Is anyone still using Active Worlds?

Menchise

Guest $iLk

Update :

-------------------------------

• $iLk's Bar is now open for business once again.

• 1st floor of New Commander Village Welcome Center structurally complete.

• 2nd floor as well as filling in of rest of first floor shall commence tommorow sometime

On a sadder note - the moron who was attacking our places has forced us to register. he will no longer pose a threat, however the damage was great.

We all stuck together on that mostly and the future of our reign in AW is only at the beginning. I want to welcome on and all to come and visit us at the location of the old commander's village

Thank you and good night.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest $iLk

I am hard at work on the NEW VILLAGE WELCOME CENTER -

I need some ideas though -

what can I put in it?

I have a bar, a club, offices, a hangar bay, what else?

I have room for ideas - considering I believe it is the biggest most complex building so far. Any suggestions?

Guest $iLk

I will add one, I also have to straighten out some of the window and stuff cause they are uneven. Any ideas on stuff to add?

Oh yeah - try touching all the pictures and objects if you have sound, hehe. I have added lots of effects

I just came from active worlds.

Great work at the welcome center.

But as I tried to enter the teleporter to galcomhq I was trapped in an blue wall.

even teleporting to my home (office at delta wing complex) failed.

I'm working on the Orion base, I'll render its location public soon enough.

Oh, and if you see a dog handing near the entrance named [Neo] or [Doggy] it's one of my bots. If I don't greet you, I'm probably somewhere else, but talk and I'll eventually read what you said thru the bot program I'm using. Thorgan, I missed you by 2 mins...

THe Welcome center is getting added to more and more every day - the only problem is that I have very little time and 99.9999999999999999% of the building is going on while I am at work, and less that 3% of my time is spent at work working in AW.... I am thinking of neat effects and stuff to add, and when I do pop in it is usually for a few minutes to add a couple of sounds and maybe a wall or two before I teleport out.

Hopefully I will get my computer messes sorted out ( I just got a 19 inch monitor and Battlecruiser Millenium Demo Two Looks AWSOME!!! Never thought the new monitor would make all the difference.

Got me a 50 X CDROM so that was cool too.

I have spent my time lately tearing apart and rebuilding computers so as to maximize my gaming PC and to take all my sub standard parts and give as a gift to my dad...

Well anyways I will be on AW more often whenever I can - been busy with two jobs still, and hooking my friend up with a girl who happens to be my old best friends ex... hehe... Well later fellas.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

( I just got a 19 inch monitor and Battlecruiser Millenium Demo Two Looks AWSOME!!! Never thought the new monitor would make all the difference.

19 inch...

* Spuzzum drools.

Help me figure out how to pull this off, guys...

We need a large-scale chessboard in there. Given the limited materials set we have to work with, do any of you know if it'd be possible to flip a picture object on its back, or to assign .jpgs to the top surface of an object? Then we could hover over the board and see pictures of the pieces, on the pieces. Build in Tourist mode so that anyone can move the pieces.

Any other ideas about how to accomplish? It would be fun to play through some games in AW. Sure, anyone can go to www.chesslab.com , but as long we're hanging out in there...

Is chess even supported on Mars?

pkzip I have to hand it to you, when it comes to entertainment facilities you have got talent...

Might get you to give me pointers for my bar and club...

UPDATE: New Commanders' Village Wreckage.

It turns out that my buildings were not the only targets.

The vandal that deleted my office and my secret base also deleted every single tourist building in the new village.

All of the buildings created by Keenan, Spuzzum, Jansen, Pkzip, and Mikel were deleted.

Due to the relentless nature of these attacks, I have decided not to rebuild my office (I'm still considering a new secret base).

I have also decided that the Directory will no longer list the coordinates of structures that have been built by tourists.

Speaking of the Directory, I need some suggestions regarding a new method of application (the signs from my office are not coming back).

You know what? He can have it. He's obviously in it for our agravation. No wonder checking this forum for our discontent with the situation. I'm not going to invest in his pleasure any longer. If he wants to wreck something. He'll have to BUILD IT first. AW is fun, but not enough to pay for a membership. Not to me anyway.

Sorry fellas, just my take on this.

OK, guys, this has gotten insane, you need to register in order for this not to happen. And don't feel like this happens just in the commanders village. It happens in all the worlds of AW. A lot of time the servers actually come in and do a clean-up of the servers in order to make more room for actual registered users.

So, it may not be a person that is trying to anger you, but the server doing cleanup. So register and this won't happen....

Yep, there's a whole lot of Nothing where my bathhouse once stood. No idea if the tennis stadium was deleted (had to reinstall AW and don't remember where I built the dang thing). I'm surprised it took this long for my structure(s) to be hit, but it's probably because they are further away from the main square.

Sigh.

I'm not mad, and I'm not sad. Hey, it's a big box of Legos, and subject to many flavors of entropy. Some of the biggest fun I've had in there is just hanging out and talking; four or five of us floating avatars and a couple of Epsilon5's dogbots running underfoot, and you've got a party, realtime. Well okay, but it sure beats an IRC channel. I still encourage anyone in this community to drop in even for just a few minutes someday, you never know who might be there. It's interesting to hold live dialogues with people whom you formerly only knew by reading their posts. And that does not require anyone to

quote:

register

If I become a subscriber in Active Worlds (thinking about it to protect another project in a different universe), I'll really miss the collaborative aspect of the place, when we were all tourists, and helping each other build our places together. /RP Ah, the world was a simpler time back then, in May... /RP

All of the non-AW folks must get tired of seeing this thread constantly alive and bumped. Two things: (a) it's a convenient place for us AW folks to update each other, and (B) it's proximate to anyone in this community who might get interested in it.

Please don't anyone take offense, but: if all you can offer is the motherly "register" lecture, you shouldn't be clicking on this thread, it will only serve to annoy you. I really don't mean for that to sound that harsh, but I think you might be missing the whole point. As in many things in life, participation counts more than sympathy. It's a process, not a product.

quote:

A lot of time the servers actually come in and do a clean-up of the servers in order to make more room for actual registered users.

So, it may not be a person that is trying to anger you, but the server doing cleanup.

Hmm...that would explain a lot of things, like the complete disappearance of every single tourist object in the entire area. It's a good thing that a few builders registered when they did or everything in the new village would have been lost.