Misc Ramblings

Supreme Cmdr

POSTING RESTRICTIONS

In case you were wondering how you would get tech support for legitimate issues, once you have your posting rights rejected, turn to the inside cover of the BCM manual.

There's your answer.

Several of us monitor that email address; and while the first one is an auto-responder, a script checks for subsequent emails from the same source and flags it for human reply.

Don't expect anything different if you don't follow the instructions sent to you.

This board was setup as a means of interaction, sharing of ideas, tech support etc - but some fools seem to thing that I setup rules and regs (which pretty much everyone follows; except for a few renegades who think I owe them something) for the sheer fun of it. This board is clean and well organized because of those rules.

From time to time, I grant amnesty to folks whose posting rights were restricted. You may, from time to time, send a reminder to [email protected] to restore your posting rights. If you were banned, you stand zero chance of ever posting on this site again. So, don't waste your time.

FORUM ARCHIVES

I have setup an archive forum which contains all important threads. I will be adding to this forum from time to time. If you come across a thread which you think should go in there, send me the link via private message.

REGISTRATION PROFILES

If you wish to update your registration profile info (e.g. you upgraded your system), just login and update it.

FORUM PROFILES

I have it once too many times, check your UBB forum profile and REMOVE your CDKEY from it. That key is only required when you are registration the first time on the board. It then gets removed when you are approved. Some folks are going back and putting that number in there. Your profile is viewable to everyone and your CDKEY can be stolen. If that ever happens, you will find yourself unable to access multiplayer servers and other services which rely on that key. If any key disputes arise, you will be required to show proof of BCM purchase in order to claim ownership.

I have come across instances where some idiots are buying the game from EB, installing it, cracking it (SafeDisc of course), writing down the key, and returning the game to EB. What these clueless yahoos don't realize (nobody can be that dumb) is that those returns are NOT recycled. They go right back to the warehouse and the Tyvex sleeve containing the CDKEY, returned to us. That key is then invalidated and entered into a database. The Tyvex sleeve and CDKEY are then replaced, the product repackaged and then put back in the warehouse for shipment to retailers as required.

Guess what? Just recently, I've come across three such instances where people are attempting to use those stolen keys. Not only do I have their names, addresses, email addresses etc, so do their ISP and the FBI's fraud division as well as the SPA. With the recent FBI crackdown on piracy, don't be surprised if you get a knock on the door one day and have all your computer equipment impounded.