About Dreamcatcher Forums - Please Read

Supreme Cmdr

"My games cater to a specific audience and that audience is used to reading the manuals for games of this scope."

This is one thing that I mentioned to the guy at EB when I bought the game. He's gonna see lots of people looking at the game for $19.99. I suggested that he warn them that they're gonna be getting A LOT of play time out of it if they have the patience. It's got a high learning curve, but once you learn it, it's more expansive than any game I've ever seen.

That brings me to this point. I sometimes post about stupid small stuff, only because I know that this is your masterpiece, SC, and in an ideal world, it would be perfect. I let you know about the little things that can bring it to perfection, even if it may mean sounding like a whining n00b sometimes. I know those little things still matter to you because of the examples you listed about adding in the one ship just so the box would be accurrate.

I bought BC3000ad v2 and found the only game (or series) that could captivate my mind. I just hope that one day the masses will learn to appreciate games that make them think.

-Gnowor

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Remo Williams

Hehe, where was that pic taken at boss? Looks like E3 from the monitor mounted on the wall in the background; or the hourse races. LOL

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

LMAO!!! What a bunch of lamers they are...and they wonder why 3000AD is run like it is.

Exactly. You missed move of the past few days activities. Some idiot calling himself a Mullah, shows up and cusses everything. We3therman was banned, he came back under another alias, got busted by the mods, and was banned again.

This morning, Cuthbert form the etoychest forum started spewing rubbish on the board. So, true to my threat, the first thing I did this morning was call the DC company president and ask that the UC forums be removed. At the last minute, I decided to keep the tech support forum.

This was the only solution unfortunately as it was just getting out of hand and important information was getting lost.

These fools forget one simple fact. I own this product; and good, bad or ugly, DC are my publishers. As such, they're not bloody likely to side with some stupid net kooks over me - the guy who actually makes them money. I think some of this idiots failed to realize this. They bet. They lost. They can return to Usenet and make as much noise as they want.

In a way im glad it was shut down. That will stop all those lame flamers. I disapear for a week and everyhthing there gets locked. That proves how fast you work SC!

What I don't understand though is why some of those people hate you so much. They go as far as to spew flames, insults, and even stuff that isn't supposto be public. You made a great game, DC is the one to blame for alot of things!

Anyway, I hope shutting down the forms there helps to get those patches done. To argue in a forum is like yelling but nobody will ever be able to hear you as they continue to shout out insults. It's just pointless.

A great game that just keeps getting better.......

THX Again!

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like a few still keep trying to slip into the Dreamcatchers UC tech forum. A new one now called Smokified. He keeps trying and I agree with SC why is he even still on the board.

MFS_INT failed to obtain:RESLIB1A.RES!!!! .

Here's more examples

My game manual has vanished into thin air. Is there a site where I can download one? or this

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a complete save game for Universal Combat?

This was someone called Reno asking for someone's save game files. Why he just doesn't take a deep breath and start again (like I've done with many games I made boo boos on) I'll never know.

Yeah, we think that Smokified person is someone who was previously banned there and has returned under the guise of wanting tech support. Notice how he posted in almost every thread, then insulted me, the mods etc - which resulted in several of his posts being edited, deleted etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It ceases to amaze me how many times IÔÇÖve run into the posts concerning lost cdÔÇÖs, key sheets and the lot. Of course such things happen but even from a probability point of view itÔÇÖs most likely that the individual grabbed a cracked copy off the nearest P2P network. Unless the item was stolen ( then call your insurance agent ) only the owner is to blame. Just be more careful or at least donÔÇÖt ***** about your own demise.

Hmm, UC does take a little more than a mouse and 4 keys to get around. Good luck to those who wouldnÔÇÖt dish out $20 for the game. Lots of comboÔÇÖs to try due to shift, ctrl and alt not to mention what is happening by pressing them anyway.

My compliments and full backing towards SC concerning his policy not to dish out PDF manuals and so forth. He has every right to protect and stand by his intellectual product regardless of the product itself.

MWG

Cadet Trainee

Officers Academy

Galcom, Earth

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

OK, I found
quite amusing.

Umm, I'd like to know why some people insist in posting their opinions in a theme that is for Technical support. The other theme (you must remember it where everything was the wild wild west on dreamcatcher) is where that belongs if it still existed. Oh well, I guess some will still keep trying.

• 8 months later...