Damn ODS systems! (help!)

Epsilon 5

I'm desperate at this... how do you destroy a ODS system? My survival rate out of an attack is nearly 0, and even the pad doesn't do the job, since the laser range of the sucker is more than 125kms... and by the time I jump in/back-off I must flee or be destroyed. I captured almost every station in the solar system as a raider, but those ODS systems keep annoying me.

Help anyone?

Epsilon 5,

I've only went after one ODS since I've been playing.I cloaked and got very close and used my IOD set at 20%.....Those things are very hard to hit!!!! and very Tough!!!! it took me a long time to finally take it out..I tried using the PAD on it and couldn't hit the darn thing....

Best of luck!

I upgrade the shields to the best I can get (in my case on my Mk. 3, that means T.A. shield) and I park myself a few kilometers from the ODS and let my turrets slowly eat away at it. And no, I don't use the cloaking device. My shields are strong enough to where the ODS almost never gets them below 50%, so I see no need to use it.

Good Luck!

Guest Phantom3253

One way to do it is to position your ship exactly below the ODS. This will allow your PAS system to slowly eat away at it. You will take some damage approaching it, so maybe you should cloak while you position your ship under it. Once your ship is directly under it, The ODS will not shoot at your ship. It will ignore you. The thing is that you have to match your ship speed with the ODS's speed so your ship remains perfectly below it. I use the F10 target view to position my ship. Remember, get really close to it and exactly under it. I found the matching speed of the ODS to be around 201. Good Luck.

• 1 year later...

Maybe I've just been lucky.. I've flown right up to ODS systems and blown them away. They only thing that made it difficult was that they were hard to hit. I don't ever recall taking any damage from one.... I do remember being raked by a station whilest trying to down one. Or was that the ODS and it just looked like the beam weapons were comming from the station?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jascatar

I am playing military terrean in roam mode, and I think that it is normal that ODS won't fire at me, unlike what you discuss here .

It is right ?

ODS have very limited firing arcs, they are supposed to knock out ships trying to establish orbit with a planet (whenever SC gets it implemented ). In their current incarnation if you time a jump right they shouldn't be too hard to kill since you aren't locked in an orbit.

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

ODS have very limited firing arcs, they are supposed to knock out ships trying to establish orbit with a planet (whenever SC gets it implemented ). In their current incarnation if you time a jump right they shouldn't be too hard to kill since you aren't locked in an orbit.

Sometimes - if you're unlucky and paying attention to a station when an ODS comes into range, well then.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Sometimes - if you're unlucky and paying attention to a station when an ODS comes into range, well then.

thats why I always try to park with the station BETWEEN me and the ODS