3000AD Inc Publishing Deal

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Kiran:

Dude, those last couple of questions are kinda scary....don't do anything rash, now.

LOL!!! Don't worry, its all in good fun because I know some folks are just thinking like those responses. I know I would.

Well if you picked the right publisher it's ok ... I guess ... but I'm perturbed about you making console games ... The attraction from the Dark side is very powerful ....

Each time I see one of my coworkers at work I'm always arguing why PCs are better than consoles ... and he's arguing the other way around.

I enjoy framerates on my consoles. (If I had enough money to upgrade my computer to the max, I'd do it. But the console is basically the only good one-shot win.) I enjoy having games that never crash. I enjoy not having to configure anything.

There's nothing wrong with PC gaming, it's just the fact that I'm not so much a PC gamer, than a consoler. (I was born and raised living by the NES and SNES.)

I say both are completely good, in their own respects.

I used to be all for PC gaming, only because of multiplayer. But with the next generation of console games out there, that advantage is out.

I share the same view on this as most of the other teens in my area, more or less. Consoles are for gaming. Computers are for the internet, chat, instant messaging, big online games, and basically every other feature you need to get actual work done.

I'm not an obsessive-compulsive gamer. (I have a friend who is.) I'm simply a gaming fan. Either way, I don't care about the console vs. PC war. If SC said he'd go all out console from now on, I wouldn't care as much as everyone else (I'd probably care, because of the thought of a final BC game on the PC). If he said he'd do all PC games and never try out the console, I wouldn't really care; that'd be his loss.

There is no argument between console and PC. The average PC gamer is just simply brainier. But that never bothered me. I've always had some sort of love for consoles. Always.

It's basically comparing Windows to Linux, or PHP to BASIC, or Windows Media Player to Winamp. Simpler was almost always better. Less ways to screw things up and complicate things. But both things cater to different tastes. So there's no real good or bad, it's just bias and propaganda.

[ 12-19-2002, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

I know this is starting to get off-topic, but...

I'm not against consoles (in fact between my bro and I we own all the next-gen systems). I'm just against BC on consoles. I think it'd lose a lot in the translation.

A bit of a warning about the X-Box. Someone above said that you never have to worry about it crashing but that simply isn't always the case. When another massive game, similiar to battlecruiser in its scale, was released on the X-Box it lost A LOT. For one when a PC game is released on the X-Box you can't patch it, so any mistakes that are in it when you release are there for good. Morrowind for the X-Box has so many bugs in it that it becomes almost unplayable to a certain point (If you're lucky like me) However it would be really nice to see a BC game on the X-Box because then you would be able to take full advantage of it's systems with out having to worry about it running on every system and every graphic card. What ever happens I believe SC to be wise and I know he will do what is best for his company.

quote:

Originally posted by Serondal:

However it would be really nice to see a BC game on the X-Box

No games in the scope and vein of the traditional high-end complicated Battlecruiser series, are planned for the XBox.

The XBox game (working title, GCE) is not a Battlecruiser title. Anyone thinking that I'd be crazy enough to attempt something of that scope on the XBox - or any console for that matter - is far crazier than I am.

[ 12-19-2002, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I did vote perturbed on both questions that had that answer as a choice. However, continual upgrades/patches/refinements/better graphics were not ruled out so take the perturbed with a grain of salt. Yes I seem perturbed but if it keeps getting better what's the difference?

quote:

Originally posted by Viper2000:

I knew BCTC was too far ahead of its time. "sigh" just too good to be true I guess.

Which part of my explanation for terminatiing it, was written in Yiddish? Or are you just posting for hell of it. Tell me because I'm dying to burn up your profile.

[ 12-20-2002, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Grr, should have went with my first choice. Yep, Dreamcatcher was it, however, I picked Activision, as they have been trying as of late.

Dreamcatcher has been getting alot of business from me as of late, as they also publish those Nancy Drew Mystery games that my Wife loves to play (She only has everyone ever released!). I just got the last 2 for her for Christmas.

Good pick Derek.