Training BC AI

Guest Shingen

Guest Shingen

I've been thinking about posting on how to train the crew/pilot AI in BC, so that newbies and others can see just what the AI in BC can really do.

However, my problem is time, and also that the techniques involved also take a considerable amount of time for anyone who wants to improve their crew's/pilot's combat performance.

No one has to start a new game or anything, they just have to be willing to learn, along with their BC counter-parts...and be extremely thankful that we have Universal Combat 2.0.12 to work with, instead of BC3K 2.09.

Does anyone wanna know this stuff, or should I let ya'll learn it on your own?

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by jamotto:

I don't think anybody is going to complain if you did. You might also have a technique that nobody else has thought of.

Sorry, I didn't mean that to come out as conceded as it sounded. It's been a very long day.

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

and be extremely thankful that we have Universal Combat 2.0.12 to work with, instead of BC3K 2.09.

Hey!! wot does that mean?

/me having flashbacks of hamsters on a wheel

quote:

Originally posted by jamotto:

You might also have a technique that nobody else has thought of.

He probably does.

As a green newbie, my vote normally only counts as half a vote. But since your question is directed directly at newbies, as a newbie my vote actually counts for a full three fourths! So I put my 3/4 vote to you taking the time to putting that info together and I promise to read it 10 or 12 times. Your time would help many a newbie at least survive a few minutes longer per campaign.

quote:

Originally posted by Tinjaw:

As a green newbie, my vote normally only counts as half a vote. But since your question is directed directly at newbies, as a newbie my vote actually counts for a full three fourths! So I put my 3/4 vote to you taking the time to putting that info together and I promise to read it 10 or 12 times. Your time would help many a newbie at least survive a few minutes longer per campaign.

LOL!!!

Looks like in ucHTL I need to start giving violations and court-martial points for purposefully killing your crew.

Either that or I just reset the AI to the dumb levels each time someone gets cloned. Yeah, that should plug this hole real good.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Looks like in ucHTL I need to start giving violations and court-martial points for purposefully killing your crew.

Either that or I just reset the AI to the dumb levels each time someone gets cloned. Yeah, that should plug this hole real good.

what hole, i dont see anything that needs to be fixed

i think its almost perfect as it is. wouldnt the medical officer update the DNA samples on a regular basis?

Resnig and Better, somehow I feel that doesn't work in the same sentence together.

I'm afraid no amount of killing will improve Resnig. His fault rests not with his AI level, but with something deeper.

It's like the Mihosi Effect. No matter how smart she gets, Mihoshi will always crash her shuttle into the lake at mach five upon returning home from a patrol (Thusly flooding the Masaki household YET AGAIN.)

MIHOSHI: *SOB* Washu-chan, I broke my shuttle... could you please fix it again?

Somehow I think Resnig is related to Mihoshi.

quote:

Generally, a pilot that has 10 sorties and has 10 (space/air) kills will raise about 2 points in dogfighting.

I've tried to find this relation myself (in BCMG) and didn't see any change at about 30 sorties and over 20 kills. I stopped trying.

Your statement gives me that little push I needed to investigate this issue once again as there apparently is something to gain. Thanx.

quote:

Resnig and Better, somehow I feel that doesn't work in the same sentence together.

Ehm.., I think you would find the words "Better than Resnig" easy to use in almost all sentences. You could even slip it in during some casual conversation if you want.

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by dreadx:

quote:

Generally, a pilot that has 10 sorties and has 10 (space/air) kills will raise about 2 points in dogfighting.

I've tried to find this relation myself (in BCMG) and didn't see any change at about 30 sorties and over 20 kills. I stopped trying.

Your statement gives me that little push I needed to investigate this issue once again as there apparently is something to gain. Thanx.

I don't know if those were exact numbers 'cause I was pulling most of that stuff off the top of my head from BCM.

Since most of my time in UC as been as either an assassin or a raider, I've had to go back and start a new game (Ter/Ins ) and try to remember all the things from BCM.

I can see a link between Mihoshi and Universal Combat... They must have both had the same training class for shuttle flying... as Marines crash shuttles into the ground at top speed as much as she does... only she seems to survive alot more...

As a side thought, Marines with Higher AI can locate enemies faster when searching, and have higher survivability in a fight yes?

Guest Shingen

I killed my Part1 post, as it seems I need to go back and re-write it.

UC seems to act a little differenly then either BCM or BC3K did.

More later...

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed that every time my pilots die they clone back with the same AI level as they started(UC 2.0.12) instead of cloning back to the last level when they die. Is that the way it is supposed to work or does that training method still work in some way?