Intruders Tip

Lestat9

When you get the message Intruders onboard and you have a CC that has shuttles or fighters you should go to logistics/Power and turn off the launcher power, this will eliminate the chance of them stealing your million dollar crafts...eventually your marines will search, kill them or catch them and you wont risk any damage except craft or equipment damage instead of craft loss

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I always have one marine assigned to each shuttle. That way, if I want a quick launch for a cargo pod sweep, the shuttle is always ready.

And if any intruders get that far, not only do they find launch control shut down they get a nasty surprise as they walk through the shuttle door.

Of course, if there's more than one intruder at the shuttle, I sometimes order that marine to make a beeline out of there. He who fights and runs away lives to come back with his angry and well-armed comrades another day...

quote:

Originally posted by Joel Schultz:

I always have one marine assigned to each shuttle. That way, if I want a quick launch for a cargo pod sweep, the shuttle is always ready.

And if any intruders get that far, not only do they find launch control shut down they get a nasty surprise as they walk through the shuttle door.

Of course, if there's more than one intruder at the shuttle, I sometimes order that marine to make a beeline out of there. He who fights and runs away lives to come back with his angry and well-armed comrades another day...

AMEN THAT....and I always unload all the OCs and DRONEs from the shuttles to prevent damages or theft.... I've experienced an intruder assault team that was beamed directly into my shuttle launch bay and before I can even realize they stole 3 of my SC... ....

The biggest problem I seem to have with those suckers is that they seem to come with plenty of explosives and damage every system along the way to the shuttles. Of course, my team always dispatches them, but not before they've damaged or destroyed several systems. ... Then again, it could be because they don't like the fact that I'm getting closer to Gammulan Territory.

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

I've experienced an intruder assault team that was beamed directly into my shuttle launch bay and before I can even realize they stole 3 of my SC... ....

thats nothin i had an intruder beamed directly into the Detention Cells. i couldnt laugh hard enough, i can picture the event now

RP/

Intruder: Sweet, looks like there are no marines in this area.

*intruder takes a few steps into the sercurity forcefield

Intruder: Crap! I'm in the Detention Cells.

*a marine gets up from behind control console

Marine: What the..? Welcome aboard, next stop Galcom HQ.

/RP

Guest Shingen

It's a random occurance within the game. Highest probability is when you get a hostile transport in sector, but you will also get intruders with carriers and cruisers.

Biggest problem with intruders is when you have more of them on your craft, then you have marines to kill them! In one game I can remember (in BCM), I had something like 20 intruders (from 3 different occurances), 8 marines on deployed shuttles and the rest dead or dying.

I finally had to high-tail it to a friendly starstation to get rid of all of them, as the were wreaking havok on my major systems.

quote:

Originally posted by Gordon:

They are beaming over from hostile ships that are in your region. Their main purpose is to damage ship components, steal your supplies and your shuttles if you forgot to shut off launch control.

...and kill (if their AI is high enough) your AE

Yeah, last night I had 7 intruders boarded straight to the bridge! My AE's FF went down to 28, but I survived. I lost two marines and two officers, which I cloned afterward. But I gotta tell you, that I had most blasting fun time all through it!

quote:

Originally posted by Papi:

Yeah, last night I had 7 intruders boarded straight to the bridge! My AE's FF went down to 28, but I survived. I lost two marines and two officers, which I cloned afterward. But I gotta tell you, that I had most blasting fun time all through it!

What did you do? Just stare at PERSCAN and hope that your AE's mad kombat skillz paid off?

Guest kenny87

I always have launch control turned off unless I'm going to launch something; I mean you don't leave the key's in the ignition unless you want to go anywhere, right?

Btw, can't wait for intruders in knightblade. Going to do to them what I've been waiting since BC3k for [<---evil smile]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Papi:

What did you do? Just stare at PERSCAN and hope that your AE's mad kombat skillz paid off?

When this happens to me, I halt my CC and abandon ship! Just pop out of the hatch and walk around on deck until things blow over inside.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

QUOTE]What did you do? Just stare at PERSCAN and hope that your AE's mad kombat skillz paid off? [/QB]

BTW it was my AE's LF that went down to 28 not FF. I ordered my AE to medibay, fortunately he got there without getting more injured.

Then I ordered every marine available to search mode (I had 10 marines out of 20 to work with: 2 dead and 8 sent to medibay) then I observed from perscan and tactical how it progressed. These intruders were really hard to get cleaned out.

Everytime my marine got LF under 50% I ordered him to medibay and usually by that time other marines were healed enough to put them on search mode instead of injured ones.

This is one of the many great features of the game, to manage your crew like that!

• 2 weeks later...

lol, after 10 minutes of gametime I got my first intruder and he got away with a shuttle. of course I learned from that, launch control is offline most of times, now. I kept on playing of course, because it would have been really pathetic the other way....

one quick question: I salvaged pods worth about 1 mio. cr. during the next 10 minutes. did that compensate my loss?