Looking for a money cheat!!

Sailor

I'm currently looking for a money cheat. I'm sick of have to build money. It takes me like 10 hrs in some locations to get even going.

I'm after something to very quickly gain money weather im a different races. Bc3k as a cheat that allows you to set the money value.

That is something I like. I can get in a game then just simply Do what I want. Not being hassled by money. More time to explore and to in to my dream of being a commander of my likeing. Planning and sceeming My planet take overs.

Is such thing in the making SC in the new GBS II?

It is very easy to make money in BCM,And if you can't figure it out yourself ,all you have to do is search this forum. There is a wealth (pardon the pun) of information on this topic in several threads here.

Also, a number of people in this community have worked hard mapping out lucrative trading routes and techniques and made that information available to everyone here.It really doesn't take all that long.

If you can't master this relatively easy aspect of the game,how can you hope to coordinate a planetary assault?

all the answers are here...all you have to do is look for them.

Have a Merry Christmas

[ 12-25-2001: Message edited by: Stormshadow ]

Here, a page from Intercorp's site with an introduction to the BC trade system. But it's actually based on what I wrote up here for bc3k. The original thread is in the tips&tricks section. (I think)Search for my id. (member # 255, but it's from way back)

You will need this launchbase data from Pugwash' site together with the above introduction to predict your buy and sell price. But be advised that these numbers may change or are not accurate. The bc3k appendix carried/carries this info (atleast valid for that game only) but the BCM appendix never had it. (Time to ask the SC why not) But you can allways just boldly go and try and find the inflation value on the info page of the station/base.

Terrans get their best profit (66% of investment ) by moving AD items from GalcomHQ to Velari/Polaris2. Gammulans/Valkeries have it even better. The best actually. (77% of investment ) AD from Cyron VI to Mantis I (or is it Mantisi?).

[ 12-25-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

I prefer battles then being a merchant. And we all have better things to do then spend 4 hrs gaining money for a trip. We don't even have a way to speed the game so you don't get bored wait for the engines to charge. It takes me 10 hrs. of trading to = one little campain I liketo go on.

Most are happy to just to stay in the home system and battle. I don't I like to wander around training killing and make the galaxy choaic.

One little trip is for terran space to gram and alot of side trips along the way. I find it funner to just have instant cash like 10 million - 1 Billion then do what I want. Like run a month long campain in a enemy sectors.

And i'm a very good Leader. 4 Bases cleaned out. At the start of the game.

Blow up ships and take their cargo. Especially insurgent and Valkyrie ships, they always seem to give me a LOT of OTS missiles and expensive components in their cargo pods.

My record so far was gathering 12 OTS missiles in 5 minutes just from cargo pods.

JJ.

You launch a shuttle and then give it orders to "Cargosweep".It will then try to collect all the little cargopod's in the area.....keep an eye on it though...sometimes they like to wander off....lol....oh yeah if it's a cargopod that's near to a RED ODS you are likely to lose the shuttle so check the pod locations.

quote:

I find it funner to just have instant cash like 10 million - 1 Billion then do what I want.

Hey!, that's what my real-life bankaccount is screaming too. But life ain't working like that. And neither does the (ROAM/ACM) game. I'm afraid you'll have to take the unpleasant too.

Tac's idea is pretty much your last resort. Unless you like to wait for your mining drones to fill up.

And wrt trading, I managed to fill up my mk1 shuttle with every loose item I could find in my BCmk3. With 654 displacement units to spare IIRC. And then jumped into it's saddle on my way to Velari. I was there before I knew it. (Oh yeah, I traded MN items for AG at Wraith to get a better profit for them. Hope you can use them, Tac )

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

Guest [III]RickOShea

How to edit yourself some money:

<<< CAUTION! >>> ANY mistakes and your gamesave will be corrupted or destroyed. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

<<< OTHER CAUTION >>> This should ONLY be used to gain knowledge and practice skills, for use in no-cheat cames NOT to win campaigns, and achieve objectives more easily. One path leads to ultimate strength, the other to ultimate weakness.

Don't let the dark side give you bad mojo, eh?

<<< THIS CAUTION INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK >>>

PREPARATION:

All distractions eliminate, you must, young Jedi.

