Commercial city development - HOW?

Guest [III]RickOShea

Guest [III]RickOShea

To establish context, I quote the appendix:

"17. COMMERCIAL

This caste consists of commercial personnel and operates similarly to traders but in addition are also RESPONSIBLE for

the DEVELOPMENT of NEW CITIES."

What exactly does this mean and how is it accomplished? I am assuming the following meanings:

Responsible - accountable, and empowered

Development - construction and improvement

New - didn't exist before or has recently started

Cities - functional habitations for sentient species.

Specifically, how do I discharge my COMMERCIAL RESPONSIBILITY to DEVELOP NEW CITIES? After all, the appendix doesn't lie.... does it?

...to seek out new cities and new civilisations... and SELL them stuff!

...to boldly "go" where no man has "gone" before,

THE LADIES ROOM!

by the way, could I interest you in a tribble?

As I indicated in another discussion, I fleshed out my world, aliens, castes etc, a long time ago. Most of my ideas cannot be realized in a single game, so, most filter into subsequent series. As such, what you see above is bound for BCO, along with what I posted about explorers etc.

I MAY enable the ability to build cities, bases, stations etc in XP1 - but don't count on it.

[ 12-27-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest [III]RickOShea

Ok thanks a lot. At least I can stop trying to figure out how to do it for now.

BCM isn't a game, it's a place to live.

I appreciate all your efforts on this epic endeavor, and I'm sure most of the rest of us do also. If there's anything I can do to help the project, let me know. No promises but I'll do what I can.

My little clan. [iII] Iron ivy Inc, was born in a BBS game called Tradewars 2002, way back when Tradewars was a new game and Galacticom BBSs were a big thing. How fitting that III should find a new home in BCM / BCX.

I hope multiplayer will be playable in a co-op fashion with saves and resumes possible. That would make engrossing mp campaigns / roams that could fit the schedules of the players. Being able to transfer to clanmates assets and command them in the clanmate's absence would be handy too.

Not wishlisting as such, just thinking out loud.

Hi Rick,

Welcome to BCM. If you're interested in the potential possibilities of playing the Commercial caste when BCO goes live, check out Intercorp's website link in my sig. Intercorp is an organization we're putting together for independent players/castes in the BCO universe, providing all manner of support and resources.

If you think this is the direction you want to head in then feel free to join us.

See you in the ether.......

quote:

Originally posted by [iII] Rick O'Shea:

I hope multiplayer will be playable in a co-op fashion with saves and resumes possible. That would make engrossing mp campaigns / roams that could fit the schedules of the players. Being able to transfer to clanmates assets and command them in the clanmate's absence would be handy too.

Yep to all of the above

quote:

Originally posted by [iII] Rick O'Shea:

Ok thanks a lot. At least I can stop trying to figure out how to do it for now.

BCM isn't a game, it's a place to live.

I appreciate all your efforts on this epic endeavor, and I'm sure most of the rest of us do also. If there's anything I can do to help the project, let me know. No promises but I'll do what I can.

My little clan. [iII] Iron ivy Inc, was born in a BBS game called Tradewars 2002, way back when Tradewars was a new game and Galacticom BBSs were a big thing. How fitting that III should find a new home in BCM / BCX.

...all fleets and corps can still exist in BCM mp, not just BCO.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

You already said that if the host-computer quitted the game it was over. Is that still true?

Yes.

And don't confuse public and 3000AD hosted fleet servers. This distinction was made almost two years ago. Yet you're asking me this; again.

Guest Fox__Trot

Quick Question about Multiplayer in BC:M will the universe be persistant *Lets say I setup a dedicated-server to host a Private game of bcm with my freinds* and leave it running for a year will my Freinds and I be able to log on and off that server as we please and still keep our profile or would I have to make a new one each time I logged back in?