Retreiving the Random Weapon.

FCSN_Perches

My forst post here.. ahh.. finally also i can resolve a issue ive had for awhile

In my game trade ships kept falling under gammulan attack so i retaliated by attacking several gammulan bases on gamma one by hovering about 26,000 feet abve the base and using the PTA gun system to systematicly destroy targets, such as the launch pad and command and control centers. also i destroyed 2 gammulan space stations.

How ever the Gammulan attacks continued so i decided the only way to halt the attacks was to destroy the Gammulan Home worlds.

after a LOnnggg time of searching i finally obtained the components for a Random Weapon..

then after waiting for the AI to go to 100 on the necessary officers.

Then i made my way to the Gammula System, and when i arrived had to approach from the other side of the planet as the space station was up again..i launched my fighters and 2 shuttles to keep the expected response busy, while i targetted the Random weapon and launched it to Gamma-1.. The Planet was destroyed.

the appendix mentioned that i could retrieve the random weapon and re use it.

I planned to retrieve it, and if the Gammulan problem had not eased, to destroy Gamma-2.

But, i descned to gamma one, to the place of Impact. the weapon was no where to be found.

how does one retrieve it.

HMMM.... you may have to buy another one from a station to get it working again. I'm not sure if this was changed. Originally you would zoom to the weapon and order a shuttle to pick it up.

have you gone to tacops and zoomed to the ground level, changed the view angle and panned the horizon? Sometimes little things like drones get put down and you can't see them from orbit until you do this. I've not used the R.A.N.D.O.M. yet, so I don't know if this would apply to it.

I'm hoping to have R.A.N.D.O.M. capability soon... But I keep playing with my other profiles, so I don't get much time on my main profile. So many things new to try.... So little time away from work....

quote:

Originally posted by Sir John Falstaff:

have you gone to tacops and zoomed to the ground level, changed the view angle and panned the horizon? Sometimes little things like drones get put down and you can't see them from orbit until you do this. I've not used the R.A.N.D.O.M. yet, so I don't know if this would apply to it.

I'm hoping to have R.A.N.D.O.M. capability soon... But I keep playing with my other profiles, so I don't get much time on my main profile. So many things new to try.... So little time away from work....

ahh..

well yes i tried that, the Random weapon couldnt be found.. i tried zomming looking around, basicly ive been looking for the white indictator or something that says "random weapon above it" that i can click and send a shuttle after,but nothing seen.

which complicates my plan to exterminate the Gammulans, thus ending the threat to trade and planets in the region.

The only alternative is to use the remained of my trade money to buy some OTS missiles, outfit my fighters, and wage war against the Gammulans.

ill just have to amnass a huge fleet and invade.

quote:

Originally posted by FCSN_Perches:

the appendix mentioned that i could retrieve the random weapon and re use it.

That was changed. You can no longer retrieve it. Once it detonates, you have to go and buy another one.