for instance to get to a Shuttle fast

I'd launch a Shuttle give it the halt order then exit the CC

fly over to it and Enter the Shuttle

do whatever i need to do

then fly back dock Exit the CC and Re-Enter

Re-Entering puts you On station Immediately

also works much faster for deploying Mining Drones

I'd do the procedure as before to enter a Shuttle

use TacOps to set my Wave Points flying down, and returning takes you about a minute

and to get to the next Shuttle with the next Mining Drone

I'd use TacOps to launch the next Shuttle fly right over it Exit my Craft

and Re-Enter the next Shuttle blam set my New Wave Points and fly down

I find it works alot better then deploying the shuttles

to a Wave Point and have them Circle the Wave Point till the land which takes forever

I also found it very useful for getting those picky SOS ships that want to fly on a Z-Axis

Getting a Cargo Pod before a Transport

or even going and getting supplies

using a shuttle when no Enemies are around works wonder on speedy deliveries

[ 08-05-2004, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: namotus ]

The trouble is when you want to deploy four mining drones at one time. I just use TAC OPS.

Select shuttle craft #, select the option ADD, then go to the button that says procede to next, change it to deploy mining drone, then setpos and set the position somewhere out there...

Repeat for other shuttles, then launch them all at once and hope the Marines piloting aren't stupid enough to fly it into the ground... (Some kind of occasional bug I have noted...) ...All four drones deployed in moments, and I don't have to leave the bridge. It's better than trying to play shuttlehop... especially if you forget a command somewhere and your CC goes flying off somewhere without your permission. (RRRRRRRRESNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I logged on right now with the sole purpose of posting this very same technique. However, I find it easier to keep a marine in the shuttle. It gives someone to talk to, and after he's done dropping you off at the bridge airlock, he can go park the thing, AND you don't even have to tip!

I use it when I go galavanting off in a shuttle to do some shopping.

lol, i always have my marines on station or set them all to search for intruders faster to kill the buggers. But other whys for someone to fly the shuttles when i plan on using on i set my flight engineers to do that duty

quote:

Originally posted by namotus:

lol, i always have my marines on station or set them all to search for intruders faster to kill the buggers. But other whys for someone to fly the shuttles when i plan on using on i set my flight engineers to do that duty

Yeah, me too... or some times I use my pilots if the fighters have to be prepped for launch....

quote:

Originally posted by namotus:

I've found its extremely quicker to just exit the craft by using Ctrl+E

If you're going to post tips, at the very least, make sure the information is 100% accurate; or don't post it.

Since whey did CTRL+E allow you to exit a craft?

quote:

Originally posted by Admiral Tigerclaw:

and hope the Marines piloting aren't stupid enough to fly it into the ground... (Some kind of occasional bug I have noted...)

Once you understand HOW the game actually works and why dumb personnel do dumb things, you will learn that just because it doesn't look right to you, doesn't mean its a bug. LEARN how to play the game first.

Mbyae you're jsut lysdexlic nad cna't raed tihgns crrocetly.

(FACT: The human brain can do some interesting things. For instance, despite the fact that the above words are scrambled, as long as the first and last letters of the words remain the same, it doesn't matter how the word is put together, you can still read it. Don't count the word dyslexic though, I just scrambled it differently. Hint: Don't LOOK at the words, just READ as if nothing's wrong.)

I've found that if you're using a cruiser you can use the flight engineer for piloting your shuttles as they have nothing to do aboard your CC sincve you don't have any fighter....(Infact I'm guessing why the SC has putted FEs in cruiser...)

I still seem to have problems with the shuttle periodically deciding to drive around in circles, never reaching their listed target for COLLIDE or what have you. I read in another thread that shuttles should have a minium distance between objectives, but was under the impression that was only planetside to prevent the craft from trying to cross the near-infinite delta in density at the air-ground interface at high speed.

Yes, that long sentence basically means "Crash"...

Anyway, is that a related problem?

You could call it 'CRASH' but I prefer to think of it as the transfer of momentum from shuttle to planetary surface, while compressing the shuttle into a more compact and higher entropy model.

Of course, this does little good for the guy on board, as he gets reduced to a higher entropy version of himself as well...

I lamens terms: "He gets splattered right messily all over the inside."

None of which achieves the goal of retrieving that mining drone and gathering the minerals it contains. (I also note this weird event you described, but I only see it happen with my Shuttle MK1s... I think it might have something to do with craft pathfinding.)