Replacing Fighters

You are correct to buy the fighter assets to replace destroyed fighters. Once you buy them you go to Logistics>Crafts>FC? (pick your fighter you want to replace) then hit the replace button. If you have the fighter assets in cargo it should be replaced. I dont have the game in front of me right now but im fairly certain im correct.

[ 04-17-2003, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Forever Light ]

quote:

Originally posted by Forever Light:

You are correct to buy the fighter assets to replace destroyed fighters. Once you buy them you go to Logistics>Crafts>FC? (pick your fighter you want to replace) then hit the replace button. If you have the fighter assets in cargo it should be replaced. I dont have the game in front of me right now but im fairly certain im correct.

Close, Tactical/Loadout, although I've never tried from Logistix...it might work that way too.

When you go to Tactical/Loadout and select the FC tab, then the craft, you will see a message indicating that it is destroyed. And if you have a replacement asset (e.g. FIGHTER ASSET) in your cargo bay, you will have the option to replace it.

Looks like when I moved this from Logistix/Crafts to Tactical/Loadout, I never updated the manual. I have now added an entry into the menual revision file.

[ 04-18-2003, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• 3 weeks later...

I have a related question. I have been informed that my FC4 is offline (after returning from battle) and I can't seem to get it back online. Although the flight engineers were able to get the other fc's ready, they can't seem to get FC4 ready. I repaired all damage to it. The things that are odd about it are that its reactor charge is only 8% (and I can't seem to recharge it), and it seems to be in FC bay 3 (at least, that is where the flight engineers go to prep it). I have taken all flight engineers off duty to rest them, then put them back to readying FC4. No luck- it remains offline with no eta on availability (and it remains at 8% charge). My BC MK3 has no damage to FC systems/bays (at least, I repaired everything to 100%)Any suggestions?

- Eric

This sounds like it's related to a problem I'm researching right now regarding FCs and FC bays getting mismatched.

Try this: Use the tactical->launch menu to assign flight engineers to prep your FCs INSTEAD of tactical->crew (note: If you already have FEs assigned to prep from the crew menu make sure to remove them first, put them on station or something, THEN assign from launch menu). Tell me if it works.

quote:

Originally posted by fenixfireblade:

This sounds like it's related to a problem I'm researching right now regarding FCs and FC bays getting mismatched.

Try this: Use the tactical->launch menu to assign flight engineers to prep your FCs INSTEAD of tactical->crew (note: If you already have FEs assigned to prep from the crew menu make sure to remove them first, put them on station or something, THEN assign from launch menu). Tell me if it works.

It worked! I sent the flight engineers off duty, then when to tactical-->launch to reassign them, and it worked! Thanks!

- Eric