Questions about Artifacts

Guest Melanie650

I have a MK1. 15 mins out of the gate my Research officer tells me that she has installed the JAC, Cel Orb, IOD Array. I never bought these items. Is she lying or do ya'll think they really got installed. I never bought them nor are they in my cargo bay.

K crew appendix for RE said :

Tasks AI

Celestial Orb 50

Just Another Cyborg, J.A.C 85

Phased Array IOD 85

Artifact appendix said that

Orb, JAC and Phased IOD dont need any AI to operate. but RANDOM,HSD,ENM,TMCD, need AI req, to run,

I put those 3 artifacts on my cruiser (questar)

Orb and Jack and Phased IOD.

ORB and JAC dont do anything couse i dont have RE on board. But Phased IOD starts wroking when i stick it in caro bay. even tho i should have RE at AI 85. And i dont have RE.

there is a conflict between what docs say and what game does.

If cruisers and trasports dont have RE that means no artifacts for us indies. If carriers get all the advatages Fighters, lot of crew, all artifacts why whould anyone fly any other kind of ships in MP when one has all advantages and others have few.?

If carriers had TA shild, RANDOM, TMCD, HSD to protect them since they rely on fighters mostly. And for cruisers Phased IOD, Jac,Orb, since they rely on their own fire power and luck in crew numbers when it comes to intruders.

ENM Jac and Orb would be vital for Transports since they dont really have anything to defend themselfs with. This way u'd think who do u want to play and what artifacts u will be able to use and no one will be all mighty and powerfull.

Multiplayer BCM, will likely have the problem you noted above, however, I recall reading somewhere, that each race/caste will have a limited number of assets. Carriers will be most limited. So, you may be forced to fly a cruiser, because your race/caste doesn't have any more carriers.

BCO, I would guess that artifacts will be highly out of reach for most people (i.e. expensive as all hell). This is simply because, if they aren't, everyone will have them. And what's the point of all that additional info about mid-grade upgrades, if every joe has artifacts? Of course, it may also be that there are a limited number of artifacts in the universe. Thus, price may be low, but 1 celestial orb, means that only ONE player gets it....

We shall see...

quote:

Originally posted by EAGLE:

But Phased IOD starts wroking when i stick it in caro bay. even tho i should have RE at AI 85. And i dont have RE. there is a conflict between what docs say and what game does.

[/QB]

As previously indicated, systems which are artifact upgrades have relaxed rules. They just work, regardless of RE AI. Perhaps when the code was changed, the appendix wasn't updated. Neverthless, what I said still stands.

And you are reading the wrong page. You should be reading the artifacts.html file (which is correct and accurate). I will edit the crew page and remove any inconsistencies.

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Gomez:

BCO, I would guess that artifacts will be highly out of reach for most people (i.e. expensive as all hell). This is simply because, if they aren't, everyone will have them. And what's the point of all that additional info about mid-grade upgrades, if every joe has artifacts? Of course, it may also be that there are a limited number of artifacts in the universe. Thus, price may be low, but 1 celestial orb, means that only ONE player gets it....

We shall see...

BCO will have dozens of artifacts with various levels of operation. And yes, an in BCM, you can't use some of them. Though you can buy and trade them as normal.

Thx for clearing that.

By the way i was originaly relying on Artifacts page, where there is no need for RE to use Orb JAC and Phased IOD, and when i was able to use Phased IOD on my curiser i assumed that i dont need RE to use ORB and JAC and i can use them on my Questar. And i never bothered to by RANDOM or SHD couse in Artifacts they have reference to AI for RE.

Thx again.

quote:

Originally posted by EAGLE:

Thx for clearing that.

By the way i was originaly relying on Artifacts page, where there is no need for RE to use Orb JAC and Phased IOD, and when i was able to use Phased IOD on my curiser i assumed that i dont need RE to use ORB and JAC and i can use them on my Questar. And i never bothered to by RANDOM or SHD couse in Artifacts they have reference to AI for RE.

Thx again.

np. Thanks for pointing out. In the 1.0.02 RC4 patch, I have updated the crew page now to match the game code. The artifacts page is correct and didn't need any revision.

quote:

Originally posted by Jigoku San:

Has anyone set off a RANDOM yet? I'm saving my credits for both parts.

Then... (insert world here) beware! MWAHAHAHAHA!!

Thats an interesting question. I don't think anyone has. Well, has anyone done it and seen the results? Its a moral dilemna just thinking about it.