When people get banned.....

Supreme Cmdr

Cool! I was right for once! I wonder if he is using another IP or some sort of ip spoof to read this. If he read it now, I'm pretty sure he'd feel stupid.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's possible

I've heard of people who have done that after being banned from her, but SC find's out sooner or later who that person might be

Plus, he did a site wide ban meaning that he'll have a tough time trying to get back to the site, let alone reading these post's

What did he get banned for anyway? I tried searching for any posts by him but I havn't found any.. or course I could have mispelled the name

A fitting end, for such a dishonest, disrespectful, and undiscilplined man.. wait can I call him a man?

Anywho, last I checked he was banned for misconduct and harassment

quote:

Originally posted by Mrxknown:

Now I'm curious, could I use another comp to access the site, if my home comp was banned?

Just ask TSCavliar. I banned his home. Then he logged in from work. I banned that too.

Later, he apologized and I removed both from the ban list and had the web dude remove the sitewide ban (which was imposed without my prior knowledge actually).

Look, I've been doing this for a very long time. I was a programmer before most of you were old enough to hop out of your diapers. Its going to a take helluva lot to shove anything past me.

Wolf57 is never coming back here. I don't care how he does it. He can't possibly work (or go to school) very far from home. His IP seems to be static, but even if he swaps, there can't be that many ISPs within his area with different domain masks. Even if he switches ISPs (why go through all that trouble? I mean, seriously?), there is damn good chance that I'll spot him the first time he posts. And to make sure, I will run my own IP investigation and go from there. Now, if he wants to go through all that trouble (new ISP, new forum name) etc to get back on, thats his problem not mine. No matter how long he evades capture, he will be caught and booted. And if he does get caught again, he will be reported to the FBI's Internet bureau because he would have been guilty of circumventing a site's security protocols in an attempt to disrupt it. We have enough emails, posts, tracked IPs etc to - at the very least - put him a whole world of pain. I'm hoping he pulls that stunt. I truly am. The last two people who tried that, had their ISP kill their accounts in under 48 hrs. ISPs don't fool around with this stuff anymore - especially where security is concerned and on privately run sites.

EDIT: His latest - and pathetic - attempts at sucking up

[ 06-18-2004, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

For a few days he asked me via icq to send him the patch and he behaves the same way as in his mails. No signs of an apology but nice words about a certain known person. It also wasnt done with a simple "no" from me so he bothered me again.

I havent had any problems with him, but the way the talks is like a choleric maniac of some kind. Welcome to my ignore list. In a certain way I feel sorry for him...

He just seems so one sided... he doesn't seem to get it that just saying the same thing over and over and over won't help him here. Besided isn't the 2.0.xx patch a priviledge? What would you do SC if you see him on the private-public servers? (Strange combonation there)...

quote:

he doesn't seem to get it that just saying the same thing over and over and over won't help

He should FIRST consider writing another E-mail to Dreamcatcher,admitting that he was being an ass, and lied about SC and recant his accusations.....Then give it a rest, for awhile(I'd say maybe 5 years?). THEN try to apologize to SC.. but really, I think THAT attempt to cause SC a problem with DreamCatcher, was WAY past the line, and deserves NO regression of punishment.

SUPPOSE for a moment, that he COULD have caused a problem...He would have been screwing with the man's livelyhood(not to mention EVERYONE's benefit from the successful operation of 3000ad), This is crossing the line!! You do NOT even TRY to mess with a man's business!!.... unless, your willing to face the consequence!

Him Messing with 3000AD messes with all of us. Everything he says to dreamcatcher (and dreamcatcher acts on) that effects 3000AD has something that comes around to us.

quote:

Originally posted by street:

but really, I think THAT attempt to cause SC a problem with DreamCatcher, was WAY past the line, and deserves NO regression of punishment.

SUPPOSE for a moment, that he COULD have caused a problem...He would have been screwing with the man's livelyhood(not to mention EVERYONE's benefit from the successful operation of 3000ad), This is crossing the line!! You do NOT even TRY to mess with a man's business!!.... unless, your willing to face the consequence!

Exactly.

I usually forgive and forget, given time. But when someone crosses the line - they get to stay on their side and me on mine. Look at Shingen (who was prevented from posting - he wasn't banned - for some reason or another. Its been so long, I've forgotten what happened.), for many years we were at loggerheads on Usenet, some forums etc. But not ONCE did he disrespect me (at least I don't think he did) to the extent that one would begin to consider as crossing line. Yeah, like most, his jabs and opinions of me [personally] were (and still are) largely meaningless; but he plays my games, enjoys them and at the end of that day, thats ALL I care about.

I don't give a rat's ass if people like me or not. As long as they keep their opinions to themselves and don't harrass me or disrupt my business, I'm fine. After all, I'm not running for office, nor am I in the popularity gaining business. I have a job which - unfortunately for me - just happens to be a hobby I have invested millions and a good portion of my life to. I do it the best I can for the good of those who keep spending money to see me do it. Thats all I care about. Everything else is largely, well, meaningless.

