When people get banned.....

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Both sides of this issue are clear-cut.

#1. Your staff... should have taken care of the

problem rather than blowing off the customer who spent

their money for your benefit.

What did he expect you to do? Write code specifically for him? The Battlecruiser series (as well as any Darek Smart Simulator) is known by the PC community as one of the most complex simulations on the market. He just expected to be coddled but as soon as he started the language and racism act, he forfited all right to technical support. It's not our fault your too stupid to pay attention and learn. RTFM first next time.

quote:

#2. The customer... who feels that he was not served

in a courteous manner should never stoop to the level

of some in our society who represent so few. They

should never go tit-for-tat with someone as well.

(Example: you did this, so we did this, so you did

that and so we did thatetc.) Like two year olds.

I know that this situation got way out of hand and was

not handled, by either party, in a professional

manner. But our side does apologize for our part in

this matter!

And he thinks that it's 3000ad's fault to make the customer happy when all the tools he needs are right there? I mean, my father warned me that the DS Sims were the toughest, but I got it anyway because I wanted a challenge. Now for later e-mail people, listen to these wise words:

Pay attention to others opinions!

If you aren't sure ask someone who has/had played it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at his first email, just look at the tone. So, even though he was told to return it (note his original threat), he still got the tech support responses.

And besides, that error message is a direct indication that the game was installed and/or patched improperly.

[ 07-02-2004, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

a little immature, of me....but, 10 years ago, I would have gone down there, and slapped the sh*t out of daddy,(if it were me and I found out who it was) and NO one woulda been the wiser, as to who or why it happen...lol(I use to be quite radical) PTS can do that to a person...LOL

I guess, there are SOME advantages to growing older

He should have never dropped to rascism though. It is totally out of line there and not even you should have to deal with it...: /

All I can say is "boy, did I open up a can of worms when I found that link"

A little suggestion to Troy Willig: I think it's time for a career change. The piano business has gotten the best of ya. All those ebony issues abound. Maybe just maybe you ought to apply for a job at White Castle which I think suits you to a tee.

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Exactly.

I usually forgive and forget, given time. But when someone crosses the line - they get to stay on their side and me on mine. Look at Shingen (who was prevented from posting - he wasn't banned - for some reason or another. Its been so long, I've forgotten what happened.), for many years we were at loggerheads on Usenet, some forums etc. But not ONCE did he disrespect me (at least I don't think he did) to the extent that one would begin to consider as crossing line. Yeah, like most, his jabs and opinions of me [personally] were (and still are) largely meaningless; but he plays my games, enjoys them and at the end of that day, thats ALL I care about.

I never did quite understand that email you sent saying I could re-reg if'n I wanted. Don't get me wrong, we had our problems, but mostly I think because we're too much alike in that we don't take no crap from anyone, for any reason, whatsoever.

Life is too damn short to stress on stupid sh*t that don't mean nothing at the end of the day.

I was a BC fan before I joined 3000AD. I was a BC fan during my time at 3000AD, and I was a fan of BC during my exile from 3000AD...and I remain a BC fan to this day.

Truthfully..my love for the game has absolutly nothing to do whatsoever with you, usenet or anything else, except the game itself.

If'n I'm banned again for whatever reason, I'll still play the damn game!

quote:

Originally posted by Mrxknown:

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

If'n I'm banned again for whatever reason, I'll still play the damn game!

Yeah, well these people will have a much harder time trying to play the game without patches.

Banning has nothing to do with access to tech support or patches. Being banned just means you can't access the domain and/or forums. You can still send email to tech support and download patches from other mirrors that have them.

AFAIK you can't download only the RC patches that are available only via the product reg page....and that are a most welcome and thanked gift from the SC to his true fans...

I just found this post, I can't believe it.....I just can't believe it. I never would have thought you'd get all that annoying hate mail.

Derek, if it's any consolation, I just love you to pieces..even when you act like a harda$$!

Just my opinion, but Wolf57 sounds like he has multiple personalities. He's insulting and spamming one minute, then nice and asking for a patch.

I agree with Freyar and SC, all he had to do was wait until things cooled down. If he did, even though he would still be banned, mabey he could have recieved the patch from another patch. The harrassment just got him banned from all sites, how intelligent was that

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Stardate:

Just my opinion, but Wolf57 sounds like he has multiple personalities. He's insulting and spamming one minute, then nice and asking for a patch.

I agree with Freyar and SC, all he had to do was wait until things cooled down. If he did, even though he would still be banned, mabey he could have recieved the patch from another patch. The harrassment just got him banned from all sites, how intelligent was that

Not intelligent enough... well... depends on how you look at it. If he wants to have a fifty calibur 12.7mm rifle round pass through his body at supersonic speed... he's perfectly intelligent. Although I don't see the point in attacting someone to fire on you from two miles away with a hi power barret sniper rifle. Although I'd be HAPPY to oblige him.

Let's go tactical and keeping with rusky stuff I'll choose a 9X39 HPBT round..... no damage to anything that doesn't get a direct hit... ....plus can be silenced without worrying of the supersonic crack...this ammo is subsonic...

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Enough already guys.

Aye Sir, you're right...we lte this get out of our hands...

[ 08-01-2004, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: DennyMala ]