Open letter of thanks to the BC fans....

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! I started that trend! *grin*

As a player in the Battlecruiser universe, and as someone who I'd like to think you know as a staunch supporter, I'd like to thank you for the masterpiece you've created.

We all harp on about the sheer breathtaking range of this game, but there's something else, too. It's so nice to see an original space sim that's not part of a pre-existing franchise. The market's been glutted by games that are either franchised (Star Wars, Star Trek) or sequels (Wing Commander, Freespace, Independence War). To see an indie title that has so many new features it is more a new generation game than a sequel, is unbearably cool.

-GD

I just wanna say thank u Derek for creating the best damn PC game ever made and the best tech support for it. Now I don't have to waste money buying more PC games and constantly upgrading my PC but only for this game and the upcoming BC games. Your website simply is the best.

Thanks SC! Just got my copy a few days ago(pre-ordered back in March)! A masterpiece getting better with every patch! I do so love new patches... It's like Christmas all over again every time!

You are to the computer gaming industry what Apple/Macintosh was to IBM in the late seventies!

Go get 'em Derek, we're with you all the way!

P.S. When ya gonna have stock for us to invest in? We wanna be rich with you in ten years.

Well, got the game today, installed it, patched it. Runned it. Just fooling around in my BC.

Just played a bit and i must say Derek, this game is awesome, incredible, outstanding. Youpppppppiiiiie! You just made a very happy camper!

Now I have to call my drug store, I hope they have alot of wake-up pills!

Roll Up, Roll Up and play return of the lurker!

Oh bugger, now I've gone and blown that lurking record I was working on

On a more serious note, I was reading through the manual when I received BCM earlier this week and was utterly gob smacked to see my name in the list of beta testers. While I am incredibly honoured by this (thanks SC) I must confess to feeling really guilty as even though I tested the game (after a stalled start - thanks again SC) I never seemed to be much help locating or reproducing bugs people were finding (and as a result have a respectably low post count compared to my reg date - free tip, if you want to avoid a frustrated SC dont post unless your sure, and if your sure check it all again anyway and then read the docs! ). So I apologise to any of the other testers who felt they should have been on the list but werent (just cross my name out and write yours in )

ah the karma feels alittle more balanced now

WARLOCK to remove all guilt you must send your copy of BCM to me. When you have done that you will feel like a new man and free of all guilt. This is then followed by re-ordering at BMT Micro. You will be 30 odd quid shorter than you expected but what is the price of your soul h?

This will also mean that I can get my wife a Christmas present this year.

On one of the UK late night gaming shows recently was an interview with the lead developer of Black and White while at a gaming awards show.

He told the reporter (when pressed) the he had made over 10 million pounds (Uk) with that title.

I just hope Derek can do the same.

Now THAT would be a nice little Christmas present

3 days to go and Battlecruiser Millennium will beat Black and White for "longest single stay in ROM drive" of any game ever.

I can't see me taking it out for at least another week.

Thanks SC for such a superb game. One thing though - where are us newsgroup lurkers going to find a decent flamewar any more?

quote:

I just wanted to thank you, the testers and staunch fan base, for the support over the years and your dedication to this series.

YOUR WELCOME!! Though due to the nature, quality, your dedication, and depth of the game this support base doesn't surprise me a bit. Now if you had made something like Windows and generated this kind of support I would wonder what kind of cult you where running.

And thanks for letting me be a beta tester, even though I disappered around May for a bit, it was a GREAT experience... well, there was a time or two there when I screwed up...

I have to chime in here, as a longtime fan and longtime game reviewer.

BCM is an incredible immersive game, and an outstanding example of how to maintain the singular vision of the merge between business and entertainment, for all involved, that has been gone from this business for many years.

Kudos to Mr.Smart for this. We hope he'll be around a long time.

Regards

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: Count_Sessine ]