a Logistix area on the first level of the main building, and an underground Engineering section where Comtrack used to be.

Ep5, your outpost never ceases to amaze me (I just saw the recent additions). Can't wait to see it completed.

ok, I'll upgrade.

btw, if everything goes well (here comes murphy...) I'm ordering my new computer parts TODAY! (I almost said tomorrow check the time)

BTW - one of my friend will host my website (his server comp. (he has 13 comps on his network ) is open almost 24/7) through an IP redirector (epsilon5.dnsalias.net). He doesn't have as much bandwidth as every server on the web (ADSL 120ks down 16ks up) but he's reliable.

Anyone else interested?

[EDIT]

I've been at the outpost and at the village, made some minor updates, and noticed a bunch of ISS recruitment signs around my gateway. To the author (probably Jerold) : Please keep only ONE of them, as that many is getting annoying, and they are a bit "aggressive" since they are all around the Orion gateway to the outpost.

[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]

Ok, there's one thing I must talk about : what do we do of the HUGE cmdr. village headquarters (at the west of GZ)? There's nothing inside and converting it (so that I'm the owner) would be too much work. I could leave it alone, remove a part of it or completely.

I think removing the part at the left of the stairs would be the thing to do. But skrinking the whole building, and keeping it could be feasible too.

Other thing : I've lifted the central square, makes it better somehow. Menchise, I need you to lift your spot by one click... and i think you should hide the window over it.

[/EDIT2]

EP5 how much does your buddy charge for hosting>?

Also I suggest that you attempt to fix or remove buildings which are

A. Incomplete

B. Broken (messed up pictures, no clear design)

I would rather we protect the legacy but we must be reasonable. Lets beautify the region.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

EP5 how much does your buddy charge for hosting>?

Also I suggest that you attempt to fix or remove buildings which are

A. Incomplete

B. Broken (messed up pictures, no clear design)

I would rather we protect the legacy but we must be reasonable. Lets beautify the region.

First, he doesn't charge anything, just don't eat up his hdd space too much (the other day he warned me because my ftp account had 200 megs in it OFP demo and a bunch of mp3s)

Second, yes I've been trying to do that. I tried to contact NL so he can remove the junk (no better word) he have standing in front of pk's place since june 1998, but his email address doesn't exist anymore. I would try to contact Motorhead and Phased too, if I could...

Oh and I need to contact Rattler. He owns a large piece of white "ground" at the SW of the new square.

I'm trying to get rid of the useless junk and free some space for new builders as close as I can to GZ (you know, the whole ISS area was wiped out... a lot of free space.

I think shrinking the HQ would be the best thing to do. I'll do that tomorrow, so I can have 1 or 2 opinions on the subject. Den Dee doesnt care if I destroy it entirely, but I would like to counsel the other builders before.

I concur, we must be careful however not to damage anything of "historical signifigance"

I will be visiting withing the next couple of days to check things out.

quote:

Oh and I need to contact Rattler. He owns a large piece of white "ground" at the SW of the new square.

You mean "my" peice of white ground? Future Home of Chavik.

Used to have the codes but forgot them. Maybe it will come to me.