Quick Cash in a Bind (Requires Playmod)

Guest aramike01

Guest aramike01

It's been awhile since anyone came up with a new tip so I figured I may provide. This tip will get you cash without forcing you to decipher the Playmod language included.

• First, make sure you have the Playmod unzipped and ready to go in your BC3K folder. If not, you can find it here.

• Now, I can't quite recall if Mod 3 is included with the Playmod itself when you download. If it isn't, just go to the link provided above and download and unzip into your BC3K folder.

• Enter the game (player profile) in which you need the cash. New games (profiles) work just as well.

• Quit all the way back to windows. Note that your entering and exiting the game activated that profile and as such, you can continue that particular profile simply by selecting Continue on the BC3K Main Menu. Also note that in order to execute this trick for quick cash, it's helpful to be near a friendly or neutral starstation when you exit the game.

• Go into your BC3K folder and double click on Playmod3.bat.

• Continue the game and dock with the nearest friendly or neutral starstation.

• Proceed to the CENTCOM and sell off all your Spare Parts. I find that some good $$$ comes from those dang RCUs (Radiation Control Units).

• Launch and repeat the process (Don't download Mods again!)

Everytime you activate the Mod, you restock your BC with spare parts hence, you can do this until your wallet swells with dead presidents. This trick also works with Mod 2. Or, if you want, you can edit one of the Mod's .CMD files to your heart's content using the Playmod text file as a guide however, I've found this to be much easier.

Well, I hope someone benefits from this as much as I have!!! biggrin.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

[This message has been edited by aramike01 (edited 05-29-2000).]

Guest Cmdr Josh Dilvorn

Not a bad tip aramike, but if you're cheating anyway, why not just give yourself the cash? It would save a lot of messing about.

Then one could go spend this 'hard earned cash' *cough* on the most devastating OTS weapons and then go nuke the nearest Insurgent starbase. Now that's what I call fun! *wicked grin*

------------------

Commander Josh Dilvorn

GCV Conquest ISS06

Defense Wing Commander - ISS Fleet

ISS Homepage GCV Conquest Home

"Honour is what no man can give you, and no man can take away"

[This message has been edited by Cmdr Josh Dilvorn (edited 05-29-2000).]

IMO if one is gonna cheat then one should go all the way and do it correctly. No need to half-ass or puss-foot around eek.gif

• Start Playmod.

• set inventory 58 1000 - Iridium

• set inventory 67 10000 - Plutonium

• set inventory 71 25000 - Radine

• set inventory 136 1500 - Defelector Arrays; best cargo space to profit ratio IMO.

• set inventory 306 150 - ODS Grazer Cargo Bay 1, 10 CUs per ODS.

For the really adventurous....

• set officer 1 (1-8 are the MO, RE, CE, etc.) intelligence XX - replace XXwith the value ye wants. Yes one could use the set cheat to 1 but I have experience abnormalities as the gametime increases.

• set shuttle X (where X = 0-3; SH1-SH4) inventory 277 80 - Vagrants; Thinking of Tac on this one smile.gif

• set shuttle X (where X = 0-3; SH1-SH4) inventory 272 400 - Questors

• [cntrl + z] then press [enter]

Sell off the ODSs and Deflector Arrays. This is enough goodies to get the cash needed to play the game (FF, ACM, etc.) without worryin' where the next Galcred is coming from IMO.

If one is going to adjust the amount of Galcreds they have - DO NOT increase Galcred amount above 2,000,000,000. In practice - I would not recommend selecting Galcred amount above 1,000,000,000.

TTFN and remember - cheaters always prosper biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 05-30-2000).]

As aramike stated, his method is a simpler way to get some cash. For those people who are intimidated by command line operations, this is an effective (but sloooow) way of getting them big bucks.

Hm! Vagrants on the shuttles! I never thought of that! Of course, why bother with missiles at all when you have the Trans-Matrix cloak and PAD? smile.gif

After all, if your going to cheat, you might as well go all the way. biggrin.gif

quote:

TTFN and remember - cheaters always prosper

Heh, dunno. I still get the impression that playmod does bad things to saved games, causing problems I have yet to experience without using playmod. Well, OTOH it (playmod) is kinda unsupported, isn't it? smile.gif

Thomas (a.k.a. Gudihl)

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

Guest aramike01

Nah, you guys (some of you) have got it wrong. This is intended to give a few extra dollars in a bind, not increase your funding to astronomical levels. wink.gif You see, I decided to goof around with the playmod for a bit and see what I could do with it while keeping the main challenges of the game intact. Simply put, I ran out of dough at a critical time and decided to "ease" my way out of it, rather than become the Bill Gates of 3000AD. biggrin.gif

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

Guest aramike01

Upon taking a closer look at the Playmod docs, I suppose it really isn't too difficult to "alter" your funding. On the other hand, SC, I stayed away from using command lines because of this:

quote:

Most of these are extremely dangerous and can invalidate your profile if used incorrectly. You've been warned.

I've made a habit of not screwing with your toy, SC...so far. biggrin.gif

Next stop, GBS!

Btw, whatever happened to that GUI you guys were talking about awhile ago?

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

...I guess you guys forgot my pipe dream warning back then? I told you that it couldn't be done and anyone attempting it would need brain surgery. Glad to see I was right. If the GBS was meant to have a GUI, I would put one in. biggrin.gif

One one hand, GBS is much too complex to be put in an easy-to-use GUI, on the other hand it is not that hard to learn if you have some good example scripts at hand.

And now...

... guess who provided some outstanding example scripts just for our pleasure in the download section of this site? wink.gif

(Hint: you can read one of his posts right above.)

Well, okay, they are not exactly "example" scripts, but they should fulfill this role very well. You may want to click here to get them.

Thomas (a.k.a. Gudihl)

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series