Determining location of ODS

Spindoktor

This could go here or the newbie section, since I'm very much a n00b.

There is a TER/INS space station I would like to capture but there is also an ODS orbiting the planet. I have read that its a good idea to wait for the ODS to be on the other side of the planet before attacking the starstation (makes sense). Also from reading this post SC is suggesting that orientation is a factor (although its an old post and may no longer be valid).

Ok my question...

How are you guys determining (preferably before HJing to the station) the position of the ODS respective of the planet, and, whether its likely to achieve lock after you come out of HJ? Any tips? (HAH, see it can go in this forum )

I've been playing BCMG since release almost non-stop. Although I own BCM, I never invested enough time in it to get hooked. Thats all changed! I've finally found the holy grail of gaming.

Thanks for reading.

Well, basically before jumping to the station, target the ODS and view it in the F10 camera view. Watch its rotation. Then beef up your shields and jump to it. Destroy it, then make a beeline for the station. If you survive that is.