Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

quote:

No comment. Just wait and see. In fact, I'm not even sure that Resnig is part of the KnightBlade crew.

I just had a funny thought. Picture this as the opening movie of KB. You are on a shuttle heading to a combat zone. Your character is looking straight ahead, and the guy next to you is talking your ear off about how important it is to cover your buddy to survive the upcoming mission, blah blah blah. You turn to your right and there is your buddy, smiling, wearing a "Resnig" patch on his uniform.

Of course, only BC/UC gamers would get it. heh

He would not survive the trip.

"Just toss his body in yon bomb crater."

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

I kept saying that from the moment I read KnightBlade.

I'm curious will the actions of this crew be recorded in the official timeline? After the release of course.

Also after the storyline is over how much can you do? Like can you trade? mine? Or is it just fly and shoot/ teleport and shoot?

Last questions, Will the xbox version of KnightBlade support Xbox Live?

If KnightBlade goes onto the PC after the Xbox will there be any advantage to having the PC version over the Xbox?

How different will KnightBlade for Xbox2 (if it does come out for it) be from the first game in terms of storyline? A sequel or upgrade of the first?

I'm looking forward to UCE2E, but will wait until I get a better system.

SC,

Sounds great! I must admit as one of your "niche hard core" fans that news I'm most excited about is the chance at another Battlecruiser title about the time I get my next payraise to support it. But I may need to buy an Xbox in the meantime to play KB

Questions:

1. Do you plan to enable the gunship turret weapon positions in UCE2E?

2. Will taking out base power, sensor and comms buildings have an effect on taking the base? For instance, if a crack team of EFM manages to knock out the EWR, does that affect how far away the base will see incoming aircraft and launch fighters? Do you plan to have knocking out the nuclear and solar power systems affect the way the base works?

Andy P.

quote:

Originally posted by Mrxknown:

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

Keep saying it, because I'm not in a position to reveal any further features to this game, other than what I've already talked about here or in the press release.

quote:

Originally posted by Andrew Presby:

1. Do you plan to enable the gunship turret weapon positions in UCE2E?

2. Will taking out base power, sensor and comms buildings have an effect on taking the base? For instance, if a crack team of EFM manages to knock out the EWR, does that affect how far away the base will see incoming aircraft and launch fighters? Do you plan to have knocking out the nuclear and solar power systems affect the way the base works?

Andy P.

1. They will probably be enabled in UC at some point (depending on my schedule). So yes, they will be enabled in UCE2E as well (even if not enabled in UC)
  2. Yes. But there are NO npc controlled entities in UCE2E during multiplayer. Nevertheless, if the EWR sensor array is down, either no air targets will show up on radar (DIE or TRS) or there will be a time dilation delay (meaning that it won't be in real time - so, even though you see it, they could already be nearer to you). Similarly if the comms building sensor array is down, well then, I guess you won't be able to talk to anyone in your team. Or something.

I haven't full fleshed it all out yet, but its going to be such that EVERY asset in the base, has its use and if its down, you're all in trouble. If nothing else, this also promotes teamplay because you need player engineers going around and fixing things.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Mrxknown:

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

Keep saying it, because I'm not in a position to reveal any further features to this game, other than what I've already talked about here or in the press release.

Hopefully if I say it enough times I'll get to play it first!

Thanks for the info, SC!

*salutes*

quote:

Originally posted by Derek Smart:

1. They will probably be enabled in UC at some point (depending on my schedule). So yes, they will be enabled in UCE2E as well (even if not enabled in UC)

2. Yes. But there are NO npc controlled entities in UCE2E during multiplayer. Nevertheless, if the EWR sensor array is down, either no air targets will show up on radar (DIE or TRS) or there will be a time dilation delay (meaning that it won't be in real time - so, even though you see it, they could already be nearer to you). Similarly if the comms building sensor array is down, well then, I guess you won't be able to talk to anyone in your team. Or something.

I haven't full fleshed it all out yet, but its going to be such that EVERY asset in the base, has its use and if its down, you're all in trouble. If nothing else, this also promotes teamplay because you need player engineers going around and fixing things.

[/QB]

Now if only that would be converted into KnightBlade!!!! *giggles at the thought of it*

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by mentis:

From reading the KB description it sounds a hell of a lot like System Shock 2, which was a great and freaky game.

You must be kidding me

I am assuming that you don't think KB sounds similar in concept to SS2. (Unless you don't think SS2 was a good game, in which case "to each his own.")