Mistakes most foul, easy to make, very.

Corruption the result will be, yes.

Talked backwards Yoda did,

For a hex coder was he.

Look this good when my age you be.

A sock in it, put.

Either create a new game and save it or select a gamesave to modify and write down how much money it has. example: 75000 credits

Go to the saves directory (folder) and locate the save you want to modify example PLAYER1.SG0 and make a backup copy of it.

If not have then get (download) a sector editor; ("bytezap" utility.) I use Hexpert32, it's Shareware.

http://www.flash.net/~mwoolsey/hexpert.html

or websearch for it.

Run the hex editor, and load the target gamesave.

Run the Windows calculator in scientific mode or use a handheld that can do decimal to hexadecimal conversion.

In decimal mode, enter the amount of money you HAVE, convert to hexadecimal, write it down.

Back to decimal mode, enter the amount of money you WANT, convert to hex, write it down.

Using the Hex editor, make sure it is operating in hex mode, then do a search in hex mode for the hex value of what you HAVE. When you find it, search for the 'next' occurrance of that number. Typically there will be only one. You will notice the number is backwards by pairs. example:

75000 dec = 124F8 hex but what the search finds is

F8 24 01

Separate the WANT hex value into pairs of digits, starting from right to left, write it down. If the leftmost is a single digit, stick a zero on its left. example:

12345 (right to left)

1 23 45 (leftmost IS single digit)

01 23 45 (put zero left of single digit)

other example

98 96 80 ( leftmost is 2 digit, no zero needed)

Using the hex editor, starting at the rightmost pair in the editor, start entering the rightmost pair of your WANT hex number. Careful! the editor will enter data left to right, so you'll have to backspace to the pair before (left of) the one you just edited. Enter the next (left) pair of digits of the WANT hex amount in the editor, then backspace to the pair left to what you just entered. You're copying the WANT pairs in from right to left, starting with the rightmost HAVE number in the editor.

Assuming you HAVE 75,000 (0124F8)

and WANT 10,000,000 (989680 hex)

you will FIND F8 24 01 and replace with

98 96 80

Why do it right to left? If your WANT is more digits than your HAVE you must start from the rightmost pair and enter it leftward from the end to the start of the number because that's just how computers store numbers. Ask a programmer.

if WANT = 12 34 56 78 then

F8 24 01 will be replaced with

12 34 56 78 the 78 going where the 01 was.

Final step, save the edited file and EXIT the sector editor. BC can't load the file if it's in use.

Gongrats. You have just hacked your gamesave the old-school hard core way - MANUALLY!

Moment of truth: fire up BCM and restore your gamesave. If the money is exactly what you expected then you have met the minimum requirement: perfect editing. Otherwise you should write down the $ you NOW have, quit BCM, figure out where you went wrong, fix it, or easier - delete the edited save, copy your backup save back into the save directory and try again from scratch. Never use your backup, only copies of it.

Oh and always hold your light sabre right-side up when you turn it on. (If you don't get it, try it with a flashlight and see what gets iluminated.)

Cmdr: "Status?"

CO: "They're coming around for another pass."

Cmdr:"Activate the 'persuader' artifact."

CO: "Activating 'persuader'." humMmMmMmMm

Artifact: "Target aquired, airlock overrides engaged..... "

FO: "Ouch... looks like not everybody had vaccsuits on."

TO: "Eww... Sir - want me to launch a cargo sweep?"

CE: "cargo MOP would be more like it!"

Cmdr: "Captain's log: memo: Get the CC washed as soon as we dock."

Sorry for the long message - I was inspired.

Blame it on BCM. Just be glad I didn't type out the "alien supermarket" story.

[ 12-27-2001: Message edited by: [iII] Rick O'Shea ]

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

/me whistles while looking in the sc's direction

Search and you might find better.

Don't worry. I saw that earlier and am not going to say anything. Wait until the saved game authentication check kicks in.

• 4 weeks later...

You can make 50-60 million in an hour or two without leaving the Earth sector.

Buy FC Charger Units at Galcom and sell them at Genesis (the moon's station). Buy Commlink units at Genesis, and take back to Galcom.

