Nav and Log com's gone need help?

Sailor

In one game I've had me Nav and logic computes blown out. Now my ship in the station for repairs.

But there is one problem people on the stations will not repace my computers for nav and log. I have them in my bays I have sat out side the station for 10 mins waiting for them to repair my computers.

Is this should have a option where the stations techs replace things. Or make it so you can repair with out the logics computer.

If anyone haves an anwser please tell me!

quote:

Originally posted by SailorX Network:

In one game I've had me Nav and logic computes blown out. Now my ship in the station for repairs.

But there is one problem people on the stations will not repace my computers for nav and log. I have them in my bays I have sat out side the station for 10 mins waiting for them to repair my computers.

Is this should have a option where the stations techs replace things. Or make it so you can repair with out the logics computer.

If anyone haves an anwser please tell me!

A Station's crews are not always willing to repair a component and are often even less likely to replace a component, even if destroyed. Leave the station and dock again, see if you can convince them that you're really a nice guy next time.

Does anyone know what drives that? Is a friendly station more likely to help you than a neutral one? Does a station of your caste help? Does your launch point station treat you any differently than other stations?

Just curious.

quote:

Originally posted by Badgerius:

Does anyone know what drives that? Is a friendly station more likely to help you than a neutral one? Does a station of your caste help? Does your launch point station treat you any differently than other stations?

Yes, sort of all of it. It can also depend upon the AI of the station NPC and whether they're having a good day or not.

The AI created for BCM are a rather pesky lot. Unless specifically limited, the danged thing does whatever it feels like. My favorite example was when we discovered that intruders were taking hostages and storing them in the cubby holes in the shuttles. Derek's basic response was "I never said they could do that! Give them an inch and they'll take the whole ship!"

In short, if the station engineers won't work for you, redock and see if you're allotted a better crew.

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

My favorite example was when we discovered that intruders were taking hostages and storing them in the cubby holes in the shuttles. Derek's basic response was "I never said they could do that! Give them an inch and they'll take the whole ship!"

hehe, I remember that one. Funny as hell. I think we've had some of the best laughs with intruders.

My favorite is when we discovered an entire reactor inside a shuttle....that couldn't launch. The general theme was, "....uhm, how the hell did they lug an ENTIRE reactor from the cargo bay to the shuttle bay?!?" Man, that was funny as all hell. I still burst out laughing when I think about that furor. And the funnier thing is that, they still do it - since there is no limitation on what they can steal.

quote:

Originally posted by Badgerius:

Umm... Could they steal your AE?

At one point I had a shuttle with AE x 2 in it and I was still on the bridge. The SC put a quick end to such silliness by warning the AI he'd replace them with clothes dryers if they didn't behave.

quote:

At one point I had a shuttle with AE x 2 in it and I was still on the bridge. The SC put a quick end to such silliness by warning the AI he'd replace them with clothes dryers if they didn't behave.

LOL!! I remember that one.

• 1 year later...

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

My favorite example was when we discovered that intruders were taking hostages and storing them in the cubby holes in the shuttles. Derek's basic response was "I never said they could do that! Give them an inch and they'll take the whole ship!"

hehe, I remember that one. Funny as hell. I think we've had some of the best laughs with intruders.

My favorite is when we discovered an entire reactor inside a shuttle....that couldn't launch. The general theme was, "....uhm, how the hell did they lug an ENTIRE reactor from the cargo bay to the shuttle bay?!?" Man, that was funny as all hell. I still burst out laughing when I think about that furor. And the funnier thing is that, they still do it - since there is no limitation on what they can steal.

I remember that. I also remember a discussion on why intruders just don't shove cargo out the airlock if they cant launch a shuttle.