Forum Hacked?

Supreme Cmdr

Someone - somehow - hacked into the forum and deleted the memberslist.cgi file which contains all the forum members. So, most of you won't be able to login.

We are currently investigating and checking the site logs with the help of our ISP to figure when the breach occured and who it was that deleted that file.

In the meantime, I have disabled registrations and restored a backup of that file. If you find that you can no longer login to the site to post, then you have to wait until this is sorted out.

[ 11-28-2005, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Pugwash:

I don't think the forum was Hacked

So what happened last night?

Well around 8pm (my time) After reading a few e-mails and visiting 2 forums from what I read I finally made the decision it was time to leave the BC community .

So I logged into the CP

Went to member management and performed a search for username Pugwash and Login name Pugwash.

As expected 1 result was returned

I ticked the selection box and selected Delete from the action to perform combo box and performed the action.

On the confirm paged I confirmed I did want to delete.

The result was 1 profile deleted.

But I was not kicked out of the CP as expected.

So I open my profile and delete from within but this time the CP reply is I cannot delete myself.

At which point I give up and go to bed.

I checked with Dysdns and as the last update for my IP was earlier Monday night my IP address was probably 82.47.184.189 so if this was the offending IP for the hack
no hack took place

I just loved reading the posts in this thread.

I'm gone.

Dunno what you're talking about; but I don't see how deleting one profile, could result in the entire file being deleted. Read this.

However, since you're in the UK, your 8pm time stamp probably coincides with the time I was sent email about this mishap.

• 2 weeks later...

So, are forum registrations re-enabled? There is a guy wanting to join our fleet (we met him on the servers) who is having problems registering as a new user here.