When you get your first couple of million, start buying Cloaking systems at Galcom for Genesis.

Eventually you can start hauling Cloning Units to Genesis, these net you ~900,000 credits per unit for a simple hyperjump.

Hehehe... to heck with that hex editor stuff! I have a simple little program that does it for me called hacker.exe... used it on lots of games. Of course I'm sure the great SC knows about this stuff and probably has several security checks implemented... just use playmod and be happy.

I too find it rather troublesome to have to go out and become a merchant just to go and kick some butt. Real life military commanders don't have to worry about how much this or that is. But then again they do have to account for their assets to their superiors.

To calculate an AI to automatically send you on various missions should they be needed in the dynamic enviornment of the ROAM games would require massive amounts of time to develop. I would much rather have the SC spending his time on the MP portion or even other BC projects (Online, XP etc.) than that.

The simple solution was to go out and implement the money system for everyone. Granted that depending on the base you're at will dictate the price of what you are buying, it's an excellent system for simulating the real "meat and potatoes" missions of real military operations. "Go and mine here, look out for baddies"... "Deliver these items to our foreward bases, watch for baddies"... "Patrol this area for enemy activity with this as your foreward base"... such and so forth.

It's a good system and I happen to like it. If you would rather be more combat oriented then most commanders then playmod is for you.

Guest Grayfox

/start rant

whatever happened to doing stuff the honest way??? lol gawd all this talk about cheating. how do i do this and how do i do that without wasting all this time. if sc wanted it to be like that he wouodnt of put so much time into making the game play in real time. sheesh, just do it the ole fashioned way like the rest of us...

/end rant

quote:

whatever happened to doing stuff the honest way???

I know, i love to "honestly" make money by sneeking up on a red dot with my cloak on and blast him to get his cargo pod or his burnt out hulk.

I've even tryed to "honestly" make money by cutting off supplys to a station so their asking price goes up...then sell my wares to them.

But sometimes i do like to just jump in a fully loaded BCmk3 and blast everyone.

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Originally posted by Jigoku San:

I know, i love to "honestly" make money by sneeking up on a red dot with my cloak on and blast him to get his cargo pod or his burnt out hulk.

I've even tryed to "honestly" make money by cutting off supplys to a station so their asking price goes up...then sell my wares to them.

But sometimes i do like to just jump in a fully loaded BCmk3 and blast everyone.

thats not cheating so it falls under the "honesty" clause. me i mine and run supplies back and forth, and generally destroy every red dot that comes into my MS and tow their wrecked smoking hulks in for reward money

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

whatever happened to doing stuff the honest way???

I agree it may have taken me a bit longer than most here but I have two careers on the go at the moment (nightstar and Questar) both are almost fully upgraded (and some artifacts too) but money for both was done by trading(slow) and drones(bit quicker).

Now I'm planning a deep strike into Gammulan space with a few OTS missiles and a song in my heart(may take some screenies during the trip)

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

Now I'm planning a deep strike into Gammulan space with a few OTS missiles and a song in my heart(may take some screenies during the trip)

Gammulan space...a wraith's favorite playground

I have to agree with the general sentiment of earning your GalCreds by whatever means.

As far as an easy way to amass a large amount of money, just park your CC somewhere safe, deploy your drones and let the thing sit for a couple of hours while you watch a movie, sleep, whatever. Go back, collect your drones, empty them and repeat. Do this until you have to start storing minerals in the shuttles to make room and then head off to a mineral starved station and sell like crazy. The biggest bonus is that your crew's AI will also increase. Having a crew where everyone is 25+ (marines, medics even...gasp...Resnig) makes you a meaner, leaner, fighting machine.

Guest Grayfox

hmmm... maybe we can clone resnig, sell the original then clone the clone, sell the original clone. then clone the clone of the clone... exponential resnig action here folks

r3z||1g 0w||z j00

(damn my typos)

[ 02-07-2002, 12:55: Message edited by: Grayfox ]

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

hmmm... maybe we can clone resnig, sell the original then clone the clone, sell the original clone. then clone the clone of the clone... exponential resnig action here folks

r3z||1g 0w||z j00

(damn my typos)

Hey, it's probably because of cloning that anyone's CO is named Resnig