HTML in posts enabled? Disabled? Actually both...

Joel Schultz

Um, this is probably a configuration bug, or else a deliberate configuration policy on the part of board Admins. Why is using HTML in a post not enabled in all forums?

For your edification, I did a not-so-quick rundown trying to post a topic in each forum section. The results are below.

Oddly enough (or perhaps not so oddly) most of the forums which have HTML posting disabled are the "new" forums that what I assume became the Rubbish Pit spawned.

HTML disabled

News & Announcements

General Discussions - Gaming

General Discussions - The Arts

General Discussions - Health & Sciences

General Discussions - Technology

General Discussions - Politics & Religion

HTML enabled

General Issues

Video Issues

Sound Issues

Multiplayer Issues

UC General Discussions

BCM/BCM Gold General Discussions

Multiplayer Discussions

Tips, Tricks & Techniques

Newbie Discussions

Fun Stuff

Demo Discussions

Game Builder System, Cheats, Hacks

Role Playing Discussions

BC Legacy Discussions

Community Discussions

General Discussions - The Rubbish Pit

General Fleet Discussions

Prime Fleet

Wraith Fleet

ISS Fleet

Orion Fleet

EarthCom Fleet

Insurgent Fleets

Gammulan Fleets

Misc. Race/Caste Affiliations

No posting permissions and/or ability and/or access rights

In other words, I couldn't test these

Development Discussions

Area 51

Patch News

Forum Archives

I would hazard a guess about a few of them:

Dev Discussions: only certain ppl can post new topics so if that is what you were trying to do, you probably aren't authorized.

A51: If you have access to the forum you can post here.

Patch news: only Derek and MAYBE one or two others(doubt it) can post topics for probaby ovious reasons

Forum Archives: its an archive, not ment for active threads.

of coruse Derek will be along in oh say 6 or 7 hours pr prove me wrong on both accounts.

quote:

Originally posted by Joel Schultz:

Um, this is probably a configuration bug, or else a deliberate configuration policy on the part of board Admins. Why is using HTML in a post not enabled in all forums?

Right after your active brain kicks in, you will realize that those are the new forums and UBB by default has HTML disabled. When I created the new forums I didn't change any configurations. I'll do that later when I find time.

Eclipse:

Yeah, I know that those last forums on my list are not available for the reasons I stated and you reiterated. I just listed them for completeness. (In case you wonder why I did this I ran into the issue in one of the forums and in a spate of boredom/helpfulness and otherwise being too tired to hold a coherent train of thought decided to test all of them).

SC:

As I figured... I guess it was "not so oddly enough" after all; I kind of suspected that UBB may been that way after I looked at the final lists.

Just trying to be helpful...

Anyway, allow me to smack myself with a fish on your behalf.