There is a damn good reason why, with all my mistakes and major product failure (BC3K, my very first game), I am still here - several years and five games (some call them all the same game. They can kiss my ass. I didn't ask them to buy them) later. I do what I have to do.

Hoah! (Army equivalent to "Here Here!")

Yeah, it's all about that. I feel that people never gave you a fair chance, and I still read reviews on your newer ones (like UC) and most of them have contained things about how they feel that it is stupid just becuase the SC/3000AD made it.

This is sad, I wish you didn't start out bad. Anyways, I'm getting off topic. Let's hope he has learned his lesson.

With that I now revoke my own right to continue posting on this thread unless another major development in this is released.

This stupid tit, after being banned, sent this.

quote:

Subject: Re: Re: Ban

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:28:06 +1000

Hi,

Im sorry about the way i approached the tech issue which i got banned for. no one was hurt but me, i love this game and ive played it since the very first one came out years ago.

I request that i be allowed back onto the forums and that my cdkey be allowed also.

Im on good behaviour and i wanna get back out there...

Of course, he was told that he wasn't going to be let back in. So, he re-registers as Captain_Loop, then in his sig profile, steals another user's (Meras) product registration profile as his. This was noticed by Gudihl in a now deleted thread which caught my eye this morning.

Of course, I verified with Meras that it was his profile. And after doing some security checks, I discovered that it was the same fool, using different domains and ISPs. I have now deleted and banned all of them.

code:

Also, going by his posts here, he obviously pirated the game, hence the reason he stole Meras's reg profile as his. I checked the registration dB and didn't find ANY entries with ANY of his emails, name etc above.

So admins/mods, please start taking a close look at the profile sigs of new registrants and send me PM if you notice any discrepancies.

Alert: Vigilante Systems Activated

I can't believe that ass actually stole a PROFILE SIG! I can't believe that people would stoop to that level for tech support after STEALING the game!

God, it's just, go buy the damned liscense, then you can have all the Tech Support you want!. I want to play UC so bad that yes, I have though of finding ISOs on the net, but I held myself back because 3000AD and the SC deserve the rewards for making this series possible.

Even though I lack an income, I will continue my attempts and gathering enough loose change to purchase a valid liscense, and see you guys on those servers!

quote:

Originally posted by Freyar:

Hoah! (Army equivalent to "Here Here!")

Yeah, it's all about that. I feel that people never gave you a fair chance, and I still read reviews on your newer ones (like UC) and most of them have contained things about how they feel that it is stupid just becuase the SC/3000AD made it.

This is sad, I wish you didn't start out bad. Anyways, I'm getting off topic. Let's hope he has learned his lesson.

With that I now revoke my own right to continue posting on this thread unless another major development in this is released.

It wasn't his fault. For the (little) i know the publisher of BC3K published the game way before it was finished... if you look around you will find that this fate is less unusual than one would expect. Just think of what i consider a tragedy for RPGs: Lionheart. It should have been a "Fallout in a fantasy world"... but then, suddenly, the publisher decided to make it a Diablo clone... the end result was a marvelously good rpg experience in the first part of the game, and an horrid, sick hack and slash thereafter until the end...

I really do not understand why the publishers don't let the developers do their work... they are the expert in what they do, after all, the publishers need only to give money, and await for them to return when the title sells. And it WOULD sell if everything the developer had time to make everything he wanted to do.

Anyway, as you said, you (and I) are going a bit off-topic... just to say that Mr. Smart didn't "start bad". He was made "starting bad" by some dumbasses.

*bows, then retreats*

This is getting old. The beauty, came from someone (the target of my Ham sandwich gag the other day) whose profile was deleted for non-compliance. Instead creating a new one and reading the instructions, instead, he creates a new profile (below), sends me a nasty PM, creates a (now deleted) thread cussing me AND sends email to boot. Needless to say, he is now on a side wide ban; so he won't be sending anything anywhere. At least not on this domain.

quote:

X-Originating-IP: [63.159.128.251]

X-Originating-Email: [[email protected]]

X-Sender: [email protected]

To:

Subject: Ass!!!

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:53:30 -0400

I wish for the Master Cmdr. to see this with all of his little Keebler Elves. I hope you love the fact that you've lost another customer.......I'll tell everybody the truth...how much your games suck really bad and they're a waste of time. I'll tell them how much their website and forums suck and how boring their games r.

P.S.....Hope Michael Jackson visits you while you sleep

-DR. RUCKUS!!!!

Like, someone trying to boycott Wallmart.

there are ONLY 100,000,000+ people on the web, AND the GAME market alike. HE is REALLY going to make a difference!!.

There is something to be said, of individuals who cut off their nose, to spite their face... Is there ,not?