The state of the forum community

Supreme Cmdr

GREAT JUST GREAT! ... I'm happy that all this 'Site WARS' was ended... I hate when situation come to "hot"... I'm REALY happy that Ep5 restored - he is a good guy. i ALSO HAPPY that Blades return... without him I feel myself lost...

but one stupid question.... what about Humblin? Maybe Supreme Commander will make a Full amnesty for everyone?

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Aleksey Kichigin ]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ep5, sorry , but your last post sounds like a betraying to your friend... to Hamblin... If this words to say SC himself - I agree - its his offence and his opinion and his decision - at last... but you... Hamblin was your friend... If you SO right&good guy - why you don't say it to Humblin personaly before, but doing it only now - when Humblin was beating enough from others? for now its look like "you was extracted from the list of bad guys (if don't say from dust!) and you start to beat your x-friend or a former friend on fatality ONLY by reason - that he still in that list". Somebody else can to say it, but not you, you - who was in similar situation, you - who nammed yourself "friend" to Humblin... I think more correct act in this situation for you was a silence...

Ok, as some other memeber said it's now our duty to MAKE SC take longer vacation (more than two hours!). So, when we get to one week at least, I would like to suggest SC to come to Europe, maybe to Italy (but also Germany would fit for this). And bring your car! Over here you can drive a lot faster than in US. Think about it Derek. (With your car in two hours you could travel almost 300 miles, and we have almost no police on our highways!!!)

See you in space!

Alex, don't feel bad, I was just naming the facts. Hamblin is still my friend (well at least last of my knowledge ), but I gave the facts why Hamblin is gone from this board.

He's still a good guy... to me. And he's been using USS navy ships as nicks on IRC

Oh and SC, don't go too much north, you might end up in from of my house (well block)

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

quote:

Of COURSE I had the laptop on the passenger seat - complete with my Motorola phone and wireless adapter for the laptop modem. But I swear I never opened it....except when I was testing the modem+cell phone connection at the first stop I made for gas.

[RP]

What!!??!!

(whacks the SC)

We told you not to do that! NOW, lead that cheese sandwich DOWN THE HATCH at some other motel or something, and not stuff it in your ears!

[RP]

Still, a pad on the back for not actually checking Commlink with it.

I'm extremely happy to hear this whole event turned out to be much more like a supernova instead of 'the big crunch'. Couldn't keep myself dry either. Not all is lost. Life continues, only in a different form. And shedding off weight from SC's shoulders.

p.s. If you ever do cross the big pond, don't burn that rubber here in the Netherlands. Cops here will nail you for having that detector, sometime next year.

(goes back to adress his own pathetic life)

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Hamblin
is gone for good. He did a personnal attack on Derek, and it's not the first time. He's not hiding it too. And he'd probably do it again if he was given the chance. In fact he does it from time to time on irc and icq...

Yep. And I know about it too. He just didn't know that I knew. The post on HomeLan Fed was just the last straw.

quote:

Originally posted by Paddy Gregory:

Hey SC, the ski season is nearly upon us.

Strap on those Salomens and take to the piste....or are you, God forbid, Snowboarder type?

Ski? Ski? The closest I've ever gotten to skiing is sliding down the wooden banisters in my old house in the UK. And even then, I usually ended up careening through the front door and straight outside. Stupid cousin. Twerp could never get anything right. *g*

Pah! Me on the slopes. You've gotta be kidding me. It'd be like, well, suicide, to get me on the slopes.

Hi all,

I'm away from home right now tending to personal business. My father is very very ill..and it doesn't look good(very serious lung cancer, and complications). I've been really stressed as of late. But I figured I could come here and take a break because I've seen the dedication in this forum, and from the SC. What do I come back to?

Well I know I'm only a noob. But Derek, I really respect you for what you've accomplished, and will continue to achieve. I just recommended BCM to my brother and others because of YOUR DEDICATION. The sim is awesome. But you and its fans are far beyond that in your dedication. I've never seen a community like this one and am very happy to see its still here. I do much more reading on here it seems than acually playing.

Take a break and enjoy life. I've had a similar situation as you and know in some ways how you must feel. I am blind, and am an orientation and mobility instructor...much to the chagrin of many in the field who think that blind people shouldn't do this job.(heh..I really should talk to you about it sometime) Every single day I'm told I can not do this job, and how unsafe it is. But my students are the ones who keep me here. Why? Because they know how dedicated I am to them...and my belief in them is unwavering. Sure they call me tough, hard and #$@#!~ But they know that I believe in them and love them. So though each and everyday is filled with people calling me names sometimes, or telling me how little I am and that I'd never be as good a teacher as them because I am blind I'm still here because of my own personal belief/dedication and my students seeing that leadership come through. "Funny thing about leadership..." I believe one of the posters said in another thread. They say they see that in me. So thats why I'm still here with them. But despite all the naysayers....I DID IT!!!! I'm here ...and I'm not going anywhere. It was hard getting here..and is harder staying here. But I'm not going anywhere. I feel much the same way when looking at you SC. YOU DID IT!!!

Oh well...I'm sorry for rambling. But hey man I just want you to know I respect you for all you have done. Again, sorry for the long post. I do hope you read it. Not sure when I'll be back. But I'll keep checking the forums.

Saint19, maybe I misunderstood, are you blind or just partially-sighted? Maybe it's a difference in interpretation, but over here 'blind' is taken to mean 0% vision. If you are partially-sighted; I really respect that you work in the face of such adversity.

If you are 100% blind, I really, REALLY respect you, but tell me how do you play video games (or read this forum for that matter)?

Anyway, whatever you do, kudos to you, sir.

quote:

Originally posted by Darien Wolfe:

*pokes his nose in and nods to the SC, where in the UK were you Derek?*

I've lived in various places, including Bayswater, Kensington, Wembley, Watford and Brighton (used to work there in the Summer) including being holed up with some chic in Leavesden. Current is Bayswater.

Derek McSmart. LMAO!!!

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Day 2. Still waiting. Whats the hold up? Lost your spellchecker?

SC, Epsilon5 has posted his apology here, in "General Discussions".

Epsilon5, then next time you post a follow-up, please put it in the relative thread, thanks.

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: GREG MILLER ]

quote:

Originally posted by Blades:

Wembley huh? Urghh, I feel for you.

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Blades ]

Wembley is okay as long as it's not Grenwich. Why? The biggest mistake ever is there : Millennium Dome....the reason for the hike in petrol.

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Fendi ]

quote:

Originally posted by Blades:

Wembley huh? Urghh, I feel for you.

Tell me about it. And I lived about 5 mins from the stadium. Getting into and out of my neighborhood during a game, was a b*tch. And going through the back way through streets and streets littered with Indian shops and markets, was no picnic either. Luckily, it was a short stay in that neighborhood since it was an interim home while waiting for the one in Watford to be finished. And going to/from work (I worked over at Seymour street in the city) was no picnic either - especially since I refused to take the train. Edgeware road is a frigging pain coming from Wembley. It still is.

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]