3000AD Inc inks multi-title publishing deal

Supreme Cmdr

I think its a good move over all.

DC seems like a good company.

And it will take a load of your sholders.

Just dont let them push your buttons, and especialy the one that says "Release product date"

Congrats.

And for those who miss BCTC, think about it this way, may be BCO will come out sooner (fingers crossed )

quote:

Originally posted by EAGLE:

Just dont let them push your buttons, and especialy the one that says "Release product date"

nah, apart from the fact that I alone get to make that decision, they don't and never have (at least not to my knowledge) had a history of releasing products before they are ready.

There is always recourse on both sides and at the end of the day, if the product is late, its late. Nothing you can do about it - except hold the developer in breach of contract of course. When was the last time you ever heard a publisher do this to a developer? Never.

Because at the end of the day, if the game is worth it, being worked on and its not seriously late, the right thing to do is to ensure that it gets done properly and ships asap. Its when the publisher holds all the cards - and the developer relies on that publisher 100% for its existence - that you find nefarious things (like releasing games at will) going on.

And thats the reason why Take 2 would never have won had they allowed my claims to get to court (they thought I was bluffing) - they had absolutely no right to release BC3K without my consent. And that mistake, cost them dearly.

Besides, BCG has been in development over a year and even in its current Alpha Build 2 stage, is 100% playable. So, with almost six months to go, its a lesser risk than it would've been back in November 2001 when we started on it.

Apart from that, BCM Gold is a given and even during the six month stretch to BCG, there will be a BC title out there - and with multiplayer. And whatever we learn from BCMG, will definitely go into BCG. Its like an experiment of sorts.

I have very high hopes in my future with Dreamcatcher; as such, I'm not losing any sleep over what may or may not go awry. If I was, I wouldn't have done the deal. I said the same thing with Interplay, EB etc. If I'm not comfortable, I don't sign. Its that simple.

When it comes to releasing games late to finish them, i always point at blizzard.

As much as i know all their games are late, but when game comes out its awsome and with very few bugs.

Since Diablo 2 came out i think i had only 2 crashes and i played that game 24/7 when it came out.

Thats why i dont mind when companies release late, as long as its finished. Even boring game with no bugs is still better then "should be good game" that crashes every 3 minutes.

Thats my take on late release.

(and dont bring up Dikatana there are always exeptions)

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

I really like Dreamcatcher. I learned about them by playing GORE online againt several of their guys. 4Druler's Gore game is another indie title made by a REALLY small developer studio ran by a few brothers. Anyway, They finally got signed a while back by dreamcatcher and those guys got addicted to it. They tell stories about how when they first signed it it was *Gore at 4* then it was *Gore at 2 and 4* heh. They have some pretty good FPSers working at DC. unfortunately Gore is a game that went bye without much notice or fanfare, but I like it. Its arcadey, fast.. lots of fun..

I cant wait to hear the Storis of *BCG at 4* and *lets all meet at "x" planet for some raiding in BCO this weekend*. Rest assured there will be some guys there getting addicted to some serious BC multiplayer action.

To tell you the Truth, I am really looking forward to learning about the Xbox game. I just got an Xbox For Christmas. There is no telling what SC has up his sleeve. Will it be a Halo killer?

I have edited my first post to include a link to the press release.

Apparently some folks - despite several posts in this regard - still don't get it that the PR firm sent out an original release with incorrect information. This was corrected shortly after but since DC is on vacation, the version on their site has not yet been corrected.