Crates/Cargo pods

Lestat9

Once in a while you will see cargo pods floating in space usually from a ship that just got destroyed.. Even if they are far away they are usually worth the effort to pick up. Sometimes they are a trap, same with disabled ships..You show up and enemies uncloak and waste ya.. It is still worth it when you find a crate with a couple SDM in it and you can sell them for about 3 million each.. It can really make the trip worth while...

I fell for the bait trap again last night. I knew it was one before I even launched my shuttle at it so I was less suprised when the klaxon sounded.

It was a cargo pod and a quick stores scan showed it was loaded with goodies. It was hanging out near the gate to Barnard's star, as soon as the shuttle got close two fighters were launched from a cloaked CC. It all worked out well though, my shuttle got away with the pod and my CC kicked some alien a.

[ 02-25-2004, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Grizzle ]

quote:

Originally posted by Grizzle:

I fell for the bait trap again last night. ... It all worked out well though, my shuttle got away with the pod and my CC kicked some alien a.

I wish I were so lucky, I was running low on cash so I figured I'd leave my CC at Pixan (after I took it over) while I ran back to earth to get retreive my minerals so I could sell at Wraith, with it's high inflation rate.

While on my way back, saw a pod so I figured, hey some extra cash right? Wrong!! as soon as I picked it up, here comes some fighters off a cloaked ship and destroyed my shuttle. Unfortunately I didn't save after capturing Pixan so I pretty much had to start over again.

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

quote:

Originally posted by Grizzle:

I fell for the bait trap again last night. ... It all worked out well though, my shuttle got away with the pod and my CC kicked some alien a.

I wish I were so lucky, I was running low on cash so I figured I'd leave my CC at Pixan (after I took it over) while I ran back to earth to get retreive my minerals so I could sell at Wraith, with it's high inflation rate.

While on my way back, saw a pod so I figured, hey some extra cash right? Wrong!! as soon as I picked it up, here comes some fighters off a cloaked ship and destroyed my shuttle. Unfortunately I didn't save after capturing Pixan so I pretty much had to start over again.

Ha...I left out the part where just afterwards I jumped to Barnards. I was going to take out Syganstar. My mind wandered a bit and as soon as HJ recharged I hit it. Didn't take long to realize I forgot to engage cloak.

I spent the last minute thanking my crew for all their wonderful work. I was proud of the craft we had built (warning acquired..) we'd been able to upgrade all major systems (warning acquired...) spend some quality time planetside and deal swift justice to those who opposed us (emerging from hyperspace).

quote:

Originally posted by ProXimity:

Every had a problem with a shuttle actually retreiving a pod? Like it can't seem to match the 'Y' axis (as an example.)

Maybe I am NAVing it wrong with wps.

ProX

Yeah I've seen that. I think it has to do with flight vector or something. I usually solve it by having the shuttle fly somewhere else (not too far) and then reorder the pick-up, usually works then.

• 1 year later...

i've gone to pick up a disabled shuttle or a fleeing shuttle in exploded and damaged most of my systems and destroyed a couple. oh and a note to Darkling, Majora to Sarien is a good trade plan to. 40% inflation i think.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

quote:

Originally posted by greypoe:

maybe i should use my manual to crush the crate.

i have alot of trouble finding stuff in the manual... I just flipped through it and couldn't find it. Oh well, next time i see a cargo pod im just got to eject from my ship and shoot at it.

LOL Yer from Misery fer sure.

Don't get all uppity.

Try Reading The Fine Manual and you'll find the answer you seek. When you do, you'll smack your forehead and scream DOH!!!

• 1 year later...

Just a new comment on this topic. I agree with the OP (and took his advice, going out of my way to get cargo pods) I found one with 3 surface to orbit missles in it and sold them all for about 21 Mil at wraith station :D It is crazy what you can find inside these things. Also I think I found those STO missles inside a journalist jentar remains, whats up with that? He was a gammy so I guess that makes sense, he was probably gonna make his own news ^_^