TOD 2 5/5

TRD

Has anyone completed this yet? The closest Ive gotten is with the HSD on my shuttle, then the timer runs down.

Anyway do you have to take it back to Galcom HQ in the alloted time, if so how? These CC's dont move as quick as they used to.

He probably has taken a trip all the way around the universe to get at the places he needed to be. Look for a shortcut. Actually, more than one.

*points to a certain white map in the appendix*

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Rico Jansen ]

I've got to agree with TRD on the mission time,

but the missions aren't supposed to be straight forwards, fly here, fly there, collect X you have to use your brain and figure out what you must do and what you can afford to miss out and still succeed in the missions.

In BCM time is very short I did it last night with only seconds to spare and I do mean seconds (as with Tod 1 mission 2 that could do with an extra 10 minutes as Dip 4 tends to do some sightseeing)

Lets take a look at the number of jumps it takes to play the script out as it unfolds

If your CC is ready in LV-130 at the start of the mission which it should be as you set off to get ther before the last mission ended right.

LV130 to Polaris-1 via FLUX 06 6 jumps

Polaris-1 to LV-105 via FLUX 06 and FLUX 12 11 jumps

LV-105 to Tyrinis via FLUX 11 4 jumps

Total Number of jumps 21

it take around 15 seconds to enter the jump gate, wormhole or Flux field at the end of each jump and enter the new destination so add that to the engine recharge time and transit time so for a CC like the Megaron ( that's 225 x 21= 4725 seconds nearly 79 minutes that leaves 11 minutes for other things.

This means you need to know the script and not wait for any information messages (which in my book is close to cheating)

Now you can do the double Shuttle Shuffle Tow and save nearly a minute a jump (with a Megaron) but that is cheating

or

Select a CC with faster combined transit time, engine recharge time.

or

(not checked this out but should be ok)

start mission with CC in LV-130 with the CC parked at the jump gate to LV-125, two shuttles launched and ready

Once the mission starts and the message plays send one shuttle to tow and the second shuttle to collect the cargo from the Reingard

Order the CC to Ylissa then manually fly through FLUX-12 to LV-104

Launch a shuttle to LV-105 and order it to tow the Reingard Shuttle then give it the Halt order and jump to LV-105 then on to Tyrinis

Now you only have to find the Salamanda with plenty of time left.

I had thought about putting the AE in the shuttle for the run to Polaris-1 and back while sending the CC on to Ylissa but this wont work as the old script used "IF HERE BC THEN" to detect the BC (unless it's changed in the BCM version).

Luckily the script doesn't check if you have visited the probe for the rest of the events to play out so just skip it and you will have ample time, you just don't collect the 500 EP's for finding the probe.

Me I like to get all those points.

quote:

Originally posted by Pugwash:

Luckily the script doesn't check if you have visited the probe for the rest of the events to play out

It does now

If you don't locate the Reingard probe and shuttle by the resolution of this mission, you will lose 5000 EPs and not get the medal.

I have also increased the time for this TOD and others.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

It does now

If you don't locate the Reingard probe and shuttle by the resolution of this mission, you will lose 5000 EPs and not get the medal.

I have also increased the time for this TOD and others.

Ok, I can do that, but does that now mean you dont have to get the HSD from that other ship?

Since we are on the toipc of ACM, I have a question for anyone who may know this...

Do you get a violation for all missions failed? Or is that just for certain missions like the first 2 in TOD 1? I keep replaying the second mission since I cant get the Diplomat to dock on time. I guess that teaches me for choosing a slow ship to fly!

quote:

Originally posted by Roberto:

Since we are on the toipc of ACM, I have a question for anyone who may know this...

Do you get a violation for all missions failed? Or is that just for certain missions like the first 2 in TOD 1? I keep replaying the second mission since I cant get the Diplomat to dock on time. I guess that teaches me for choosing a slow ship to fly!

Put your AE in a FC and jump ahead of the diplomat and clear any obsticals that cold slow the diplomat down.

I have got past it a couple of times. But I stop playing when the old patches were deleting saved games (because they were incompatable back then).

I was just wondering about the violations thats all, and which missions cause them when you failed.

Ive only just get back in to ACM again after playing ROAM for so long.

Roberto

You get violations for the following mission failures:

Tod1 M1/5(x2), Tod1 M2/5(x2), Tod1 M3/5(x2), Tod2 M3/5 (5 violations)

You can get more than one violation in the missions but always get 5 for failing Tod2 M3/5

This is from the pre release BCM script which has had a few changes since the Beta and looks like a few more in progress since Gold but should be fairly accurate.

I find that in order to make the time requirements of acm, you have to severly limit your use of frontend controls. game time still passes while using them but, as far as I can tell, nothing actually happens in the game world while you are in a front end screen.

quote:

Originally posted by AshSpear:

I find that in order to make the time requirements of acm, you have to severly limit your use of frontend controls. game time still passes while using them but, as far as I can tell, nothing actually happens in the game world while you are in a front end screen.

Untrue. The game world never stops processing unless you dock at a station or use the HOLD button in Tacops.