Anyone have tips in handling intruders?

Guest Melanie650

Guest Melanie650

Those guys keep boarding my ship and destroying everything lol! I had 40 marines looking for em and they still managed to destroy my weapons bay 1 and my mine bay. I wish my shields being up prevented these guys from boarding.

Cut power to launch control, set marines to search. That's about all you can do if you are in middle of nowhere.

If you are near a station - dock with it.

That clears them off.

Docking with a station while you have active intruders on board will only put them in your Detention Hold. The station sends over a compliment of intruder busters to lock them up for you.

Leaving the station and redocking will transfer the prisoners from the Brig. "Et voie la" Intruders gone.

Well, officers and pilots are the only others who carry weapons on the ship besides marines... BTW .. shouldnt disableing power to the transporter keep intruders from boarding? because of pg 59 of the manual it says they have to break your transporter security codes... Well, why not just simply turn the transporter off?

That's a good thought Carl... also I was playing as an Explorer and didn't stand a chance with boarding party. Best thing to do is dock with stations I guess but perhaps SC could decrease likelyhood of a boarding of non-combatant ships.

quote:

Originally posted by Carl Burning:

Well, officers and pilots are the only others who carry weapons on the ship besides marines... BTW .. shouldnt disableing power to the transporter keep intruders from boarding? because of pg 59 of the manual it says they have to break your transporter security codes... Well, why not just simply turn the transporter off?

Because they don't use YOUR transporter. They use theirs. Their breaching the security codes pertains to them fiddling with and breaching the phased trans matrix modular whotzit in order to actually be able to beam to your ship. Nothing to do with the functionality of your transporters.

Yeah, thats my story and am sticking to it.

FWIW, at one time I thought about changing it so that they couldn't board if your transporter was off. But where's the fun in that?

I'd have to come up with something for transports without marines.

quote:

I'd have to come up with something for transports without marines.

Well, if you are entertaining ideas on the subject, I was thinking of new class of crewmember called security. Basically marines in function but make them non-deployable, and perhaps less eficient in combat. They're just glorified security guards. this would allow a civillian player to partake in the "fun" of a boarding action, without, hopefully, mucking around to much with the balance and innards of the rest of the game.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

breaching the phased trans matrix modular whotzit

LOL. Too funny.

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: Soback ]

Just got my copy, the poor EB cashier had to dry the drool in order to scan the bar code thingy.

"I'd have to come up with something for transports without marines"

"I already settled for just not allowing intruders to board unarmed transports."

Aw too bad. It would be fun to be able to force an unarmed transport captains with a SCAT barrel on their heads instead of an IOD up their engines. =P I really liked the sec. guard idea. Maybe for GCO

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Because they don't use YOUR transporter. They use theirs. Their breaching the security codes pertains to them fiddling with and breaching the phased trans matrix modular whotzit in order to actually be able to beam to your ship. Nothing to do with the functionality of your transporters.

Nice! I was right! My cousin was over yesterday for Thanksgiving and I showed him the game, and he asked me that very question. I told him the first thing that popped into my head and was logical, and that was exactly it (well, maybe I worded it a little differently, but you get the idea).

And now I have proof to rub in his face and show him that I'm right! hehe...

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: Ancharon ]

Note to the rest of the gameboard: your Commander AE does NOT equal a Marine. I got fed up with my cowardly marines fleeing after receiving minor flesh wounds (LF 8% means you're still ALIVE soldier! Get BACK THERE!) Anyway, one intruder was holed up in a Shuttle craft, so I sent my AE after him, was kicking *** for the first couple of minutes, then I got cocky and figured I could handle em, so I was gonna turn on power to launch control to dump his sorry carcass out the airlock personally, anyway, couple of seconds later, the Dear John message says my commander was taken captive aboard a shuttle and listed as MIA, game over! He must've gained the upper hand while I was radioing the CE to turn on the launch power. SC please make the intruders fight honorably!

quote:

Originally posted by Vandal:

Note to the rest of the gameboard: your Commander AE does NOT equal a Marine. I got fed up with my cowardly marines fleeing after receiving minor flesh wounds (LF 8% means you're still ALIVE soldier! Get BACK THERE!) Anyway, one intruder was holed up in a Shuttle craft, so I sent my AE after him, was kicking *** for the first couple of minutes, then I got cocky and figured I could handle em, so I was gonna turn on power to launch control to dump his sorry carcass out the airlock personally, anyway, couple of seconds later, the Dear John message says my commander was taken captive aboard a shuttle and listed as MIA, game over! He must've gained the upper hand while I was radioing the CE to turn on the launch power. SC please make the intruders fight honorably!

LOL!!! Like the manual says, NEVER let your AE get in harm's way. He's not James T. Kirk you know.

I'd like to see an option where you could turn off/on the intruders for every ship not just the unarmed ones. Everytime I undock from the station I have 4 or 5 of those intruder SOB's popping up on my ship, they must be hiding in the rafters becuase there isn't even a enemy ship in site. It would be nice if the Shields kept them out because lord knows my marines can't. I turn off the power to the transporter the launch control and I turn on the cloaking device and still I have intruders trashing my ship and wiping out my marines. Either these intruders are real good or my marines were trained by the Taliban.lol

Something to think about, On/Off Toggle switch.

Yeah, I agree. Why don't we get the ability to turn on/off ships attacking you. Maybe on/off for laser fire causing damage. How about an on/off for flux fields ending in black holes. Danger and surprise is a large part of BCM, go play "Barney goes to Africa" if you want a nice safe and loving game.