psssst!!!

Supreme Cmdr

I activated invinciblity mode in the 1.0.01 interim patch.

Edit the shortcut to bcm.exe and add /i to it and start a new game. None of your assets will be injured in combat.

Cheats are for whimps, but there you have it.

Cheats are UNSUPPORTED

I don't think there is to power up the ship after hitting the water. Try this. Leave one of your shutles in space. Go down to the planet in your CC, land on water, then order the shuttle to tow in into space. Maybe then you can fix whatever is damaged and restart. I don't like taking CC into the planets atmosphere (learned my lesson). I do it VERY rarely. Always before you do that, SAVE, and then exercise extreeme caution near water.

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

I don't think there is to power up the ship after hitting the water. Try this. Leave one of your shutles in space. Go down to the planet in your CC, land on water, then order the shuttle to tow in into space. Maybe then you can fix whatever is damaged and restart. I don't like taking CC into the planets atmosphere (learned my lesson). I do it VERY rarely. Always before you do that, SAVE, and then exercise extreeme caution near water.

Yep. And sometimes due to the various land masses, you could see what looks like land, but is really shallow water. Then you go an land (because it looks solid) and.....well, you get the idea. Its happened to me so many times, that I've lost count. So now what I do is go to a very low altitude, thruster to 0, a/p in HALT mode, then I tranport myself to the planet right next to the ship. And if its shallow I end up in it, well, thats why I can swim.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

Hm.. I never needed invincibility... So chief, what's the ETA on PlayMOD?

Dunno. Will check with Andrei. I asked him to port my version to the true BCM variation and to rip out all obsolete BC3K related stuff.

.....and haven't heard from him since. Not that I expected to - its close to a major re-write.

The current version (used in the Beta program) does work because I had done some minimal porting. But in order to alleviate any profile corruption (notwithstanding the fact it is unsupported), I decided to play it safe and have it overhauled (like I'm currently doing with the GBS-II tools).

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Melanie650

I'm trying to add /i to the shortcut where it says Target but it keeps on telling me to double check the line cause it's not a valid path. The full path reads

Target: "C:Program FilesBattlecruiser Millenniumbcm.exe /i"

Yes. Outside the quotes. So it should look like this:

"C:Program FilesBattlecruiser Millenniumbcm.exe" -i

If you also use another command line param, you'll also put these outside the quotes.

"D:Programs3000ADBattlecruiser Millenniumbcm.exe" -n -nd1 -nd2

(This one is the one in my shortcut. Yep, I installed into a custom directory.)