Low on Power?

GrizLeBar

Well, your in East Japips quadrant of Nowhere, your stores are depleted, you've run out of Plutonium and Radine, your engines and reactor have shut down, and to top it off, there are no tow ships available to take you back to base. Waddya gonna do?

Launch a Shuttle, and order it to tow you back to base.

Well obviously

But there is one problem. Say when the shuttle catches you in its tractor beam, your solar panels are facing away from the sun? Then you have no power, and both life support systems shut down. Then your in massive trouble, and reality hits you, hard.

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

quote:

Originally posted by Gudihl:

GrizLeBar,

Add your System Profile Information to you signature
, or I hit you hard...

Best regards

I thought you only needed that for Tech Support questions?

Read you read this featured topic? I try to be flexible - depending on what day of the week it is. But there is NO flexibility when it comes to posting in the tech support forum.

I have another trick, but it's not mine. Kasey Chang at Gamefaqs wrote this FAQ. His idea is there. It is to point your CC toward the sun to get the full 99 points of power(or at least enough to get Launch Controll and Life Support online), then put you AE in a shuttle. Give your CC the halt order, then launch the shuttle. Dock the shuttle at the nearest friendly station, then stock up on radine, return to the CC, then unload it into reactor. BAM!, reactor back online.

[ 06-22-2004, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Annihilator ]

quote:

Originally posted by Annihilator:

... then put you AE in a shuttle. Give your CC the halt order ....

Give the "Halt" order first. While you're still at the Tactical computer, after assigning your AE, the CC's autopilot might try to comply with an old order and re-orient itself. Then you're stuck until your AE returns to the bridge.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i had this problem recently. I sold all but 200 radine, but by the time I was fniished all my hours of trading that radine had run out. I leanred this by alt-e and entering the command craft. So I went and bought radine in the shuttle and came back but no power to launch control. So I towed the ship a bit and the solar panels lit up and I had enough for launch control and life support, the poor people was starving for air. Im glad both shuttles were not present because that damn coward crew were heading for the exits, all of them were in shuttle launch bay according toperscan. abandoning the ship those fools, I would have shot anyone I saw off the ship.

But it reminded of the topic recently where someone asked what is the use for solar panels, here was a good one, an emergency situation no matter even if stupidity brought it to fore.