The Galaxian Probe

Pyromaniac

yes just seen it did anyone notice those lightning thingys surrounding your ship (whilst on the planet) rather then normal explosions? also one of the officers started babbling something about "be prepared...we are coming...stargazer"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Unless I'm mistaken, there is a galaxian base in the Unknown sector when you're playing multiplayer.

and a big one too damn it's a minture death star.

well i'm puzzled about stargazer there is nothing there in that utopia zone (apart from some good minerals to mine) am i missing something or was it one of the things that didn't make the cut?

I still haven't checked out Stargazer in UC yet. I will sometime next week, I just hope that there is more to these Galaxians than there was in BCM. The mystery behind this race is perplexing, and one day I hope to learn all about them. I can't wait until the mystery is unraveled.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little more insight about shuttles and adverse atmospheres. It's my opinion that those rugged little shuttles are purpose built to take the worst possible places you can send them. Ever try taking a tour of jupiter? Your CC would be squishyfied like a tin can, but your shuttle just cruises along happy.

Also, though I've never tried landing OC's on Obsidian before, it is worth noting that the ATV at least is capable of driving along the bottom of any ocean you drop it in. So if it can take the pressure of a guided tour of the Marianes Trench, I think Obsidian shouldnt be a problem.

quote:

Any new news?

Not really anything new in single player. I don't know if it is just me, but has anyone noticed the probe can't be damaged? I used a mayhem tank, and my contantly being damaged CC. Nothing seemed to damage it, but it did show the sparks like it was being hit. That be prepared, we are coming message is really creepy. Was it an incoming message from an unkown source? I don't know but is wasn't the comms officer.

i have been thinking about random the planet myself, just dont have it all together yet(i.e. random decoder & OTS)..but I seriously think that the clue has already been received(i.e. we are coming...etc.) and there is probably no further significance to the probe(just speculation).

I have noted that the integrity level is 44% and have tried(without success) repairing it. Even dropped different items for repairs, hoping the Galaxians would do the job themselves(no success)

Tried to get a replacement probe to them too. So far, everythings in crates. If I Launch from atmosphere, my probe crashes, I think.(it explodes anyway).

I have moved on to Gazer(thinking next clue there)But, though conditions are Duplicate to Obsidia,I have not found anything but the utopia area(lightning and death to the commander if he leaves his shuttle).

LOL "STILL SEARCHING"

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Randomed the probe, my officer obediently told me the probe was destroyed, as was the whole planet. Dont know what the consequence will be(I am in a single player "ROAM" scenerio), but I must say, when first arriving here at obsidia, all hell broke loose(everyone and their brother had me on their most wanted list). Now its amazing how quiet it has become.

I hope their is MORE to this, than just the shootem up stuff. I was hoping for some real brain teasers. So, if there are, then dont give away the answers, but it would be good to know if there are some.

I have already taken over every space station in the galaxy, and have all the artifacts. I'm getting a little bored with destroying ships and planet assults are, more challenging, but too easy with the ots.

just curious....

[ 04-06-2004, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: street ]

• 2 months later...

quote:

"be prepared...we are coming...stargazer"

You know what I think? I believe SC is going to run us forever on this mystery, then in one of the games, he is finally going to unravel the truth, thereby extinguishing all life in the galaxy.

There's just got to be an answer. Everybody check out this thread on "Unknown Contacts" and this topic on Supernovas It's got a litte about "high AI entities that have the ability to remain cloaked all the time". They must all be connected to the Galaxian Probe. And I have heard on other threads that people get a high ammount of static while in orbit around Obsidia, and their TO keeps saying that, "there's something out there" to no end. Has anybody gotten the Trans-matrix Cloaking Device who can shed some light on the subject?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried exiting as a different player race? Droidian perhaps?

EDIT: Somewhere I think I remember reading something about the commanders being somehow physically different from the other crew members. It could have been something about an implant or something... Or I could just be on Resnig's crack. Look! Intruders! *plays gameboy*

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by Annihilator:

Has anybody gotten the Trans-matrix Cloaking Device who can shed some light on the subject?

Yeah mate was the first thing i did when i got it. No theres nothing there. However im on a roam scenario, so i dont know if there is anything there on the campaign.

• 2 years later...

I heard that someone OTSed the probe and then a message said "Stargazer here we come" I also heard a rumor that says Galaxians are pure enery, what if the lightning and other things like that are the Galaxians, or they live in another realm like a spirit worldish place. Or try to find a way to remove cloaking, maybe the is a cloaked base or station...or just wait till their iridium is depleated