Intruders Tip

Lestat9

...let us walk on the path of logic: you are a trader sporting an LRT-vessel. most factions are neutral to you and won't attack you anyway. your only enemies are raiders and similar. the question is: do raiders beam on board? have none experience in this so far....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kenny87

Raiders beaming aboard to raid your stores and then raiding your shuttle bay to make an escape with their loot seems logical to me.....but thats just speculation.

quote:

What did you do? Just stare at PERSCAN and hope that your AE's mad kombat skillz paid off?

It's either that,when they are on the bridge, or run like hell... :D. I choose the latter. I send my AE to medbay, where I always keep two marines. This usually works for me. If there are other options, I would be interested in hearing them. :cool:

quote:

Two words:

Space

Walk

LOL...duh!..that one never even crossed my mind...I have GOT to be getting OLD!!

but again...moving along at top speed, in heat of battle, would leave you in deep Sh*t, suddenly jumping out the nearest hatch!!

quote:

Originally posted by street:

but again...moving along at top speed, in heat of battle, would leave you in deep Sh*t, suddenly jumping out the nearest hatch!!

I've done it.

My only thought, as I pulled down the lever about to be sucked into space was ....Dear Lord, don't let me get my hands on Resnig when I get back. And my ship had better be intact. For his sakes.

Of course, the angst of not knowing wtf was going on in my ship, made me fire up Tacops and tell it come to me so that I could halt it and get back in. By the time I was back in, Resnig and his crew of braindead grunts had apparently succeeded in killing all the intruders. Imagine my amazement.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

My only thought, as I pulled down the lever about to be sucked into space was
....Dear Lord, don't let me get my hands on Resnig when I get back. And my ship had better be intact. For his sakes.

ROFLMAO

That is the funniest thing I've heard in a while!

I'm curious though, I haven't seen a way to turn this little trick around. Is there a way to target enemy ships for boarding parties of our own marines?

And what's transporter range for those enemy ships too? I had hoped that enemies had to get near me to beam marines over, but I think I was mistaken because unless they came from planetside I had boarders on one occasion where nobody was nearby. By the time I finished that little adventure I had lost one shuttle (didn't make it to power allocation in time), but those other enemy marines PAID WITH THEIR LIVES!!! (Sound a little worked up about it still?)

Well anyway, that's enough spew for now.

ZM out

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Odd.... I had intruders and they didn't show up on Perscan untill after they were caught. Showed up as "Assignemnt: Detention Hold"

But it never showed where they were before they were caught... make it diffuclt to figure out why my AE's LF is going down....

Has anyone ever had intruders in the transporter section? I was struck with the thought that, if you were in orbit around a planet/moon, you may be able to teleport their weazily butts planetside(preferably smack dab in the middle of a TER/MIL base ).

quote:

Originally posted by Freyar:

Odd.... I had intruders and they didn't show up on Perscan untill after they were caught. Showed up as "Assignemnt: Detention Hold"

But it never showed where they were before they were caught... make it diffuclt to figure out why my AE's LF is going down....

Try resizing down the intruders window in the PERSCAN screen..... you may see a triangle at the top right of the title bar that show you that there are more info to be displayed if you give them space....

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

The biggest problem I seem to have with those suckers is that they seem to come with plenty of explosives and damage every system along the way to the shuttles. Of course, my team always dispatches them, but not before they've damaged or destroyed several systems. ... Then again, it could be because they don't like the fact that I'm getting closer to Gammulan Territory.

Nah, only this person can do that kind of damage!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest poojawamanthing

its so unfair we should be able too board the emy ships. i tried once and i killed all of my spacemarise and resing- who i had put him in there cuz he was being stupid behond belife and frogot to clone him lol

• 1 month later...