"Don't try this at home, really. . . ."

Tyrn

I had just given all shuttles waypoint orders to collect drones from the surface when a warmonger decided to show me how quickly ramming another ship can cause a reactor breach. After cleaning up the warmonger, shuttle 1 launched and headed for the surface. I countered the orders and issued tow BC orderts to the shuttle. As soon as the shuttle engaged its tractor beam, it issued a RTB to the nearest Ter/Mil starstation. I jumped over to the shuttle and sure enough, my BC no longer showed anywhere on the scope. Jumping back to the BC, I could see the shuttle with no problem.

The same thing happened when I issued cargosweep orders to a shuttle and then issued a tow BC order. If you're going to tow your BC, make sure your shuttle does not have any collect orders or it will desert you.

I would rate this right up with forgetting to shut down launch control when a bunch of freeloading hitch-hikers beam aboard to joy ride in one of the shuttles except that I can still switch to an AWOL shuttle's computer console and issue "Evac" orders remotely. That's the last time I hire cut rate Flight Engineers, I can guarantee that!

------------------

Randolf Carter

Commander - UCV Kadath