Radine Hunters

Baloogan

quote:

Originally posted by Sadistic:

Does it regen though SC? Just curious.

I have a wild hunch that it does. I don't think that, with the planets being so incredibly massive, Derek programmed each deposit individually. My guess is that the percentage of minerals automatically generates itself each time planetfall is made.

quote:

Originally posted by Captain Dread:

Hey, when your time is up and you have to retire, will there be an option to start a new game in the same world you retired from? That way all of your hard work capturing enemy starstations and making them your own won't be wasted.

Yeah, but you yourself wil probably be so old and slow that when the CO says "MARINES ENGAGED IN COMBAT ON DECK 3" a minute later you will say "WHAT DID THAT GENTLEMAN SAY?"

But you can always leave the save game for your kids to finish.

Err... The game is in real time... You start out at age 35 and you retire at 65... That means you can play for 30 years.... 30 YEARS!!! I think by then you wont care for BC:M because you will have fallen for the next bc title a while back and left bcm to collect dust

I'll make a pre-emptive answer to the next question Sadistic (or another newbie reading the thread) is going to ask.

To replace the lost asset, you go to the Tactical Computer -> (FC/SC/OC) -> (Asset Number), and it should say something like:

(Interceptor/Shuttle/ATV/so on) Destroyed

(Replacement/No Replacement) Available

If there's a replacement available, there should be a button to click that says Replace Asset or something of hte like.

Uh, I'm writing this up by memory, so the above might be a bit incorrect, but if you fill in the blanks and make some educated guesses, you should figure it out.

Nova, over and out.

quote:

To replace the lost asset, you go to the Tactical Computer -> (FC/SC/OC) -> (Asset Number), and it should say something like:

Better yet, read the middle of page 38 of the manual.

Sadistic, you should RTFM

TTFN

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: Gallion ]

LOL, this is way too funny. I know exactly why people don't read the manual. All the games out on the market are like this, if you played one starcraft type game, you can play red alert, and other build/gather resources/attack type games without even opening up a manual, if you play one RPG game, you can play others without reading the manual. But BCM is actually different, you can tell because people have no idea from other games how to do this or that, just because you can't do any of this stuff in other games.

So reading the manual is such an oddity that instead of cranking it up and getting their answer the easy way, they actually log online, post and then sit and wait for the answer. LOL, I just can't stop laughing.

What's even funnier is they actually take the time to register on the website in order to post questions that we tell them the answer is in the manual for. I know I haven't been here long, but at least when I registered I did it cause I wanted to share a War Story and not to ask any of the following:

1. How do I use Tacops?

2. Why won't any of my craft launch? I had an intruder warning 15 minutes ago, and now none of my craft will work.

3. Why after a battle are all my screens saying "Malfunction"?

4. Why is it that if I beam into a Terran/Insurgent base, I die?

5. How do I fly a fighter?

6. How do I fly a shuttle?

7. How do I trade?

8. This game sucks! The jumpgate is 200000 away, and I move too slow!

9. How do I use mining drones?

10. How do I use shields?

Please, people, continue adding on to this. Or maybe we should start a new thread: "The Stupidest Newbie Questions"

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

LOL, this is way too funny. I know exactly why people don't read the manual. All the games out on the market are like this, if you played one starcraft type game, you can play red alert, and other build/gather resources/attack type games without even opening up a manual, if you play one RPG game, you can play others without reading the manual. But BCM is actually different, you can tell because people have no idea from other games how to do this or that, just because you can't do any of this stuff in other games.

100% correct