Alt+tab in game to read manual

Papi

This may be obvious to many of you, but since the question seems to rise up from time to time, I thought it might help few of you who want to read the manual in between the on going situation (without printed manual). All you have to do is leave to MAIN MENU, COMLINK COMPUTER, TACTICAL COMPUTER, MISCON, or any other menus in game and alt+tab there and then go read the manual in windows. It works for me anyways.

------------------

Cmdr Jason Cloud

GCV Silver Lining

It may work, but for the record, anybody who reads this shouldn't come crying for help if the game starts acting a bit wierd after doing so.. probably the worst that could happen is some graphics corruption, and of course the best being nothing at all, but Dos and dos/semi-dos based programs don't take kindly to being minimized and shoved out of the way smile.gif Just a quick warning. If it works for you, great!

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Security Patrol, Pre-commissioning Detail, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"I took this job because I just really love to blow sh*t up!"

Ver2.09 3dfx Monster 3D PII 233mhz

Speaking of multi-tasking I enjoy cleaning up the universe to the tune of my MP3s. I've disabled midi music on the config screen and run winamp prior to Bc3k.

I spent many hours toiling on the bridge to the tune of AC/DC and Prodigy. I've never had and game or grafix glitches yet.

Just set up your playlist and volume in advance (vol aprox 10%) you can still hear all of the game voices and effects. You shouldn't have to Alt-Tab switch out of the game this way. Get ready to ROCK the universe.

A little off topic mabey, but a neat procejure nonetheless.....

Also thanks everybody for all of the helpfull chatter. I've learned ALOT by just lurking and reading your posts:-)

Time to head off to the Trenis System....

• 1 year later...

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

I tend to have freeze-ups when exiting and returning to the game (as well as an ugly mix of colors jumbled together)

I think this depends on how the game can handle that pause and perhaps more importantly, how your graphics card handles it. I have an ati rage pro lt (or whatever) which is a shitty slow 3d-acc, but it handles alt-tab as good as anything.

(Oh, and it usually shows me your shadows through the hill between us Esp. lovable in games like battlezone 2. )

BC3k - alttabbing works great.

BCM (the demo) - seems like the game quits when put in the background, so here it's the game that breaks alttabbing. Oh well, I can live with that. I think