[*]"...KnightBlade is sent to a remote region of space...," whereas your "CC" (the Von Braun) in SS2 was as well (Tau Ceti was it?).

[*]"Ambushed en-route, betrayed, boarded by hostiles," just as the Von Braun in SS2.

[*]"...faced with on board sabotage, incredible odds and eventually lost in space...," just as in SS2, since you are a one man effort to take back the Von Braun.

[*]"April Gage finds herself fighting for the very survival of her ship and crew...," just as you do in SS2 (though you find out that your crew is pretty much dead)

In any case, this was intended as a compliment, since I believed SS2 to be a cult classic. I meant no disrespect.

quote:

Originally posted by TheBunny:

I really hope that KB will also be for PC. I read at the bottom of that press release that it is likely that a PC release will follow the XBOX release.

AMEN! SC's got my $$$ as soon as the PC version comes out.

quote:

Originally posted by TheBunny:

When i read that it was an XBOX game i was about to go jump off a cliff. But i just realized that it may be easier to just buy an XBOX....

Please permit me to respectfully disagree with you; see you at the bottom. I can count on one hand the number of console games I like (Dynasty Warriors III, SSX Tricky, um, um... see?)

So -- can I ask if this (KnightBlade) is how that once-upon-a-dream-now-dead BC 3030 with the ability to walk in your cruiser ended up? (I do remember the (pre-alpha?) demo of that ability floating around out there a long time ago).

quote:

Originally posted by mentis:

In any case,
this was intended as a compliment
, since I believed SS2 to be a cult classic. I meant no disrespect.

The two games aren't even close. Did I say anything about attempting to take back Knightblade? Can you fly the Von Braun? Do you have crew? Need I go on?

Certainly you are correct in that the games are quite different in many respects. It was just something that came into my mind when I first read the PR. But it's not really an issue.

At any rate, I'm sure KB will be much better than SS2 anyway, what with the multitude of possibilites which are still uniquely from the BC universe. I'm looking forward to it!

Hell yeah, DREADA. I was named...ehh...well...Bandus. :grins:

I hated that and I was considered a "masterful" crafter of defenses. In the rare times I wasn't in an engineering suit I was in a sniper suit.

But I don't want to go off topic...PM me sometime and we can discuss more.

I am very excited to be seeing this game on XBOX actually. I mean, on a computer, you can do so much more because in my opinion it's more open ended. But on that same token, the XBOX has many advantages over a computer. I'm really excited about both titles....

Edit: Woot! My 600th post.

Guest Fox__Trot

NO npc's in e2e multiplayer? umm are we talking always up always on planetside style servers? because you'd need alot of players unless of course planets are smallish in size... hmm I duno guess I'll wait and see

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

I'm even more happy to hear we'll be returning to the good ol' original Battlecruiser premise eventually ie. a single, highly detailed ship... man, you just can't beat that stuff!!

Yeah I just finished playing the Extreme Carnage Mode on BC3K V.2, That was pretty awsome how you have your Radar Computer and Tactical Computer modeled in the ship, started taking some hits and my Tactical Computer went dead!, I love that kind of stuff, and I can't wait for it to be put back into the series!

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

My sons been bugging me to get him an xbox lately. I guess this his lucky day.

-> sometime in the future

"Daddy, can I play xbox?"

"Sure, my son!"

"Daddy, when?"

"Hmmm, wait a sec son. I got some very, very important work to do right now."

"With xbox?"

Well, that's the end of lame excuses for ya

• 2 weeks later...

First it seems like this link needs to be edited as the game is not KnightBlade.

Secondly, I was just thinking about the part of flying around after you beat the game.

Then I remember that the title is KnightBlade: Final Flight, So I'm thinking that the CC ship will be destroyed, but the Commander will be flying around in a Shuttle or fighter when the game is over.

I highly doubt it, but that would p so many people off if they thought they would fly the CC.

But truthfully if that happen it would be hard for me not to laugh cause it would be funny.

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by almostpilot:

About KB :

Are There battles between ships ? and internal damages like panel explosions or other ?

I┬┤d like to see a transpoter room shot (if this exists of course)

Sorry for the distant time reply...

But yeah, I would like to see that, but I can think of an obvious problem. You're running through your ship, in a firefight with an intruder. He runs out of ammo, you finally have him....and then the bulkhead next to you gets blown apart by a ship from outside and you get sucked into space, or your ship shakes and you lose your bead and the intruder bolts. Hmm....