Making Cash as a Gammulan?

Guest aces155

Guest aces155

Hi all!

MY FIRST POST WOOOHOOOO!! I feel like such a noob

Anyways heres my question.... (forgive me if I ramble I want to savor that 0001 feeling... )

I am a big star trek roleplayer, and love playing the peaceful Federation, so thusly I cant just switch to the borg, but with the kickin' discovery of another world of amazing proportions (got BCMG for only $5) thought I might be evil for a change....

Anyways, I didn't to post any stupid questions, so I scoured all the websites, but no help.... My question is this: There are so many tecniques for gaining uber cash as the Galcommies, but I was wondering, what is the quickest AND best way to make lots of $$$? I would use playmod, but first I am way to honest for that and secondly well, im guesing you won't have that in multiplayer, so I wanted to not rely on it too much....

I fly a storm carrier if thats any help, and have been towing (i love that Shuttle bug) myself around Cannas and Ramis, but no farther for im too broke to enter battle..... Please help by sending, trade routes/tips, mining bugs, tips.... ANYTHING... Maybe the nearest wester union office?

I dont know.....

Anyways, I must say that BC fever has hit me and my eyes are starting zombie mode.... Pleaes excuse me while I chant the mantra....

*walks off saying "Derek is god" "Derek is god"*

Scary stuff.

I gained my riches by running trade routes in a shuttle. Find a couple stations out there selling high priced items and just buy low sell high. Once you get enough cash to manage to buy 20 OTS missiles you start getting somewhere. Ive got about 477 million credits right now. Which doesnt quite feel like enough but can start getting boring after a while. Specifically...I started an insurgent firestorm at new frontier near the Gammy sector. Then took over space station Cyclone just in Gammy space...and once I had that secured I parked my CC on a safe spot on a planet and bought OTS at Cyclone and sold the next system over at Adonis spcae station....using a MK1 shuttle without an OC on board cause it has 5000 cargo space. Basically I made my own close range supply and demand by capturing a hostile station and then buying its cheaper OTS weapons and sold at the next door neighbor where they are about 3 million credits more expensive.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

before the gods, I mean the mods, get angry

<snort>

Welcome to the forums Terrik and the pic is a bit much for a sig. As a one off pic, great. As a sig, Bad Thingâ„¢. I'll leave the Gammulan Gunk to um...the Gammulans?

*flips open appendix*

There's this run I used to make as a Mercernary, in the Gammulan Quadrant.

Buy AD items, like weapons, from the Cyclone station in Cyron-VI. Make 5 jumps to Otura-6, and sell it all to the Alidis station there.

It's 5 jumps, which translates into a LOT of Radine each way, but if you've got hte upgrades, it's okay. 0% inflation on an AD starstation also scores you VERY cheap Radine to refuel.

Provided Gammulan Military ships can dock at Valkerie Military stations (I can't recall), it's the BEST way to score.

As a mercenary, I ran this a few times, and within an hour or so, I had ALL my missile silos filled up with OTS nukes. The big ones. (OTS-Bugnor?)

If you look at the Navitron computer, you'll see the systems at the bottom-right. Cyron-VI is the one where there's only one planet accessible in that system.

This isn't THE best trade route, (i.e. it's longer, and takes up way more Radine, IMO), but it's got the most profit per run.

(The one I favor most in the Terran Quadrant is GalcomHQ/Genesis to Wraith (Lyrius, Syrius) or Velari (Polaris-2, Polaris) depending on how far you want to go. 2 jumps for 30% inflation profit, or 4 for 40%?)

Data is below.

-----

CYCLONE - Valkerie Military

Tech: 3

Class: AD

Inflation: 0%

ALIDIS - Valkerie Military

Tech: 3

Class: HT

Inflation: 50%

-----

Holy crap, and I'm just another military guy. Not even a freelance mercenary or a trader. And I'm still caught up on my trade routes and bounties.

Guest aces155

Thanks for telling me about the pic, I don't want to piss of god on the FIRST day

Anyways... I have tried the 5 jump thingy but I mean that is BORING! As for the supply and demand Id love to, but I keep trying to attack the station and get myself blow to peices.... all 40 of my marines... poof in likfe 3 seconds after their SC leave the shipp...... What is the best tactic for the taking the station.... Which one was it?

If you are flying a carrier then you could always cloak before you hyperjump to the station. But some consider that too easy . And to take it over you have to get it to go into SOS mode but it can be tricky to do so. Have to beat it down to about 20% overall system integrity and then you can take it over. Usually have to set main guns at 10% and turn off pta so they dont blow the station too soon. And if you are a really patient type you could seige the station by destroying all incoming ships from reaching it to resupply....but ive never done that and it could be hard to do.

[ 04-23-2003, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: Forever Light ]

quote:

Originally posted by Terrik Durlun:

What is the best tactic for the taking the station

Usually what I do is jump into the sector in plain sight, watch all of the baddies come after me and just before any missiles hit me, I cloak and move out of the way. I then start firing at the station and pound it down to call for an SOS and dock with it. Sometimes I decloak a few times to play with them, but if they get 1 or 2 good shots in with missiles, it's over!

Guest aces155

Yea the "I hate this game bin" at the nearest game store.... They are all Doom freaks... No respect for the true games

Anyways.... I finally got my base under control, but just as I undocked a fleet of 3 MK3 HJed in and smoked the sector

• 3 weeks later...

I kinda agree with Lord on this one only DESTROY ANY ship you see and plunder the goods. Its gotten me 4000 Radine 1100 Iridium and a continual cash flow plus killing is SOOOOO much fun. so I get to mix buisness and pleasure its great

• 9 months later...

I've found the best way to make money is to raid the raiders. Just sit in a raider systems and wait for them to attack you. Many times you'll come across ODS's and SDM's in thier cargo pods. I made 10 mill credits last night just from sitting in the Lennin system ( that's the one with pixan station right? ) and taking all challengers for an hour or two.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Terrik Durlun:

[QB] discovery of another world of amazing proportions (got BCMG for only $5)

You did? Where? Or did you buy a used copy or something?

I picked up an extra copy of BCM/G a few months ago for 5 bucks at either Gamestop or EB Games. (bought it for MP) The only reason it was so cheap was because it was used, the box was pretty chewed up and the CD had a few scratches on it, but the guy Guaranteed it would work and it did.