Cloaked Ships

Moonbrooke

Ok, I'm a long-time lurker, but this is my first real post. I've been playing UC for a while, and feel comfortable with the game in general. I'm playing a military career as a commander and am currently gaining exp by protecting the ships in one system (Majoris) from enemys. I've been rather successful, but the cloaked ships are still a thorn in my side. I can never find them, or if I do, once I fire a few shots and they take some damage, they re-cloak and run. (I can't say that I blame them.) I've read on these forums that there are tactics that can be used for dealing with cloaked ships, but after searching the forums, I can't find any useful info. Could someone please help me by suggesting some useful tactics against cloaked ships? Thanks in advance.

Thanks, DREADA. I've been using the tecniques you've mentioned, and they do help. I was just hoping there was a strategy that works better. I'm not worried about the cloaked ships that attack ME. When they do that, they usually die. My problem is trying to protect the other ships in the system. I've noticed that when I DO get a blip, sometimes it seems almost more effective to give the CC the attack order and let the AI chase it down. And no, I'm not sure I want to know your fleet's secret method. One of your rivals might capture me and torture it out of me! Looking forward to multiplayer...

• 9 months later...

and here's a good engaging tactic. If you HyperJump to an enemy craft and it doesn't jump, and the craft is flying tword you on the tacscan, what you do is turn all the way around just as you strat to slow down. because when you set jump destination it goes where the ship WAS. then you end up on his but shooting the crap out of the ship.