Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

quote:

All components of SINGE, our proprietary Seamlessly Integrated Game Environment, have been further advanced to expand and streamline our massive game worlds.

LOL, am I the only one who sees the irony in the name of the engine??

LOL!!! I was wondering when someone was going to pick up on that.

Interesting articles. It will be interesting to see how the changes affect the game. Not to happy about losing manual shift from FOTL to VOTL though... I get over it in time.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Something completely UNACCEPTABLE has happened. Please read
GNN

I have been advised that it was Dreamcatcher media folks who edited the interview before it went out to GameSpot.

In fact, the only reason the Homelan interview wasn't censored, was because it went directly through me because Homelan sent the questions directly and did not go through Dreamcatcher. So, I had to talk John at Homelan into not running his interview until after the GameSpot one ran because of the promise (that they would get first dibs to anything I had to say) that Dreamcatcher media had made to GameSpot . Without telling me about it of course.

Silly publishers

quote:

Muad Dib, Gone Gold Forum:

It was like he wanted to keep the "Edsel" badge and that's just not good brand marketing.

I always wanted an Edsel. I was surprised to discover I already had three of 'em.

Btw, newspaper editors make changes all the time. Reporters are often amazed at "what they wrote" after reading their own articles in the morning paper.

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

Btw, newspaper editors make changes all the time. Reporters are often amazed at "what they wrote" after reading their own articles in the morning paper.

Don't compare editorial content to a personal interview. I don't work for Dreamcatcher and I own all rights to not only my IP but also to what I write in interviews.

Just a few questions Derek about the new advanced AI.

We all know the game is not FP shoot-em-up orientated but how does the new AI fair up when conducting a ground assault?

Do enermy marines and tanks (etc..) provide a better challenge when under attack?

Also, how well in your opinion do friendly assets respond and carry out orders in regards to an assault?

Are you pleased with the new AI and does it meet with your expectations?

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

quote:

All components of SINGE, our proprietary Seamlessly Integrated Game Environment, have been further advanced to expand and streamline our massive game worlds.

LOL, am I the only one who sees the irony in the name of the engine??

LOL!!! I was wondering when someone was going to pick up on that.
i don't get it, beside the fact that "singe" is the french term for monkey, so umm ...

Singe in English is to burn or crisp.

If you stand to close to a fire you can singe your hair.

The grill was too hot and I singed the chicken.

So the play on words is that Derek is going to singe (burn or crisp) competing games.